Magical Starlight Parade coming to Orlando?

TTA94

Original Poster
Today the official Universal Studios Orlando blog website posted that Universal Studios Japan's Magical Starlight parade would be coming to Orlando this summer! However the post was quickly removed from the website... Any truth to this?

Attachments

• msl.jpg
    msl.jpg
    112.2 KB · Views: 177

No Name

Yes, that means it's probably true, they just didn't intend to announce it yet. It is from the official blog site, yes? And someone did type that up, so I see no reason why there wouldn't be truth to this.

A slim possibility is that they made a truly last-minute decision to cancel that, but I highly doubt it. First scenario seems most likely. Why they decided to pull the article, I don't know. It had a mistake ("a part" written as "a part"), but I'm sure there's more to it.

Whatever the reason for it being pulled, I'm sure they're not happy or won't be happy to know that you caught it!

TTA94

Original Poster
Odd that some Universal cast haven't spilled the beans about this already... June isn't that far out, unless that's the reason they pulled the post due to an error in opening date?

SirLink

Possible not probable that Universal pulled the blog post as in the States doesn't have rights for Snoopy or Sesame Street, so they might be looking for either concept art or other shots that don't include those characters.

Disneyhead'71

Possible not probable that Universal pulled the blog post as in the States doesn't have rights for Snoopy or Sesame Street, so they might be looking for either concept art or other shots that don't include those characters.
Remember when the F&F announcement leaked and still had art from Hollywood's F&F? Two days later the exact same announcement posted but with the Orlando art. To me it looks like they were prepping the announcement and someone oopsed.

TTA94

Original Poster
So basically Universal is getting their version of Paint The Night lol. Hopefully this will bite WDW in the butt and they will finally realize how outdated MSEP is and ditch it!

SirLink

Remember when the F&F announcement leaked and still had art from Hollywood's F&F? Two days later the exact same announcement posted but with the Orlando art. To me it looks like they were prepping the announcement and someone oopsed.

Agreed also the theme park rights for some of the characters shown in that picture from Japan are just strange.

TTA94

Original Poster
I'm confused if they would be bringing over some of Japan's floats or build a duplicate of some floats and use Japan's music?

TTA94

Original Poster
If this is happening I would imagine it's been in production for awhile, at least the new floats. Universal sure has been keeping this quiet if June is a opening date. What's odd is I believe Magical Starlight is still running at USJ?

TTA94

Original Poster
I asked a couple people I know who work at Universal and they heard nothing about this. Surely if Summer was the opening date everyone would have heard about it by now. Shame :-(

brb1006

So basically Universal is getting their version of Paint The Night lol. Hopefully this will bite WDW in the butt and they will finally realize how outdated MSEP is and ditch it!
This could also mean that this can be a sign that Disney needs to create a brand new electrical parade.

jrhwdw

Kind of funny that I couldn't find MSP anywhere on USJ's website and found this thread a week after MSEP's announcement. Is this a dead deal? Or could USO still pull this out of their hat by year's end? the timing is almost too perfect! and that worries me..MSP is a good parade and no MSEP after10/9.......

Anyone know why in the world USJ would end MSP during their 15th?!?!? Is there a new night parade on the way?

Cmdr_Crimson

I'm confused if they would be bringing over some of Japan's floats or build a duplicate of some floats and use Japan's music?
I doubt it as many of the characters like Elmo & Snoopy can't be used as they are being used in other parks such as Busch Gardens and the Cedar Fair parks.
main_v.png

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom