Magical Express

rwarren

I am not sure if this is the best forum to post this but I will take a chance.

I am running the Wine and Dine in November. I decided to run kind of last minute, even though it is still 2 months away. My wife is going as well, but not running. I was unable to find reasonably priced resort rooms so I booked Pop Century through a Disney TA. I am a AP holder but wife is not. The deal with the resort room was a minimum 2 day park hopper pass. I actually purchased a 3 day park hopper with the room since my wife will need park tickets. The resort reservation is showing in My Disney Experience and I was able to link the park tickets to my wife's My Disney Experience. After completing the booking and getting the confirmations, I asked the TA about Magical Express. They said I could use it but my wife could not use it from the airport to the resort. They said due to the ticket requirements, she was not on the reservation but I can add her at check-in. Then she would be able to use Magical Express to return to the airport.

Is there anyway around this? I am going to call Disney but I guess I am assuming they will say no. Is it possible to say, book Magical Express for me with 2 bags and then just have my wife get on the bus? It has been over a year since I used Magical Express but I do not remember them checking anything to get on the bus. Maybe they did and I do not remember.

It is not a deal breaker, I would just rather do Magical Express versus finding a shuttle or Uber/Lyft. Again, I plan on contacting Disney to see if there is a way to add my wife to the reservation now. Seems odd that they would do it at check-in but not now.

Thanks,

Richard

DisneyJoe

Sounds like the TA booked a package for you and left your wife off of that package reservation because if she was added, she would need to have the same package components as you. (was it a running package?) In other words, she cannot use DME because she is not on the reservation.

If your wife isn't listed on the reservation, she cannot use Magical Express.

If you add her to the reservation and get her the tickets, she could save the tickets for a future trip.

Upvote 0

rwarren

Original Poster
Thanks for the reply. So how does that work "adding" her to the reservation when we arrive? This was not a running package. My race entries were purchased through RunDisney/Active. We will probably not need park tickets any time soon. I assume they expire at some point if they are unused.

Upvote 0

DisneyJoe

Thanks for the reply. So how does that work "adding" her to the reservation when we arrive? This was not a running package. My race entries were purchased through RunDisney/Active. We will probably not need park tickets any time soon. I assume they expire at some point if they are unused.
When you get to the resort and check in at the front desk, ask to add her to the reservation. Mention Magical Express then if you want to use it on the return to MCO.

Upvote 0

ottbMom

If there is availability, I would cancel the package and rebook room only. There is availability at the values for the Magical offer room only in mid November, not sure of your dates. Then just buy her a ticket through Undercover Tourist and save some dough.

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom