MagicBands WILL become a thing...

luv

I'm not too worried about Disney knowing if I rode Test Track or not.

I just think they're ugly and don't like to wear wristbands that aren't elastic and beaded.

luv

^^ No, you still have to stop, put your card on a Mickey circle thing and do a fingerprint. I think it's a smidge quicker, but won't make lines much shorter.

Pixiedustmaker

I see a lot of guests, kids mostly, folded them up and putting them in their pocket. Even so, much easy to pull out than a wallet with a ton of cards in it. No more fumbling around.

Obviously the tech can be put in different products, I think a "badge" on a lanyard would be more convenient, or even a badge that clips on to clothing and has the little retractable string, though that might fall off more easily.

In the future they might use face recognition, or even retinal recognition from a moderate distance, so that you don't have to wear anything.

Bolna

Since Disney won't even mail ME tickets and luggage tags to international visitors, I just can't imagine that they will pay postage for these fancy boxes to countries outside of North America...

llrain

they dont HAVE to take one YET.....but tell me you do not EVER see this as a whole replacement for the swipe card as we know it? It will....just give it time

THAT I get. I took her comment to mean that Disney will "require" people to use them.

Of course Disney wants us to use these. And I will. Not out of some automaton reasoning, but because I just like them and I like the idea of RFID. Its just that simple. I totally understand that some people don't like them. Heck, there are those that hate them. I have heard reasons from the sensible "They will irritate my wrists." to the insane "Disney is trying to spy on me." as reasons people don't like them. That's just fine, because they don't have to take one. ;)

llrain

you mean that with these you will never leave it in the car just because its a wrist band? Wheter its a card or wristband theres a chance of it being "Forgotten"?

It's all about the convenience for me. No more trips back to the car to pick up a card left in a jacket pocket; or worse yet, to Guest Services to get a new card. No more forcing everyone to come to a dead stop on the opposite side of the turnstiles to collect all the cards. No more fishing out the cards to collect Fastpasses. At a quick glance at everyone's wrist, you know instantly if you have a missing band.
Similarly, I found the PhotopassPlus card on a lanyard so much more convenient than the regular cards which have to be pulled out of your pocket or purse each time.
And if you look at my avatar, I am already wearing a pink plastic band, so I am clearly not averse to the band concept.
It will also make a great souvenir - better than the bookmark KTTK card.
I'm in.

llrain

they should have made them into a charm piece or something for the females and something else for males, sometthing a bit smaller....Its hard for me to even wear my wedding ring due to the lack of interest in jewelry, and you would like , not force (Yet), me to wear this huge thing on my wrist that looks like Walmart designed?

baggienath7

i absolutely love them, its all an added extra to your Disney experience, i think its a great step forward especially in the time of the smart phone, no more faffing around putting your cards back in to your wallet, no more worrying about miss placing you card, as your not going to miss place these bands are you!

Love it, Nice one Disney :D

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I suspect that I'll "wear" it attached to my belt pack. Anything other than my watch being around my wrist drives me to distraction while wearing it and then again for days afterward for having worn it. The hard ticket party wristbands were very annoying that way.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom