MagicBands' Magic?

Aurora Aura

Original Poster
MagicBand Connoisseurs! I got questions for you! :cat:

Hey there,
My question hasn't been answered on any chat log with a cast member and I'm curious to know;
'Are there any rides, events or even attractions where my MagicBand affects something?'
I read about the end of 'It's a Small World' how it says 'Goodbye, (your name)' in multiple languages and the rumor (I haven't read or seen too much on this) about the Haunted Mansion's hitch-hiking ghost get a little different and may hold up a sign with your name. So, MagicBand Connoisseurs, is there anything else I should expect or investigate?:confused:

NYwdwfan

MagicBand Connoisseurs! I got questions for you! :cat:

Hey there,
My question hasn't been answered on any chat log with a cast member and I'm curious to know;
'Are there any rides, events or even attractions where my MagicBand affects something?'
I read about the end of 'It's a Small World' how it says 'Goodbye, (your name)' in multiple languages and the rumor (I haven't read or seen too much on this) about the Haunted Mansion's hitch-hiking ghost get a little different and may hold up a sign with your name. So, MagicBand Connoisseurs, is there anything else I should expect or investigate?:confused:
The posters on the wall in Rockin' Roller coaster.

dreamfinder

Yes, the HHG's may display information about you or your location. Someone recently posted about a display at ASMovies that displayed your name. And if I recall, they had installed set pieces in the Muppets pre-show, but I don't think they have been active yet.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
This function of MB tech integrated with the rides is called StoryMaker. StoryMaker was never officially announced as a thing that WDW offers to enhance your visit. So, it seems to still be in the experimental stage, especially since some SM events will go offline for long periods of time.

I don't know of any place that has collated all the SM events at WDW. To the ones added above, you can see your name and hometown sometimes displayed behind the scanning robot in the Star Tours queue.

Certainly, any video display would theoretically have the capability of doing such things. And most poster-like displays are being converted to HD displays which could become a SM event.

Additionally, some rides automatically post a video of you on the ride to your PhotoPass, such as with the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train because of your MagicBand. I don't know if you or Disney would count that as a StoryMaker function.

Aurora Aura

Original Poster
This function of MB tech integrated with the rides is called StoryMaker. StoryMaker was never officially announced as a thing that WDW offers to enhance your visit. So, it seems to still be in the experimental stage, especially since some SM events will go offline for long periods of time.

I don't know of any place that has collated all the SM events at WDW. To the ones added above, you can see your name and hometown sometimes displayed behind the scanning robot in the Star Tours queue.

Certainly, any video display would theoretically have the capability of doing such things. And most poster-like displays are being converted to HD displays which could become a SM event.

Additionally, some rides automatically post a video of you on the ride to your PhotoPass, such as with the 7 Dwarfs Mine Train because of your MagicBand. I don't know if you or Disney would count that as a StoryMaker function.
Ah! Niceu.

JillC LI

After you place your order at BOG and choose any room to sit in, the CMs magically know where to bring your food.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom