Magical Express vs. Car

noname70

Original Poster
(*note -I've already researched the car v. Disney transportation system threads but...)

My question is simply, for those who have normally driven/rented in the past; did you find DME more or less enjoyable? More or less of a hassle? If money wasn't the issue would you rather drive yourself in straight to the resort or let DME take car of it all.

CAPTAIN HOOK

Its far easier to let someone else do the driving BUT when we're away we like to see other parts of Orlando so we would take the hire car option every time

righttrack

I think I said it in another thread, but I'll say it here as well. A trip to the local grocery store for water/snacks etc. can save quite a bit of $$$. We use our rental car very little, but the few times we do use it, its invaluable.

BRER STITCH

Magical Express ROCKS! :sohappy:

We used it in July and it was GREAT!

ALSO:

Magical Express......FREE!

Rental Car.............NOT FREE!

:D

Tigger1988

Rental car all the way, waiting for buses all the time...its not worth it. Plus a quick trip to Goodings to pick up a case of waterbottles...rather than paying $4 bucks for one in the park. Its so much easier than without a rental.

tigger1968

DME is the best thing out there, IMO. My wife and I just came back from a quick weekend trip, and let's face it....you just can't beat a free ride to WDW. And since we just buy two bottles of water, and refill them every night and keep in our fridge every trip, no need for that. For us, the difference in buying the snacks and whatever else we might get at a grocery store is far less than the cost of a rental car. And for us, we find that the wait for a bus is still far less hassle than driving to a park and taking a tram. Same for leaving a park. Its nice to just hop on a bus and go. I suppose it all depends on your needs, though. :animwink:

gboiler1

Tigger1988 said:
Rental car all the way, waiting for buses all the time...its not worth it. Plus a quick trip to Goodings to pick up a case of waterbottles...rather than paying $4 bucks for one in the park. Its so much easier than without a rental.

We'd rather do the limo option. Let someone who knows where they are going drive and use Disney Transportation.

Here's my question. We are using Quicksilver and the grocery stop, but is it any hassle taking water bottles into the parks?

righttrack

gboiler1 said:
We'd rather do the limo option. Let someone who knows where they are going drive and use Disney Transportation.

Here's my question. We are using Quicksilver and the grocery stop, but is it any hassle taking water bottles into the parks?

Its my understanding that officially, you can take one, unopened water bottle into the park, per person. I've seen people toting coolers though. Should not be a problem.

Tigger1988

gboiler1 said:

you should have zero problems with waterbottles. We always go to Goodings and stock up and put them in our fridge (we stay at Old Key West which has the full kicthen) and bring them with us to the parks

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom