MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

Stevie Amsterdam

Although I support any kind of growth at DLP, I can't help but think why on earth would the resort need more hotel rooms? Are the other hotels at maximum capacity, or - wishful thinking - could this be the interlude to a 3rd gate? ;)

AndyS2992

Although I support any kind of growth at DLP, I can't help but think why on earth would the resort need more hotel rooms? Are the other hotels at maximum capacity, or - wishful thinking - could this be the interlude to a 3rd gate? ;)
Disney is contractually obliged to build 18,200 hotel rooms and three theme parks by 2030 (originally 2017) as dictated by the government of France. They only have two parks and 5,800 hotel rooms at current so need to get a move on lol

Last edited:

cjkeating

Disney is contractually obliged to build 18,200 hotel rooms and three theme parks by 2030 (originally 2017) as dictated by the government of France. They only have two parks and 5,800 hotel rooms at current so need to get a move on lol

Does include 3rd party hotels in Val D'Europe?

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I'm not sure, I guess it would.

I'm sure @marni1971 might know.
I'm not sure. But they are bringing forward plans for a seventh Disney resort south east of Sequoia, and the land is still waiting on the lake between Newport and the Village for another (originally New Orleans themed).

I also believe Villages Nature is part of the allotment of rooms.

dagobert

I'm not sure. But they are bringing forward plans for a seventh Disney resort south east of Sequoia, and the land is still waiting on the lake between Newport and the Village for another (originally New Orleans themed).

I also believe Villages Nature is part of the allotment of rooms.

According to Tony Baxter a Las Vegas themed hotel designed by Robert Venturi was planned for the lot between Disney Village and NPBC. That hotel was scrapped for the Disneyland Hotel at the entrance. Did WDI plan the New Orleans later in DLP's timeline?

I would love to see a New Orleans hotel, but given Disney's obsession with characters I doubt that, especially since they added Cars to the Santa Fe hotel. I would also be happy with a clone of HKDL's Hollywood Hotel, because it also fits the American theme of the existing DLP hotels.

The new hotel you mentioned next to the Sequoia and Santa Fe hotels looks a lot like the All Star and Pop Century hotels in Florida. Hopefully the theming will be different, if the hotel is actually coming.

FigmentForver96

So another site is saying a trusted insider for Disneyland Paris claims a nighttime projection show is coming to WDS this Christmas season? Projections will take place on the ToT and only be during peak times.

Any truth to this???

Stevie Amsterdam

So another site is saying a trusted insider for Disneyland Paris claims a nighttime projection show is coming to WDS this Christmas season? Projections will take place on the ToT and only be during peak times.

Any truth to this???

If it's anything like the grand opening of ToT in 2008 we are in for a treat! Here's a video of it; it comes in two parts and the quality is not what we're used to today but it's still a great watch. Considering this was 8 years ago, I can only imagine what it would be like with today's technology. I very much like the fact that they used real actors as well, in addition to 'just' the projection mapping and fireworks :)

peep

Any truth to this???

Probably, ED92 tends to be quite a reliable source. Seems to be suggesting that it'll mainly be used for special events? Apparently they'll be a Tony Stark themed event for a few nights etc too. I look forward to hearing more, the Studios has been crying out for some night-time entertainment for so long.

marni1971

Park History nut
Premium Member
I was lucky to have been at the 2008 press opening. It looked spectacular back when projection mapping wasn't commonplace.

Today the building is the obvious choice for a projection show. It just has to match the theme. Start Wars or Iron Man it isn't.

There's also the recent site prep for what's hopefully the studios west expansion. This should tie in with the train station and route being pushed back.

BrianLo

There's also the recent site prep for what's hopefully the studios west expansion. This should tie in with the train station and route being pushed back.

I'm confused. Do you mean the backlot tour's station? Which part of the West side are they prepping?

deix15x8

That Tower of Terror projection show was really cool. It's nice to see something a bit more mature and different from the traditional shows. If you remove the fireworks at the end that are more for the opening than the show, skip the street performers, and replace the surface level pyrotechnics with projections and flash bulbs (the two elevator explosions would likely have to remain) they could make it a simple, cheap, and automated projection show. Modern Disney shows are designed to be mostly press play and let them run. The pyro is where people have to reset the show before each run so a pure projection show could be operated at very low costs and in any weather conditions.

Going to Paris in October for the first time I can't speak to this resort in particular, but in both Disneyland and World the current Disney night shows share the same trait of taking over the park and the night. People tend to arrive over an hour early to wait for the show. It disrupts the operations of the park, and you only have one show. Disneyland's new show has several different experiences depending on where you are in the park but it's still just one show and your still stuck waiting for over an hour to have a good spot to see it anywhere.

What if instead of one night show that shows once or twice, they had several shows that showed all night long. Each one could have a different style and take over a different area of the park. If they last 10-15 minutes each they could be staggered to show in English and French so that guests could move around the park throughout the night to see each show, or spread the shows across different nights. By having more than one it also gives the opportunity to have different styles to each show that appeal to different people and ages. They could bring back that same Tower of Terror show with some tweaks to play in that area. Take over the Ratatouille area with a black and white Paris projection show. A night on the town with Mickey and Minnie could be a cool show for there. They could also do a music based show in the Rock'n Rollercoaster area and a film based one on the Studio 1 area. Multiple smaller projection shows could be the low cost high impact solution to draw more attention to the park for the night, every night.

JDL30

Catherine Powell is to take the lead as President of Disneyland Paris - replacing Tom Wolber. Tom is going back to the US to oversee the cruise line - mixed feelings about this. Thought that Tom has done a lot of good for the resort - he always came across as sincere (for a Disney Exec) and made a lot of positive changes. Catherine looks like she's built from the same stock - fingers crossed she's as good, if not better.

The US parks could really do with Tom

http://corporate.disneylandparis.co...uk-2016-04-12-Catherine-Powell-nomination.pdf

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom