Magical Moments Pins

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Last time I went to Disney World in 2000 I became slightly:lookaroun obsessed with Pin collecting. I leave for Florida this weekend and i am interested to know much the Magical Moments Pins are selling for????? Does anyone know? Also what events or rides set the lights off????

Sorry if this has been posted b4!
Look forward to any replies

*only 4 days to go*
"Its time to remember the magic!"

:sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy: :hammer:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by disneyfan123
Last time I went to Disney World in 2000 I became slightly:lookaroun obsessed with Pin collecting. I leave for Florida this weekend and i am interested to know much the Magical Moments Pins are selling for????? Does anyone know? Also what events or rides set the lights off????

Sorry if this has been posted b4!
Look forward to any replies

*only 4 days to go*
"Its time to remember the magic!"

:sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy: :hammer:

15 a piece...kinda pricey but if you're like me...(easily amused) they're worth it...because they interact with a lot of the attractions and all of the parades. (El Rio de Tiempo is a great one!)

WDWFREAK53

List of attractions...

Well, they interact with all of the "Discover the Stories Behind the Magic" kiosks

El Rio de Tiempo
Test Track
Peter Pan
Pirates (I think)
Haunted Mansion (I think)
Great Movie Ride
Tower of Terror (I think)
One Man's Dream

Like I said before...all of the parades... (the first and last float of all of the parades)

I know I am missing some though...
(just get them and "find out" for yourself...it's the "fun" of them :) )

disneyfan123

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. $15 is a bit pricey but i am sure they are worth it!!!!!! There is a pin for each park is that right??????

*only 4 days to go*
"Its time to remember the magic..."
:hammer: :sohappy: :hammer: :sohappy:

jutz53

THE PINS ARE $15.00 EACH. WE WERE THERE IN MAY AND EACH PIN LIGHTS UP WITH DIFFERENT COLORS DURING THE PARADES. SOME LIGHT MORE THAN OTHERS. THE LIGHTS BLINK OFF AND ON. THEY ALSO LIGHT UP DURING ATTRACTIONS. MK & MGM'S REALLY LIGHT UP. HAVE A GREAT TRIP.:)

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by jutz53
THE PINS ARE $15.00 EACH. WE WERE THERE IN MAY AND EACH PIN LIGHTS UP WITH DIFFERENT COLORS DURING THE PARADES. SOME LIGHT MORE THAN OTHERS. THE LIGHTS BLINK OFF AND ON. THEY ALSO LIGHT UP DURING ATTRACTIONS. MK & MGM'S REALLY LIGHT UP. HAVE A GREAT TRIP.:)

actually...they all light up the same...but sometimes the censors don't catch each pin...it's not that some light up more.

There are 5 all together...

one for each park and then a "main" 100 years celebration pin.

They are pricey though...but you gotta figure this...it's for one year...and it's just ONE MORE THING to add to the attractions.

DisneyGal

I bought each of the pins, ther are 5 in total, one for each of the parks and one for the one hundred years celebration. Yes, they are pricey, but they are worth it for the interaction with the rides while you are there.

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by DisneyGal
I bought each of the pins, ther are 5 in total, one for each of the parks and one for the one hundred years celebration. Yes, they are pricey, but they are worth it for the interaction with the rides while you are there.

Remember the people on the El Rio de Tiempo ride...(the people eating) ...I've never seen anybody SOOOO interested in looking at 40 blinking red lights before...

DanStat

Actually, they are $15.09 each. ;)

The batteries run down very quickly, but they do give you an extra set.

I have all except EPCOT...my sister has the MGM-Studios but I need one for myself.

I love them! They're great! :sohappy:

WDWFREAK53

Originally posted by disneyprep50321

I have all except EPCOT...my sister has the MGM-Studios but I need one for myself.

YES, the batteries do wear out REALLY quick...the batteries IN the pins (not including the extra set) will run out before your week is up. (and you need a screwdriver to replace the pins)

TinkerBell9988

The batteries run out super-quick... I hate that!!!! But, they are worth it... They light up at most of the popular attractions in the parks. They also light up if you rub your hand on them...

s25843

Originally posted by disneyprep50321

$16 including the 6% FL Tax

krazyjon

I mentioned this in another thread, but I found a site that sells the batteries very cheap. They run out FAST, and are quite pricy as well. I'm not sure how much they are at the parks, but saw them for $3.99 a pop at Target. You can get them on-line for $.74 apiece. I'll be glad to share the site, if anyone would like it.
By the way, the pins really are very neat.

RobFL

Account Suspended
Once, in a hurry, i went to radioshak and splurged on batteries for the pins before i went to the parks.

I got some lithium batteries and they lasted for ever by cost almost as much as the pins. I think i got 3 weeks out of them.

-Rob

foxfire

Disney just sent me replacement #4 for two of the pins...they work great and then just stop for some reason...I'm "Retiring" them in 2003 (not buying any more replacement batteries)

wdw100

Don't you think the pins should go off during the Universe of Energy ride at Epcot.

Batteries = energy ?????:veryconfu

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom