1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Magicband Shipping

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by NearTheEars, Aug 7, 2017.

1. NearTheEars

NearTheEars Well-Known Member

Just was checking out the tracking information on the band I ordered after renewing my AP and noticed it was shipped from Davenport, FL, to Illinois and then back down here again. Just thought it was kind of funny as Davenport is a little over an hour from my house haha.

I'm guessing they send it to another facility to customize it.

2. Monty

Monty Who opened Pandora's Box? Premium Member

Not necessarily. Shipping companies seem to route items very oddly.

I think it's based on economies of scale. If a large shipment is going from Davenport to Seattle followed by another going from Seattle to Ocala, it may be more cost effective than shipping by vehicle from Davenport to Ocala.

I've had shipments travel by some very strange routes, particularly crossing the border, then it also can be impacted by the workloads at different Customs Clearing Facilities.

NearTheEars likes this.
  3. helenabear

helenabear Well-Known Member

The tracking is for the mailing only, not what stage the band is at. A lot of times they route packages stupidly, and you aren't the first I've seen say it went north just to go back to FL again. Blame it on the shipping who takes the packages and how they choose to route things.

NearTheEars likes this.
  4. Cosmic Commando

Cosmic Commando Well-Known Member

I'm pretty sure this is the company Disney uses. Some guy got a bonus for saving $.30 per box, but it's not fast.

http://www.osmworldwide.com/

5. worldofsounds

worldofsounds Member

My Magicband's were just shipped out and the exact same thing happened: Davenport FL -> Glendale Heights IL. I'm in Louisiana!

6. venym

venym New Member

I guess they decided to stop with Priority 2 Day shipping? That sucks.

7. worldofsounds

worldofsounds Member

Did you ever receive your Magicbands? Mine have been stalled in Glendale Heights, Illinois for several days now.

8. Minnie1986

Minnie1986 Well-Known Member

Does anyone know about how long shipping takes? Today is the day that changes can no longer be made, so how long (approximately) might it take them to get to me?

9. venym

venym New Member

It used to 2 day Priority Mail but this is the first time I've had to wait this long. Mine were shipped 8/16 but the tracker isn't giving me much hope, lol. Estimated arrival 8/23. This is new for me. I missed the old days.

Minnie1986 likes this.
  10. Minnie1986

Thanks. Keep us posted when you do actually get them. I'm curious to see how long mine will take, once I get the actual shipping notification.

venym likes this.
  11. anchorman314

anchorman314 Well-Known Member

I'm not 100% positive, but I may not have even received a shipping notification this past April (for a May trip). Sometimes when I'm expecting a package that is being shipped by multiple carriers (like MagicBands are), it actually shows up at my house before any shipping status is updated.

venym likes this.
  12. Minnie1986

As Type A as I am, that would drive me nuts. Although, it would be a nice surprise. My biggest concern is that my mail carrier is the absolute worst, and I am afraid they may get misplaced, etc.

venym likes this.
  13. venym

venym New Member

So as of this morning I should receive it today. I had my first text saying that it would be Friday 8/25 but another text came through an hour later saying 8/22. I'll let you all know when I have them in hand. :)

So if they come today it would be about 7 days. 8/16-8/22. Geez. Either way I'm excited. Means it's getting closer.

Minnie1986 likes this.
  14. Minnie1986

Are you getting text alerts from the post office or Disney?

15. venym

venym New Member

Post office. Fingers crossed today is the day. Lol.

Minnie1986 likes this.
  16. Minnie1986

Fingers crossed for you!

17. venym

venym New Member

They have arrived. So it took about a week to receive.

worldofsounds and Minnie1986 like this.
  18. Minnie1986

Thanks for the update. Just got my shipping confirmation and tracking number. We'll see how it takes to receive mine. I'm assuming longer since I'm in the NorthEast.

19. Minnie1986

Got mine this afternoon!! Got the shipping notification on Wednesday and to my doorstep by Saturday. A drastic improvement over the two weeks for them to get to my local post office and then three hours I had to wait at said post office the last time I went to WDW in 2015.

Last edited: Aug 28, 2017