MagicBands in the UK

sy278

Original Poster
Hi,

I have just booked my third trip to the world, last was in 2001, and the first visit for my OH and our kids.

We are staying off property at LBV and are planning to book our world tickets in advance via attraction-tickets-direct so we get full tickets and not vouchers. As these tickets are MyMagic+ enabled I would like to purchase MagicBands and link the tickets to these for ease of use at the parks.

What I can't find is if it is possible to purchase the MBs in advance of going to the world. Can anyone advise?

Thanks.

CAPTAIN HOOK

sy278

Original Poster
DisneyStore.com won't ship MagicBands internationally and no sign of them on the UK store, guess we just need to wait until we arrive.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
Hi,

I have just booked my third trip to the world, last was in 2001, and the first visit for my OH and our kids.

We are staying off property at LBV and are planning to book our world tickets in advance via attraction-tickets-direct so we get full tickets and not vouchers. As these tickets are MyMagic+ enabled I would like to purchase MagicBands and link the tickets to these for ease of use at the parks.

What I can't find is if it is possible to purchase the MBs in advance of going to the world. Can anyone advise?

Thanks.
They have them at the desk for you at check in. They allow you to customize them like everyone else etc, but will not ship internationally so they have them ready for you when you get to your resort. :)

Rob562

They have them at the desk for you at check in. They allow you to customize them like everyone else etc, but will not ship internationally so they have them ready for you when you get to your resort. :)

The OP is staying off-site, so they won't be getting free Magic Bands at all.
They were trying to figure out how to buy the Bands beforehand as an off-site Guest. Since they live in the UK, they can't.

-Rob

experiment624

DisneyStore.com won't ship MagicBands internationally and no sign of them on the UK store, guess we just need to wait until we arrive.

The cool thing about buying them in-person and on-property is that they'll have special-edition bands you can choose from at different times. Right now, you can buy a Star Wars themed band for Star Wars Weekends. At another time they had Frozen bands available. Special edition are only available during a specific period, and they change based on events and other factors. But there will be a good chance that you'll find something you'll love.

Andy_0410

As stayingon resort they were waiting for us at check in last year
This year I have been able to preorder which colours i want in advance but being from the uk I have to pick them up at check in
I would either enquire with disney how you go about getting them explaining you have already bought tickets
How do guest buying tickets on the day get them? Are they given out at the ticket/transportation centre for example?

Rob562

As stayingon resort they were waiting for us at check in last year
This year I have been able to preorder which colours i want in advance but being from the uk I have to pick them up at check in
I would either enquire with disney how you go about getting them explaining you have already bought tickets
How do guest buying tickets on the day get them? Are they given out at the ticket/transportation centre for example?

Bands are not given to everyone. Those without Bands just tap the ticket card to the readers. They work the same.

Those who want to pay extra can buy a Band at many stores in WDW. At the register the Cast Member will scan the Band and your ticket to link them.

-Rob

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom