Magicband at The Swan and Dolphin resort

jody31

Original Poster
My family have just booked our next Disney vacation; staying at The Swan Hotel for 10 nights in January 2018
My question is , will my Disney tickets ( 14 day ultimate tickets ) take the form of the traditional passes or the Magicband ; bearing in mind It isn't a Disney hotel and I live in the UK
Also , our party consists of 8 people ; the youngest being Isabella and it will be her first trip to WDW . It will be her 3rd birthday half way through our vacation ; will that cause any complications for Fastpass + reservations considering you don't need Disney tickets if you are under 3 years old ( but you do when you are 3 years old)
Any helpful answers would be very much appreciated

Tuvalu

Premium Member
You will receive hard tickets. You may purchase MagicBands and link them to your tickets if you wish, but you can only use the bands for park admission and fastpass touch points so they aren't really necessary.

Do not worry about your daughter's birthday. Since she will be 2 when you begin your trip, she can be considered 2 for your entire trip and won't need admission. If you make a fastpasses for attractions she is tall enough to ride (like Peter Pan, for example), just carry her with you when your group enters the fastpass line.

sxeensweet

Love a little Disney every day!! ;)
You also can use the magic bands for photopass photos and the automatic ride photos and videos etc if you purchase some. :)

You can definitely by magic bands for each person in your party, although it might get a bit pricy for 7 people! If you don't want to spend the money your ticket media and fast passes will be linked to the plastic cards without any problems.

If you do choose to buy magic bands just remember that you cannot charge purchases to them. Some people are under the impression that you can link a credit card to the magic band and use that to make purchases. The charging capabilities are linked to the hotel, not the band itself.

fromheretothere

How was your trip? We're considering Swan for Jan 2019 with 8 and 11 year old. How was travel times to parks? Your room? We are considering King Alcove and have kids sleep on the sofa bed.

BoarderPhreak

How was your trip? We're considering Swan for Jan 2019 with 8 and 11 year old. How was travel times to parks? Your room? We are considering King Alcove and have kids sleep on the sofa bed.
I think if you used the search function (e.g. "swan") you'll find plenty of answers to your questions (rather than replying to a year old thread that has literally nothing to do with said questions). :)

fromheretothere

I think if you used the search function (e.g. "swan") you'll find plenty of answers to your questions (rather than replying to a year old thread that has literally nothing to do with said questions). :)
Yeah, I get that. I was asking Jody how HER trip was, since she went same month as we are and I'm asking her a direct question about travel times and her room. If I didn't use the proper reply function, my apologies.

BoarderPhreak

Yeah, I get that. I was asking Jody how HER trip was, since she went same month as we are and I'm asking her a direct question about travel times and her room. If I didn't use the proper reply function, my apologies.
Gotcha. FWIW, travel times to the parks is great; Epcot obviously is within walking distance. By bus, HS is closest followed by AK, then MK. Being quite centrally located, the Swan (and by extension, Dolphin, Boardwalk and Beach/Yacht Club resorts) is convenient. The rooms are rather spacious and fairly upscale, and the beds divine (or rather, "Heavenly" to use their parlance). I stayed there the end of November and will again beginning of May. It's a great resort; Moderate resort prices with Deluxe resort level accommodations. All they're lacking is the theming (but have their own unique vibe).

correcaminos

Gotcha. FWIW, travel times to the parks is great; Epcot obviously is within walking distance. By bus, HS is closest followed by AK, then MK. Being quite centrally located, the Swan (and by extension, Dolphin, Boardwalk and Beach/Yacht Club resorts) is convenient. The rooms are rather spacious and fairly upscale, and the beds divine (or rather, "Heavenly" to use their parlance). I stayed there the end of November and will again beginning of May. It's a great resort; Moderate resort prices with Deluxe resort level accommodations. All they're lacking is the theming (but have their own unique vibe).

From Swan you don't take the bus to DHS. You can either walk (go towards BWV area and take the path) or take a boat. We usually walked to Epcot but also done well by boat.

The Swan/Dolphin is my go to if not staying in a Disney hotel for the location and the service. While some say it lacks in theme, I personally love the resort and wish more Disney resorts were like it.

BoarderPhreak

From Swan you don't take the bus to DHS. You can either walk (go towards BWV area and take the path) or take a boat. We usually walked to Epcot but also done well by boat.

The Swan/Dolphin is my go to if not staying in a Disney hotel for the location and the service. While some say it lacks in theme, I personally love the resort and wish more Disney resorts were like it.
Ahh, true - there is that walkway. I don't recall if that was there in 2012 when I was last at the Swan... But I know I didn't go to DHS.

We too love the Swan. It's walking distance to the Boardwalk and Epcot cannot be understated, not to mention the value. Sure, the theming isn't "Disney" but it's got its own charm and is quite posh in its own right.

correcaminos

Ahh, true - there is that walkway. I don't recall if that was there in 2012 when I was last at the Swan... But I know I didn't go to DHS.

We too love the Swan. It's walking distance to the Boardwalk and Epcot cannot be understated, not to mention the value. Sure, the theming isn't "Disney" but it's got its own charm and is quite posh in its own right.

It's been there for many years. We've walked that path numerous times over the last 2 decades. Still the boat is likely a good option for DHS as well. Though depending on where the boat is we often just walk since it's faster to walk than to boat. It's good in bad weather though.

BoarderPhreak

It's been there for many years. We've walked that path numerous times over the last 2 decades. Still the boat is likely a good option for DHS as well. Though depending on where the boat is we often just walk since it's faster to walk than to boat. It's good in bad weather though.
Agreed... The boat is fun to do at least once (or if it's right there) but it's not for the impatient. I actually took it once to Epcot. Too many stops...

correcaminos

Agreed... The boat is fun to do at least once (or if it's right there) but it's not for the impatient. I actually took it once to Epcot. Too many stops...

When staying at BW or BC, we would get off at Swan if coming back from DHS. We saw the boat sitting there at the dock when we got off a bus coming from Sanaa at AK at one point and just walked the rest of the way. We beat the boat back without a question because of all the stops (we were nicely strolling along). Or if we missed the boat at BC or BW to DHS we'd just walk to the Swan/Dolphin to get on.

When it's raining it's nice to have though.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom