MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

DLRP NEWS

An event with fan should take place in DLP in December about the future
For the first time the brochure announce a long period of closure for Star Tours, Peter Pan Flight, Animagique and Small World ! They will be renewed/updated soon !

The Empress Lilly

An event with fan should take place in DLP in December about the future
For the first time the brochure announce a long period of closure for Star Tours, Peter Pan Flight, Animagique and Small World ! They will be renewed/updated soon !
Awesome!

You know, I rather enjoy DLP having the original Star Tours. This way I get to enjoy ST2 in WDW and ST1 in DLP. I also fear for the addition of Disney characters in Small World. Otherwise, exciting times ahead!

Onwards and upwards for DLP, while EPCOT is being destroyed by chainsaws, princesses and drunks.

Last edited:

The Empress Lilly

DLPs latest promotional videos feature...no kids. Whatsoever. Disney as an adult experience. Instead of the exlusive domain of a seven year old special snowflake in princess dress. Fantastic.

Surprise romantic weekend getaway to DLP with Jen!
amour5.gif

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Awesome!

You know, I rather enjoy DLP having the original Star Tours. This way I get to enjoy ST2 in WDW and ST1 in DLP. I also fear for the addition of Disney characters in Small World. Otherwise, exciting times ahead!

Onwards and upwards for DLP, while EPCOT is being destroyed by chainsaws, princesses and drunks.

"Drunk Princesses with Chainsaws" sounds like an amusing attraction.

DLRP NEWS

From the latest news :
- Update of Space Mountain from 12th january to end june
- Refurb of Cafe Hyperion and Videopolis from 12th january to june
- Summer 2015 : Show Frozen at Chapparal Theater, work continue in the stage :
10711010.jpg

- Jedi Training Academy at Videopolis during summer 2015
- September : Update of Small World, all dolls renewed
- November : Major refurb of Davy Crocket Ranch hotel + end of the refurb of Newport Bay Club hotel

HolleBolleGijs

Chez Marianne (the Ratatouille shop) will open on Nov. 26th for CM and AP preview, and Nov 28th to the public.

Also, I think Hakuna Matata and/or Fuente del Oro will be closing after Nov. 2nd, after the school vacation ends, but I'm not sure if that's a regular thing or not.

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
A few things from my trip yesterday.

I went on the Molly Brown, and it (she?) is in substantially better condition than the Mark Twain. That being said, there was something that truly appalled me during the ride: what I can only guess is an animatronic figure in a body bag. I have no idea what that used to be, but it actually made me really sad.
SFg2gJ9.jpg

Also, this maintenance area that is clearly visible:

V4SUNlR.jpg

Mr. Moose could use a good cleaning.

One thing that irked me was the English pronunciation of "Maleficent" when they announced the villains cavalcade. I could have sworn they said "Malefficient." Twice. But on the other hand, they do their villains well. Gaston is spectacular as usual, and I love the fact that they have Frollo.

(I was going to add a few more pictures, but my ethernet cord decided to conk out on me, and my neighbors' wifi networks aren't strong enough to upload photos :/ )

Cabin is now being cleaned and fixed up, as reported by parcorama on twitter:

B1HERyyCUAAwIGw.jpg:large

Animaniac93-98

Original Poster
Chez Marianne (the Ratatouille shop) will open on Nov. 26th for CM and AP preview, and Nov 28th to the public.

Also, I think Hakuna Matata and/or Fuente del Oro will be closing after Nov. 2nd, after the school vacation ends, but I'm not sure if that's a regular thing or not.

Restaurant hours change on a seasonal or weekday vs weekend basis.

Here are the park restaurant hours for Oct/Nov/Dec (as posted on Magic Forum):

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet...-R_gk16S-mLzBGPLIZlc/edit?pli=1#gid=537923943

Trekkie101

January's park hours released.

Dual park EMH, big increase in EMH hours vs last year, overall 5% increase in operating hours. Less Disneyland Parc, more WDS hours.

The Rat seems to be evening the load out, potential for WDS to move up to top 10 slot in rankings for 2015?

CSUFSteve

I think that Disney raising its stake for DLP is the best thing that could happen to it. It's SUCH a beautiful Park, and deserves so much better. DLP was saddled with so much debt from its inception, with everyone patting the money-men on the back for devising such a complex financial structure.

With royalty payments to Disney out of the way, and debt restructuring, this should free up Euro Disney significantly, to re-invest in the Resort's core assets. For those who've followed its history, it's ironic to me that Euro Disney spent quite a sum to restore the Park's show-quality and infrastructure what, 10 years or so after its opening? For them to have to do this again is a little heart-breaking. I truly believe this might've been the Disneyland Walt built had he had the money. I've always told friends that there's so much "Disneyland" at its heart.

I see that it's happening already, but I truly believe that corporate Disney will ensure show standards live-on, in-line with the US parks. It was sad to see the state of some things in Alain's more recent updates. Say what you will about corporate's frugality, but we no longer see things like that since the Pressler-Harriss era.

I can't wait to see Ratatouille next summer, but I fully believe corporate will announce a major E-ticket for Disneyland itself, too.

HolleBolleGijs

Just got back from a day at the park, and I really hope Buzz gets a decent refurb soon. I know it just reopened from a short (10 day-ish) closure, but nothing really changed from a guest standpoint. The same targets still don't work, and the cars look...terrible. I tried to come up with a clever analogy for that, but I couldn't, they're THAT bad (I didn't get any pics because I take my Buzz seriously).

peep

^I noticed the cars were really bad during my Halloween trip, so many were out of action. Kinda expected them to look into fixing that during the latest closure, clearly not. I would have said they usually have a major overhaul in Jan/Feb time but with Space Mountain and the Hyperion closed for 6 months from Jan I can't really see them doing a major refurb on anything else in Discoveryland during that period.

HolleBolleGijs

According to pixiedust.be the Frozen M&G will be moving to Frontierland, which makes sense considering that 1) the sing-along will be in the Chaparral next summer, and 2) that place is dead (although nice if you want some quiet time to relax!). I could even see them having a Wandering Oaken's there; add some fake snow and it works!

This is still a rumor though at this point, though!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom