MAGICal DLP News, Rumours & Thoughts

FigmentForver96

Today is the annual shareholders meeting at DLPR - if you're interested in following what's been said this guy is a pretty good resource on Twtter

https://twitter.com/keiko315

Tom Wolber seems to be handling it well - quite an honest Exec who is dealing with difficult questions very well (honesty rather than platitudes). Interesting question about the 3rd gate, for which he replied that DLPR must ensure the Studios Park becomes a full day experience. Hopefully means lots of investment coming (indeed investment and guest experience seem to be the two biggest buzzwords from the whole event).
I imagine if parks in the states are seeing cuts, then Paris is going to be cutting back as well. Who knows maybe they will surprise us and things will turn around.

Daveeeeed

I imagine if parks in the states are seeing cuts, then Paris is going to be cutting back as well. Who knows maybe they will surprise us and things will turn around.
Disney World's staff is overall much more friendly. I would not be at all sad to see them cutting the worst employees from the company. Also they should try to hire more bilingual employees as the UK is right next store, and many German, and Spanish speakers like myself could really benefit from this. We literally arrive for parking and the person there only knew French and you could tell was rude all around. What they should do is put money into maintenance of the park. The restrooms stink like the worst thing you've ever smelt, and they also need to relandscape the entire Walt Disney Studios parka long with another new land, but if they get rid of or heavily alter the backlot tour they could expand the entrance street much further upwards in the center to the far back of the park in areas not yet even used and then in the back have marvel as the park needs some great Main Street. Themed to Hollywood like Hollywood studios. They could get rid of cars race rally and the magic carpets, and then put some new shops a new ride and restaraunt there. Maybe a monsters inc dark ride, so the entire east side would be themed to Pixar. West side could be themed to hollywood with the rock n' rollercoaster etc. toy story Playland could be updated along with toy story midway mania. I think I will just draw a map tomorrow of what I think should happen haha.

Daveeeeed

Question for a trip for my family and I to the Disneyland Paris Hotel.
So we stayed at the Newport Bay Club in 2013, and we enjoyed ourselves except the hotel was badly outdated.
We went inside the Disneyland hotel, and it seemed nice, but a bit dated too.
Is the Disneyland hotel comparable with the grand Floridian on an updated scale for the rooms? Is there a separate entrance? Is the pool free? Will Ratatouille & Big Thunder be open this late May? What do people wear at that time of year in Paris for Disneyland Paris? Are the waits high?
Thank you so much if anyone reading this even has the time to even answer one or two of these questions. My dad particularly very much so wants to stay at the Disneyland Hotel as it's been a dream of his, but he just wants to make sure it is at least comparable with the grand Floridian. I've heard that it has much better upkeep than the other hotels now.

FigmentForver96

Question for a trip for my family and I to the Disneyland Paris Hotel.
So we stayed at the Newport Bay Club in 2013, and we enjoyed ourselves except the hotel was badly outdated.
We went inside the Disneyland hotel, and it seemed nice, but a bit dated too.
Is the Disneyland hotel comparable with the grand Floridian on an updated scale for the rooms? Is there a separate entrance? Is the pool free? Will Ratatouille & Big Thunder be open this late May? What do people wear at that time of year in Paris for Disneyland Paris? Are the waits high?
Thank you so much if anyone reading this even has the time to even answer one or two of these questions. My dad particularly very much so wants to stay at the Disneyland Hotel as it's been a dream of his, but he just wants to make sure it is at least comparable with the grand Floridian. I've heard that it has much better upkeep than the other hotels now.
I like the Disneyland Resort very much although it has begun to show its age in some places. Newport has almost finished up a major refurbishment so it is looking really nice. Ratatoullie will be open but Big Thunder Mountain will not. In fact the entire river is going to be closed.

Daveeeeed

I like the Disneyland Resort very much although it has begun to show its age in some places. Newport has almost finished up a major refurbishment so it is looking really nice. Ratatoullie will be open but Big Thunder Mountain will not. In fact the entire river is going to be closed.
Thank you so much! I heard about big thunder, but had no idea about the river thanks! Would you mind going possibly in slightly more detail on what parts specifically on the Disneyland hotel is outdated? Like we plan on spending possibly a long day at the park, but before we head to the park at maybe around 7-8amish head to the pool. Do you possibly know the hours? Is the pool outdated? And does the room smell funny by chance? Thanks!

HolleBolleGijs

Disney World's staff is overall much more friendly. I would not be at all sad to see them cutting the worst employees from the company. Also they should try to hire more bilingual employees as the UK is right next store, and many German, and Spanish speakers like myself could really benefit from this. We literally arrive for parking and the person there only knew French and you could tell was rude all around.

I feel like parking is one of the areas where they're less strict about languages. Also QS dining (my french was NOT good enough for that lol). Ordinarily, everyone has to show proficiency in French and English - interviews are conducted in both. Timing also has a lot to do with it, since they hire a lot of short-term CMs during the French school holidays - I'm talking people who come in, have a few hours of training, and then go onstage, for about 2 weeks of work. They absolutely don't care as much about language skills, they just need people to handle the volume. It's a fantastic opportunity for people who can't commit to working indefinitely though!

HolleBolleGijs

Also I'm super bummed that all of these awesome changes started happening after I left France. I've been watching everything get better through my computer for the past year and I'm so happy that the resort is getting some TLC.

Daveeeeed

I feel like parking is one of the areas where they're less strict about languages. Also QS dining (my french was NOT good enough for that lol). Ordinarily, everyone has to show proficiency in French and English - interviews are conducted in both. Timing also has a lot to do with it, since they hire a lot of short-term CMs during the French school holidays - I'm talking people who come in, have a few hours of training, and then go onstage, for about 2 weeks of work. They absolutely don't care as much about language skills, they just need people to handle the volume. It's a fantastic opportunity for people who can't commit to working indefinitely though!
I guess I didn't communicate properly on my part. I never meant it in a rude way I just said it as a generalization that Walt Disney employees more so feel like they're glad they're there especially the 'college age' staff. And because in Paris they are making more money it feels to me like something with training or they just don't like their job, and the people that don't want to give it their all, and don't even care about the guests even when they feel 100% fine. That is a problem and if they do make cuts they should do it to those people that aren't willing. Particularly the older employees based on my experience. That being said again maintenance could use many more people that's for sure, better cleaning products or something.

FigmentForver96

Thank you so much! I heard about big thunder, but had no idea about the river thanks! Would you mind going possibly in slightly more detail on what parts specifically on the Disneyland hotel is outdated? Like we plan on spending possibly a long day at the park, but before we head to the park at maybe around 7-8amish head to the pool. Do you possibly know the hours? Is the pool outdated? And does the room smell funny by chance? Thanks!
I don't know what the exact time is for the pool at the resort but it is an indoor heated pool and I assume you should be fine if you got there around eight. The resort is still beautiful but some of the rooms feels very tired and worn. You can see where many need new paint, and touch ups.

Swissmiss

Premium Member
I was upgraded to the Disneyland Hotel once and although I loved the convenience of the location, I agree with the previous poster - the room felt tired and worn. Compared to the hotels at WDW, I really don't find any of the DLP hotels on the same par.

HolleBolleGijs

I guess I didn't communicate properly on my part. I never meant it in a rude way I just said it as a generalization that Walt Disney employees more so feel like they're glad they're there especially the 'college age' staff. And because in Paris they are making more money it feels to me like something with training or they just don't like their job, and the people that don't want to give it their all, and don't even care about the guests even when they feel 100% fine. That is a problem and if they do make cuts they should do it to those people that aren't willing. Particularly the older employees based on my experience. That being said again maintenance could use many more people that's for sure, better cleaning products or something.

Didn't think your comment was rude, sorry if it came off that way! Just trying to shed some light on the language situation. But I agree, there can be (although not always) less enthusiasm for their roles because it's not full of CP kids who dream of working for Disney day and night.

Daveeeeed

I don't know what the exact time is for the pool at the resort but it is an indoor heated pool and I assume you should be fine if you got there around eight. The resort is still beautiful but some of the rooms feels very tired and worn. You can see where many need new paint, and touch ups.
Thanks again!

Daveeeeed

Didn't think your comment was rude, sorry if it came off that way! Just trying to shed some light on the language situation. But I agree, there can be (although not always) less enthusiasm for their roles because it's not full of CP kids who dream of working for Disney day and night.
Agreed, but your comment wasn't rude at all, or making mkne sound rude I just retread my comment and I thought it could be taken the wrong way. Just wanted to clarify.

Daveeeeed

I was upgraded to the Disneyland Hotel once and although I loved the convenience of the location, I agree with the previous poster - the room felt tired and worn. Compared to the hotels at WDW, I really don't find any of the DLP hotels on the same par.
Sequoia Lodge is probably the only one currently, but I believe next year the Disneyland hotel will get a makeover

peep

Sequoia Lodge is probably the only one currently, but I believe next year the Disneyland hotel will get a makeover

I believe the Disneyland Hotel was due a refurb in two stages. First stage was this year and the second stage after the 25th anniversary. I haven't heard anything about it for a while though, I reckon it has been postponed till after the anniversary year.

It should be noted that the Newport Bay Club Hotel is currently finishing up a giant refurb, it even got an upgrade in it's star rating! The Hotel New York is due to start it's overhaul soon and the Cheyenne recently started theirs.

Daveeeeed

I believe the Disneyland Hotel was due a refurb in two stages. First stage was this year and the second stage after the 25th anniversary. I haven't heard anything about it for a while though, I reckon it has been postponed till after the anniversary year.

It should be noted that the Newport Bay Club Hotel is currently finishing up a giant refurb, it even got an upgrade in it's star rating! The Hotel New York is due to start it's overhaul soon and the Cheyenne recently started theirs.
Good to know thanks! I expect when they're done upgrading rides like big thunder, Star Tours, and the hotels, and more than likely Toy Story Midway Mania etc. They'll probably do Phantom Manor, and add a new ride probably in Adventureland, and very likely add a 500 million dollar+ Marvel Land, plus actually give Walt Disney Studios an atmosphere. I guess they'll get rid of Armageddon, Cars Race Rally, Magic Carpets, and probably the Backlot Tour. That way they could make like a Hollywood Boulevard through the backlot tour queue, and there could be like Hollywood Hills in the back which by walking left, or right around it you would be in the Marvel land, which could also connect through Toy Story Playland.

peep

The tram tour isn't going anywhere. In fact, for the 25th anniversary it's getting a complete overhaul too! Rumours are that Marvel, Star Wars and Cars will invade the current show stops. I really hope it's more than a simple new overlay though, it needs lots of work done to the whole attraction, it's a complete mess at the mo.

I also don't want to see Midway mania come to the park, it's not that special and it'd end up sitting next to a superior dark ride.

JDL30

Plans have surfaced showing a new 950 room value resort just opposite Hotel Sante Fe - although sadly where the proposed Lava Lagoon water park would have been... still an interesting development and encouraging the resort feels the need to grow.

Capture d’écran 2016-03-30 à 10.59.37.png

http://disneyandmore.blogspot.co.uk/2016/03/new-950-rooms-value-hotel-to-be-build.html

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom