Magic restrictions

magicboy68

Original Poster
:sohappy: Hey! I bet you all have heard this a dozen times, but how old do you have to be to work at Disney World. I am a teenager and just waiting for the time when I can work there summers or whatever. What sort of seasonal jobs do they offer? (This is before 9-11 and pretending they were still hiring) Thanks so much!:king:

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
any hourly job (EXCEPT GUEST RELATIONS) can be done on a seasonal basis.

mkt

Disney's Favorite Scumbag™
Premium Member
oh yeah, here's the remainder of the restrictions.

you must be 16 to work at WDW in most jobs (the exceptions being cash-handling which is 17, certain attractions are 18, and serving/bartending which are 18. otherwise you have free-reign) Also, if a family member of yours works @ WDW, you can work summers doing Custodial in Quick Service Foods at 15.

what else.. during non-peak seasons of the year, part timers may only work up to 24.9 hours a week (only entertainment really enforces this rule, in case any other CM's want to counter what I'm saying.. but if you're caught by upper management, you, your direct management, and your schedulers all get in trouble).

let me think... still thinking.. I know there's more. Housing is not provided if you're from out of town (except for college and international programs), but several apartment complexes in Orlando offer 3-month summer leases geared towards seasonal hospitality employees.

that's all I can think of right now..

ttfn

TURKEY

That's what I was asking him about. If he wasn't of age it doesn't really matter. I don't think its going to be worth it if you aren't from Orlando area. Rent is pretty expensive and you won't be making that much plus other bills.

cm1988

Rent

Originally posted by turkey leg boy
...Rent is pretty expensive and you won't be making that much plus other bills.
Would agree there, seeing many 1-bedroom apartments in the $600+ per month range.

I just rented a room for the first few years. Truthfully, that turned out to be a great way to live (had done so in college as well). All it takes is finding a family or other roommates with whom you are compatible.

The real downside is when situations change, people move away, etc. and you find yourself house-hunting again.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom