The cast-
Me, Disneyshe 11th trip
Hubby, Disney B 11th trip
DS, Jack 10th trip
DL, Tink 2nd trip
Grandson, Tow Mater 2nd trip
Grandson, Lil Eli (1st trip)

Where- Old Key West, 1 Br Vila

This was our first stay at a Deluxe and I will go ahead and say there is no way, even for a couple of days I think that I could stay even at a moderate again. I loved the space, I loved the atmosphere. Even if we were not DVC, we treated like we were. I cried, when they told us Welcome Home, more than once actually.

We had driven down on 8/30 and stayed at Jekyll Island. We got up at 4:00 am in hopes to get there pretty early and take the kids to Magic Kingdom. Traffic, which is now my worst enemy, did not allow for that. It was miserable and flat out scary! By the time we made it to the resort I was a nervous wreck and could have had 2 breakfast Bloody Mary's or a sedative. This is probably why my husband likes to drive at night. In my defense, now that my son drives, I worry like crazy about him too.

I missed the sunrise going through the gate, I love that, but the good news was we got the text our room was ready!

Volcano Bay right on the side of the road on I-4 was crazy! At least I am assuming that is what this was. Never been to Universal and don't keep up much with news on it.
IMG_1947.JPG

Arrival
IMG_1952.JPG

Welcome Home
IMG_1953.JPG

IMG_1954.JPG

IMG_1955.JPG

Loving the Old Key West room!
IMG_1960.JPG

IMG_1961.JPG

(Not sure of the photo posts, so continuing)

BigMac74

Nice report, it brought back many memories. Like, we got to see Wishes one last time before it changed. We got pictures in front of the Sorcerer's Hat at DHS, and then more as it was being torn down. Got to ride the Great Movie Ride in all of its forms before it went away. BUT...has anyone thought of putting together an acronym definition list? I've been going to WDW since the '70s. Saw EPCOT as it was being built and I still cannot figure out some of the shorthand in everyone's blog. (What is MNSSHP?). I'm sure there are newbies that are struggling even more.

One small comment, some of your food photos did not have the name of the restaurant (the shrimp meal, which I think happened at the Poly). I ask because your photo's made me want to try it on my next trip and don't know where it is.

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I love that you got to spend some solo time with your son! I will be sure to make sure my mom gets that opportunity on our upcoming trip. I jockeyed our FP+ around pretty good to keep the grand kids occupied while the adults trade off riding the e-tickets.

I totally know what it feels like to have it all planned and then you know what hits the fan. We have had some interesting things happen to us over the years. One advantage to having meals, parks and restaurants planned 30 or more days out is that all you have to do is show up and enjoy! No need to figure out what you are doing each morning, what park, where to eat, what to ride first.However the downside of course is when you get pitched a curve ball! People fall ill, they break bones or teeth, it pours rain one day, all day or just when the parade comes or rains out the party, maybe someone throws a tantrum, kids and adults alike. It is tough with little ones, especially since they can't tell you what is wrong or what they want all of the time. There isn't a lot of flexibility if you missed a favorite restaurant, FP time, miss out on the MNSSHP or hurricanes eating into your vacation.

The great news for me is that my brother left all of the planning up to me for our upcoming trip. He had no input and he won't complain. I know we will have a wonderful time. If things get crinkled up, yeah I will get upset, but I did my best. I am sure you did as well.

I hope you all get to go again real soon!

I planned everything as soon as my windows opened up, but things came up in some instances that it just did not work out the way I planned. We used to always only plan around meals, and I make those at 180. I hate being tied to ths fastpass plus ahead of time. Paper fastpasses allowed us more flexibility.

Hope you have a great trip! Hubby and I are going back in May. DS said he will probably wait to the kids are a bit older to join us again.

Nice report, it brought back many memories. Like, we got to see Wishes one last time before it changed. We got pictures in front of the Sorcerer's Hat at DHS, and then more as it was being torn down. Got to ride the Great Movie Ride in all of its forms before it went away. BUT...has anyone thought of putting together an acronym definition list? I've been going to WDW since the '70s. Saw EPCOT as it was being built and I still cannot figure out some of the shorthand in everyone's blog. (What is MNSSHP?). I'm sure there are newbies that are struggling even more.

One small comment, some of your food photos did not have the name of the restaurant (the shrimp meal, which I think happened at the Poly). I ask because your photo's made me want to try it on my next trip and don't know where it is.

MNSSHP is Mickey's Not So Scary Halloween Party. It is a blast, so hate rain ruined it this year.

The shrimp, if it is the big pile on skewers, at plate is Ohana, at the Poly. Best meal at Disney in my opnion! We love it. Definitely recommend it, and book it early, ressies go fast!

blreinsel

I am a total animal nut. I have a turkey that has been here for a year, we thought she was a he, I named him Joseph, until he disappeared in spring and came back a few months later, with a baby. Jospehine it is and we think, the baby may be a Jake... but who knows lol. Point being, whether it be birds, rabbits, chipmunks, or deer, I love them all.

Lol! I am the same exact way! I used to see quail(s?) on my way to work, as well as the same groundhog on my way home, and I named them all! We have ducks that live in our pond now and I'm obsessed with them. I haven't named them (yet) but I look forward to seeing them everyday! :p

I totally feel your pain about doubling your travel time because of Irma! Traffic was INSANE and people's driving was unacceptable. We saw some of the craziest things and I'm sure you did too. I'm just thankful that we (and you!) made it home safely.

Thank you for sharing your trip! So happy that you had a great time regardless of the weather and some minor speed bumps. That makes it all worthwhile. :)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Lol! I am the same exact way! I used to see quail(s?) on my way to work, as well as the same groundhog on my way home, and I named them all! We have ducks that live in our pond now and I'm obsessed with them. I haven't named them (yet) but I look forward to seeing them everyday! :p

I totally feel your pain about doubling your travel time because of Irma! Traffic was INSANE and people's driving was unacceptable. We saw some of the craziest things and I'm sure you did too. I'm just thankful that we (and you!) made it home safely.

Thank you for sharing your trip! So happy that you had a great time regardless of the weather and some minor speed bumps. That makes it all worthwhile. :)

I am so glad it isn't just me lol. My husband just shakes his head and laughs at me. I have the Turkey almost eating from my hand. He says we could go to Disney more if it were not for all my animals I feed lol! She is here again every evening for a snack and then sleeps in a tree in our backyard. The baby must have moved on. :(
Glad you guys made it back safe too. That traffic was a nightmare!
IMG_2726.JPG

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
I can honestly say I have the worst case of post partum Disney vacation blues I have ever had in my life! :( :( I don't ever remember being this depressed after a trip. Thankfully, I have my lil' buddy to keep me busy! He may not remember the trip in the long run but he is totally obsessed with Mimi Mou aka Minnie, Dat Mou, -Mickey and Don Duck, or Dat Duck. I am blown away by his Disney vocabulary.. lol
He still loves his bunnies, Thumper and Miss Bunny. :)
IMG_2746.JPG

And, because only animal lovers that are also Disney obsessed would appreciate that the Chipmunk that visited, was not, in fact- neither Chip nor Dale, but Clarice!! She had babies, two of them. Is it not so stinking cute? I only got the pic of the one, the other one hid. @blgauger thought you might appreciate.
IMG_2742.JPG

blreinsel

Oh my word... HOW CUTE!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove: There were two sand hill cranes outside one of my colleague's windows last week at school and I was obsessing! She hates birds so wanted them to go away, but I was wishing that I had a view of them all day long. :p

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Oh my word... HOW CUTE!!! :inlove::inlove::inlove: There were two sand hill cranes outside one of my colleague's windows last week at school and I was obsessing! She hates birds so wanted them to go away, but I was wishing that I had a view of them all day long. :p
I love cranes! We have a few here but not like in Florida. I call them Florida birds lol
Edit to add, just googled a Sandhill Crane. Wow! Gorgeous. Ours are nowhere near as impressive.

blreinsel

I love cranes! We have a few here but not like in Florida. I call them Florida birds lol
Edit to add, just googled a Sandhill Crane. Wow! Gorgeous. Ours are nowhere near as impressive.

They're beautiful! Apparently they're pretty aggressive though, so I keep my distance. ;)

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
If the Disney depression wasn't already in high gear, it is now. Looks as if we mutually agreed (very loose terms, here- as far as the mutual, I was not such a willing participant in the so called agreement) to hold off on a May trip to my Happy Place. :( Going to be a wait and see thing, maybe trying to go later in the year. A smart decision I guess, so that some of the new things will open, but depressing none the less. I guess it would be okay to go other places every now and then.

Being a bargainer, I did get something out of it though!
I lost my Flemish Giant awhile back and finally got the hubby to let me get another one. I purposely try to adopt from a shelter or choose a bunny that would otherwise not have a very happy ending. My first rabbit many years ago was a "meat rabbit" Not that, that is a bad thing, horrifying to me, but I am not a vegetarian so I do understand.. I guess. :-/ Anyway, this guy was most likely going to be someone's dinner but instead he is going to live the bunny dream, as a House rabbit with his own room and as a nod to my Miss Bunny, his name is Thumper! He is quite the Thumper, slamming that back foot like crazy. I think it was a good trade, in the end.:) He is just a baby, only 3 months old. He will be about 3 times as big, at 15+ lbs as an adult.
*shameless plug for all the people that do not know rabbits can be litter box trained and not be kept in a cage. They make amazing pets and are sweet and loving as any cat or dog.
To make a long story short... Meet Thumper.
IMG_2855.JPG
IMG_2856.JPG

riverside

Premium Member
If the Disney depression wasn't already in high gear, it is now. Looks as if we mutually agreed (very loose terms, here- as far as the mutual, I was not such a willing participant in the so called agreement) to hold off on a May trip to my Happy Place. :( Going to be a wait and see thing, maybe trying to go later in the year. A smart decision I guess, so that some of the new things will open, but depressing none the less. I guess it would be okay to go other places every now and then.

Being a bargainer, I did get something out of it though!
I lost my Flemish Giant awhile back and finally got the hubby to let me get another one. I purposely try to adopt from a shelter or choose a bunny that would otherwise not have a very happy ending. My first rabbit many years ago was a "meat rabbit" Not that, that is a bad thing, horrifying to me, but I am not a vegetarian so I do understand.. I guess. :-/ Anyway, this guy was most likely going to be someone's dinner but instead he is going to live the bunny dream, as a House rabbit with his own room and as a nod to my Miss Bunny, his name is Thumper! He is quite the Thumper, slamming that back foot like crazy. I think it was a good trade, in the end.:) He is just a baby, only 3 months old. He will be about 3 times as big, at 15+ lbs as an adult.
*shameless plug for all the people that do not know rabbits can be litter box trained and not be kept in a cage. They make amazing pets and are sweet and loving as any cat or dog.
To make a long story short... Meet Thumper. View attachment 239491View attachment 239492
Thumper is adorable!! My girl, Breezy, passed many years ago but I still miss her. Bunnies are a fun addition to the family. I loved cuddling her!! Congratulations & wishing you many happy years with him!!

DisneyGigi

Original Poster
Congrats on the new bunny addition to the family. Thumper is awful cute!
Thank you, I would normally be devastated about postponing a Disney trip but this guy made it okay. :) *I loved the awful cute, sounded very Thumperish...
at least in my Disney/Bunny brain. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom