Main Street Bakery to Serve Starbucks Coffee

Sped2424

This thread should either be moved to general discussion or merged with the existing thread. All that aside Welcome to Wdwmagic!! I recommend using the search bar before posting a thread (A mistake I myself have had to learn one to many times!)

Magenta Panther

My cousin was at the World a few weeks ago, and visited the Main Street Starbucks. FWIW, he said that the Starbucks logo was very subtle, and the Bakery still had lots of goodies to offer. And now it also has good coffee. :)

I'm off to visit the World myself - I'm leaving tomorrow! I'm not much on trip reports and seldom take pictures anymore, but I'll give a brief recap of my visit when I return.

Ariel484

My cousin was at the World a few weeks ago, and visited the Main Street Starbucks. FWIW, he said that the Starbucks logo was very subtle, and the Bakery still had lots of goodies to offer. And now it also has good coffee. :)
This is true, but most of them are Starbucks products.
13-09_CruiseEdit_091.jpg

13-09_CruiseEdit_092.jpg

The cupcakes in the bottom left corner of the top photo are the only non-Starbucks products (possibly the brownies next to them too, not totally sure). I'm happy that we can get good coffee but was surprised and disappointed by what they did to the food selection.

Totally agree with you about the coffee being good though. :)

Last edited:

Glasgow

Outside companies and sponsorships come and go over time. It's just the state of business today. I wouldn't worry about it too much tho, it's a pretty small thing in the grand scheme. Now if they'd only sponsor an attraction .. Maybe JIYI, so people could stay awake ..

Bairstow

How do the Starbucks cookies and breads and things compare to "Disney" breads and cookies?

It had been many, many years since I had anything from the Main Street Bakery. Last Disney bread I had was a cinnamon bun from Gaston's Tavern and I was very underwhelmed. Think grocery store cinnamon loaf bread with a thin splattering of icing on top.

RSoxNo1

This is true, but most of them are Starbucks products.
The cupcakes in the bottom left corner of the top photo are the only non-Starbucks products (possibly the brownies next to them too, not totally sure). I'm happy that we can get good coffee but was surprised and disappointed by what they did to the food selection.

Totally agree with you about the coffee being good though. :)
Starbucks is an evil huge corporation, it doesn't belong in a small family company like Disney that has never previously allowed other big businesses into their parks.

Monkee Girl

How do the Starbucks cookies and breads and things compare to "Disney" breads and cookies?

It had been many, many years since I had anything from the Main Street Bakery. Last Disney bread I had was a cinnamon bun from Gaston's Tavern and I was very underwhelmed. Think grocery store cinnamon loaf bread with a thin splattering of icing on top.

I love the Starbuck's treats. my favorite is the lemon loaf with the white icing on top. Always moist and sweet. And I also just tried to cake pop trio on my last trip. Well, my little cousin snatched my chocolate cake pop but the white cake and the white lemon (the pink and yellow ones shown in the picture) were fantastic.

I have to admit that as much as I love treats, I didn't get to eat a lot at the bakery. You get really full with those dining plans and the snacks I use always end up being popcorn and fries, lol.

Ariel484

Starbucks is an evil huge corporation, it doesn't belong in a small family company like Disney that has never previously allowed other big businesses into their parks.
:rolleyes: Really? I'm pretty sure I didn't say that in my post, but ooooooookay.

For the record, I'm a fan of Starbucks in the parks and have defended the decision to bring them to Disney in every other thread about the topic. I was just surprised at the food selection.

Goofyernmost

You lie. :eek::)

The long gone Cinnamon Roll was a BIG THING, a belly full.
;)
Doesn't everyone realize that Disney is saving everyone from one of the worst Theme Park curses that ever existed. Don't let this out, but, I have heard that occasionally, if you look really carefully you will see (excuse me) obese people in the parks. They are universally hated and looked upon as pond scum. If you don't want to be one of those unfortunate objects of scorn and ridicule, stay away from those damn Cinnamon Rolls. Disney did that for your own good. :cautious:

Gabe1

Ivory Tower Squabble EST 2011. WINDMILL SURVIVOR
Doesn't everyone realize that Disney is saving everyone from one of the worst Theme Park curses that ever existed. Don't let this out, but, I have heard that occasionally, if you look really carefully you will see (excuse me) obese people in the parks. They are universally hated and looked upon as pond scum. If you don't want to be one of those unfortunate objects of scorn and ridicule, stay away from those damn Cinnamon Rolls. Disney did that for your own good. :cautious:

And replacement Gourmet Hot Dogs and Cheeseburgers. Because it is healthy to dump cheese noodles and other crud atop of a meal already loaded in saturated fat. I'd take my Cinnamon Roll any day.

prberk

I'm off to visit the World myself - I'm leaving tomorrow! I'm not much on trip reports and seldom take pictures anymore, but I'll give a brief recap of my visit when I return.

Am I the only one who remembers before Nestle took over everything (another big company) for coffee around the resort with its Nescafe, the coffee was Hills Bros.? They apparently had a relationship that went all the way back to Disneyland. It was good coffee.

As for companies coming in to WDW, there has always been some mixture of that. Carnation and other companies sponsored things like the ice cream parlor for years.

So, as long as it is done well, and keeps the theme, it can work; and was in keeping with what Walt Disney himself did.

I just want to make sure that they do it well, and keep with the theme.

ToTBellHop

Am I the only one who remembers before Nestle took over everything (another big company) for coffee around the resort with its Nescafe, the coffee was Hills Bros.? They apparently had a relationship that went all the way back to Disneyland. It was good coffee.

As for companies coming in to WDW, there has always been some mixture of that. Carnation and other companies sponsored things like the ice cream parlor for years.

So, as long as it is done well, and keeps the theme, it can work; and was in keeping with what Walt Disney himself did.

I just want to make sure that they do it well, and keep with the theme.
And I can't imagine a future without Starbucks. Or Skinny Peppermint Mochas.

JimboJones123

20131106_101740.jpg
I hate to be "that guy but the Main Street Bakery still has not updated their menu to the Holiday Selection. I am pretty sure you can still order your Eggnog Latte and Peppermint Mocha, but since every other Starbucks converted to Holiday days ago, I find this less than magical.

George

Liker of Things
Premium Member

PhotoDave219

View attachment 37957 I hate to be "that guy but the Main Street Bakery still has not updated their menu to the Holiday Selection. I am pretty sure you can still order your Eggnog Latte and Peppermint Mocha, but since every other Starbucks converted to Holiday days ago, I find this less than magical.

You can get peppermint mochas every day, THANK GOD. Christmas party starts Friday, lets see what happens.

RSoxNo1

View attachment 37957 I hate to be "that guy but the Main Street Bakery still has not updated their menu to the Holiday Selection. I am pretty sure you can still order your Eggnog Latte and Peppermint Mocha, but since every other Starbucks converted to Holiday days ago, I find this less than magical.
Just to clarify, we are made because there is Starbucks signage missing. Prior to this opening, we were complaining that there would be Starbucks signage.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom