Magical Express baggage delivery

JS514

Original Poster
This may be the wrong forum to post this in, if so I apologize. Feel free to redirect to the correct place.

That said, I have a trip coming up. We always fly into MCO and use magical express to get to the resort, as well as have them deliver our bags to our rooms.

Of course, it usually takes a few hours to get the luggage to the room. We always have landed midday in the past, but this year, our flight doesn't land until 10:30pm, so we will basically just take the DME to the room and go to bed. Obviously we will need the brunt of our things in the early morning, so we can't just throw the immediate necessaties in our carry on like we usually do. How will that work with our flight being so late? Will they just deliver the luggage in the morning?

I think I read somewhere that I can opt to take the luggage on the DME instead of them getting it for us at baggage claim...but we usually take two large suitcases, and there isn't just a plethora of space on the bus, so will that be a problem?

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
If your flight arrives after 10PM you will have to retrieve your luggage yourselves anyway. That's been the expectation for a while now.

ETA: They no longer deliver for any flight that arrives after 10.

JS514

Original Poster
If your flight arrives after 10PM you will have to retrieve your luggage yourselves anyway. That's been the expectation for a while now.

ETA: They no longer deliver for any flight that arrives after 10.

Ahhh gotcha. Makes sense. Thank you!

MickeyMomV

AAARRRGH!!! Flashbacks!! When we last stayed at Coronado Springs we flew in at 10:15 so it was just after 11 when we got to our hotel. They put us back in the Rancho's, top floor of 7A. So at 11:00 at night we are lugging 3 large suitcases literally across the whole resort. Thinking about it now we were the only ones that came in on our bus, a simple "if you want to head to your room we will have somebody meet you there with your luggage" would have been nice. Oh well, at least we got to wake up in the bubble. If I remember correctly we came in late because the flight the next morning would have cost an extra $375. So the $250 for the extra hotel night and being in Disney when we woke up was well worth the hassle.

JS514

Original Poster
AAARRRGH!!! Flashbacks!! When we last stayed at Coronado Springs we flew in at 10:15 so it was just after 11 when we got to our hotel. They put us back in the Rancho's, top floor of 7A. So at 11:00 at night we are lugging 3 large suitcases literally across the whole resort. Thinking about it now we were the only ones that came in on our bus, a simple "if you want to head to your room we will have somebody meet you there with your luggage" would have been nice. Oh well, at least we got to wake up in the bubble. If I remember correctly we came in late because the flight the next morning would have cost an extra $375. So the $250 for the extra hotel night and being in Disney when we woke up was well worth the hassle.

We are staying at CSR, so we may have a similar dilemma:banghead: I told them when I booked that I preferred to be anywhere other than Ranchos, even if that meant in the cabanas next to construction....of course there is no guarantee they will be able to do that, but here's to hoping! Ha!

MickeyMomV

We are staying at CSR, so we may have a similar dilemma:banghead: I told them when I booked that I preferred to be anywhere other than Ranchos, even if that meant in the cabanas next to construction....of course there is no guarantee they will be able to do that, but here's to hoping! Ha!
I'll keep my fingers crosses for you! and if you do end up back there I would see if they can help with the luggage. I don't think those little wheels are meant to travel that far on those sidewalks.

MickeyMomV

They have always helped us with golf carts at CSR
To the cast members defense she said it was a "short walk" and we didn't question it. If we were paying a little closer attention we would have noticed how far it was and asked if there was a shuttle. On the map it does looked close but in reality its gotta be close to 1/2-3/4 mile if not further. Looking back I think we would have paid the extra for a preferred room to be close to the main building. The other draw back for us is that it was cold while we were there so they never opened up the Dig Site so for any food or beverages we had walk all of the way back up front. Needless to say we spent a small fortune at the Coke machine out side our door.
In all reality these are the only drawbacks to the stay. Everybody there was super nice, the resort was clean, we good had food at the food court and the restaurant, and the people in the store were always fun to talk to. It was our first time staying at CSR since our honeymoon so it was fun to point out changes to our DS.

On a side note I have to smile at one interaction with the concierge. We were at AK for the day and had lunch while were there. Flame Tree was going through a referb so we ate at a cart that was selling FT BBQ during the remodel. They were having issues with the payment system and claimed everything went through correctly. When we got back to the hotel I had them print up a list of dining credits. Well the cart never actually charged our credits and nothing was charged to our room. I brought it to the attention of the concierge and he told me "well we can do 1 of 2 things. #1. I can go in and manually deduct the credits from your plan or #2. we can forget we even had this conversation and you can go back to enjoying your trip with a couple of extra credits". We just smiled, said thank you, and went on our way. :)

carriebeth

lugging 3 large suitcases literally across the whole resort

Reminds me of when we stayed at CSR. They were really delaying in getting our rooms ready for us. After hours of waiting, When they finally had them ready for some unknown reason my husband decided we didn't want to wait for our luggage to be delivered and instead we would haul them ourselves. After having a 6 a.m. flight (being to the airport by 4 a.m.) the kids were getting a bit tired as it was now dinner time. So we have 8 children. Like 12 large suitcases. I am carrying a newborn and a toddler. I have every carryon and smaller bag hanging off my body. The preschoolers had to pitch in and wheel suitcases that were bigger than themselves as well. Our room was about as far as you could get. The little ones just could not control the suitcases and they were falling over and tipping. My husband was like zoom out of there and I am trying to upright suitcase after suitcase while my hands are full. Trudging threw the heat and bright sun. Kids being reduced to tears. My neck rubbed raw from heavy bag straps rubbing. Dripping in sweat. It was insane

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom