Magical Express???

crxbrett

It's been almost 10 years since I have been to WDW so things may have changed but do you need physical boarding passes or our e-passes on a cellphone acceptable?

Tuvalu

Premium Member
It's been almost 10 years since I have been to WDW so things may have changed but do you need physical boarding passes or our e-passes on a cellphone acceptable?
If you are referring to using Disney's Magical Express bus service you need to request it before you arrive at the airport ~ either by using the online form mentioned earlier in this thread or by calling Disney. When you arrive you will tap your MagicBand in order to board the bus. If you elect to use the bus on your departure day, you will receive a pick up time notice the day before you check out and you will give this letter to the bus driver before boarding the bus back to the airport.

Tyaloo

Also, if you don't live in the US, and will only receive your magic bands when you check in to your Disney resort, you must bring the booklet Disney mails to your home. That is considered your boarding pass (the booklet has a bar code that they will scan when you arrive at the Magical Express counter at MCO).

cdeev8690

I love DME, except when your flight leaving MCO is so early that DME will not check your bags for you. I will admit that this isn't the biggest deal because if you're getting to the airport at 5:30 in the morning, you likely aren't seeing much of any lines for baggage check anyway. Honestly, it's worth it just to avoid having to wait at baggage check when you arrive at MCO for your vacation.

nickys

Premium Member
Also, if you don't live in the US, and will only receive your magic bands when you check in to your Disney resort, you must bring the booklet Disney mails to your home. That is considered your boarding pass (the booklet has a bar code that they will scan when you arrive at the Magical Express counter at MCO).

Not strictly true! I know because I left all our printed stuff at home .... oops. By the time my DH had found the email confirmation of our stay, they had found our booking using their iPad. No problem at all.

In any case we don't get anything from Disney, they don't mail anything out at all. Not sure if that's because we're DVC, but everything is just email. Not even the planning DVD anymore :( (which we used to get from the uk site).

Tyaloo

Not strictly true! I know because I left all our printed stuff at home .... oops. By the time my DH had found the email confirmation of our stay, they had found our booking using their iPad. No problem at all.

In any case we don't get anything from Disney, they don't mail anything out at all. Not sure if that's because we're DVC, but everything is just email. Not even the planning DVD anymore :( (which we used to get from the uk site).

Interesting! We aren't DVC, and we still get stuff in the mail from Disney. Yes, you're right, if you don't bring your booklet, you can check in at the counter and get them to look you up - but it slows ya down! lol It's just much easier if you have that booklet :).

nickys

Premium Member
Interesting! We aren't DVC, and we still get stuff in the mail from Disney. Yes, you're right, if you don't bring your booklet, you can check in at the counter and get them to look you up - but it slows ya down! lol It's just much easier if you have that booklet :).

It slowed us down by ooh, 5 minutes!! We didn't get anything mailed out to us by Disney even when we booked through Virgin before we joined DVC though. We did however have some documents but it was all from the TA. Do you book a package or at least room through the uk site? Maybe that's how you get stuff.

Now we just don't get anything anymore. Just confirmation emails, and in fact absolutely nothing about DME. It doesn't even show on our itinerary.

Tyaloo

It slowed us down by ooh, 5 minutes!! We didn't get anything mailed out to us by Disney even when we booked through Virgin before we joined DVC though. We did however have some documents but it was all from the TA. Do you book a package or at least room through the uk site? Maybe that's how you get stuff.

Now we just don't get anything anymore. Just confirmation emails, and in fact absolutely nothing about DME. It doesn't even show on our itinerary.

No, we book through the Disney website :) we're from Canada eh lol

nickys

Premium Member
No, we book through the Disney website :) we're from Canada eh lol

I think it might be that they don't physically mail to the UK. Certainly none of my friends, whether DVC or not, have received booklets or anything direct from Disney. :( Just penny pinching perhaps :D

Tyaloo

I think it might be that they don't physically mail to the UK. Certainly none of my friends, whether DVC or not, have received booklets or anything direct from Disney. :( Just penny pinching perhaps :D
Yes, it very well could be that! Gotta tighten those purse strings lol

crxbrett

If you are referring to using Disney's Magical Express bus service you need to request it before you arrive at the airport ~ either by using the online form mentioned earlier in this thread or by calling Disney. When you arrive you will tap your MagicBand in order to board the bus. If you elect to use the bus on your departure day, you will receive a pick up time notice the day before you check out and you will give this letter to the bus driver before boarding the bus back to the airport.

Thanks. Yes, I already set it up when I booked my trip. But I thought I had read somewhere that they still only accepted paper boarding passes on the ME. So my MagicBand is all I need once I go down to the ME area in MCO, correct?

nickys

Premium Member
I'm from Brazil and I got no booklet through the mail. Could I just print the email confirmation?

If you got an email confirmation, then yes. Otherwise just have your reservation number handy.

As we're DVC and in the UK, we get neither bands, a booklet or an email. We just give them our reservation no. and they print out a pass.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom