1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Magical Express Wait Time

Discussion in 'Ground & Air Transportation' started by Mista C, Oct 28, 2016.

1. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

We arrive the day after Thanksgiving. Hoping that maybe it's a non travel day for a lot of people.

2. Weather_Lady

Weather_Lady Well-Known Member

I'm afraid that from what I've read, Disney World will be absolutely slammed that day. The good news is that it's expected, so the buses and staffing will likely have been increased appropriately. In my experience, Disney transportation (both DME and on-property) sometimes runs MORE smoothly when there are higher crowds anticipated. I've seen the worst waits at lower crowd times of year, when a small unexpected bump in crowd levels can more easily overwhelm the skeleton crew on staff...

HurricaneHanna and RememberWhen like this.
  3. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

I'm hoping that most will already have arrived prior to Thanksgiving! Maybe it's wishful thinking :( I guess I'll download the Uber app just in case.

Weather_Lady likes this.
  4. HurricaneHanna

HurricaneHanna Well-Known Member

It varies so much. I always plan 2 hours from gate to resort just in case (when considering ADRs etc). We used DME 3 times this year and 3 times in 2015. Twice it did take 2 hours. The first of those looked like the pic @Tuvalu posted. The second time it took two hours, we boarded a bus immediately, which left immediately, but then had to divert all over Orlando TWICE because accidents were blocking our way. The other 4 trips have varied from 45 minutes to just over an hour. In general it's actually fastest if you're put on an already almost full bus because those leave right away. The first time we boarded an empty bus I thought it was great because we had our pick of where we sat, but then we waited forever while the bus filled, so in actuality not so great :( Also keep in mind that depending on where you're going your bus will likely make other stops. For example, we usually stay at either Yacht Club or Beach Club so we always have to stop at Caribbean Beach and Boardwalk Inn first.

Tuvalu likes this.
  5. HurricaneHanna

HurricaneHanna Well-Known Member

I'm glad to know this. I've wanted to bail from DME a couple of times but wasn't sure how it would affect our luggage.

Tuvalu likes this.
  6. Ralphlaw

Ralphlaw Well-Known Member

To make everyone feel better, we've never waited more than 15 minutes. Usually we arrive either very early morning or very late at night. Nevertheless, a wait of an hour or more, and I'm calling uber, a taxi, or renting a car. I don't go on vacation to spend undue time waiting for a bus.

21stamps likes this.
  7. rob45

rob45 Well-Known Member

our wait was @ 2 hours also