Magic Kingdoms next light parade

brb1006

Spectromagic was also the very first parade I saw at WDW, just a few hours after arriving for my first trip, and I was literally blown away! I couldn't have been more disappointed by what was done to the floats after the parade ended its run. :(

BTW, are any of the floats still around? I heard that a few were salvaged for training purposes.
Well the entire rumor about the parade being rotten was not true but I'm still curious about what happened to the whirly balls.

FutureCEO

Im assuming there is no word on any new light parade besides the Paint the Night rumors cast members have told me what would you predict this next parade would be like? After seeing Festival of Fantasy I really think there going to stick with the orchestrated. Disneyland seems to use heavy beats in their scores. But just like the Paint the Night Electrical Parade I would imagine they would have a Paint the night Spectromagic with the original theme song. They did say it would be a totally different lineup for the units.

I can't stand Paint the Night - even if I've only seen video. Too many flashing lights.

TTA94

@marni1971 so do you think MSEP will stay at MK until around the 50th? Or could they potentially bring over Paint The Night for about 5 years? While Disneyland Forever is rumored to be ending its run in September everyone is saying Paint The Night is staying... Unless those people are just Disneyland die hards who refuse to believe that they could loose another light parade to WDW lol.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
Well the entire rumor about the parade being rotten was not true but I'm still curious about what happened to the whirly balls.
You know the bugs in the Electrical Parade... Well a good amount of those whirly balls are probably parted out to them. I guarantee that once the Magic Kingdom does get a new light parade they will do a limited run at Disneyland and they will be complianing and looking for paint the night as well.

KaliSplash

As I might have mentioned previously (ok, several dozen times) I LOVE MSEP! I love the electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds (however you spell that). To me, SpectroMagic's problem is the main theme song. It is literally a waltz. Listen to it and count it out. One-two-three, one-two-three. I have often referred to it as ploddingly magestic. It's a beautiful piece of music, the floats and characters are fine. But it is too darn slow. MSEP forever. (and yes, MSEP was the first one I saw and I understand that Spectro was the first for many others. But for me, I truly think it's the pacing of the music that makes the difference for me.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I did like the improvements they did to Dreamlights. I wouldn't mind seeing the Electrical Parade with a new drum screen, bees that have round plexi glass projections on their stingers, snails and turtles that completely change color, mushrooms with led screens replacing the top pieces, a Cinderella scene that goes from white to color, Peter Pan ship with led screened sails and a very nice Its a Small Workd Clavicade.

Wdw62114

As I might have mentioned previously (ok, several dozen times) I LOVE MSEP! I love the electrosynthomagnetic musical sounds (however you spell that). To me, SpectroMagic's problem is the main theme song. It is literally a waltz. Listen to it and count it out. One-two-three, one-two-three. I have often referred to it as ploddingly magestic. It's a beautiful piece of music, the floats and characters are fine. But it is too darn slow. MSEP forever. (and yes, MSEP was the first one I saw and I understand that Spectro was the first for many others. But for me, I truly think it's the pacing of the music that makes the difference for me.
I agree with the music. I would LOVE to see a new light parade itself but i'm terrified of losing the music. I don't even want a different version of the song like they have at other parks overseas The ending of it is my phone ringtone. I would love to see Dreamlights from Tokyo come to WDW because its amazing new LED floats and same music. Score!!!!!

TheOrangeBird01

I don't really like Paint the Night. I don't like the main "When Can I See You Again" song (even if it does sample the MSEP music) and I feel like the music is what makes the parade special. The floats in PTN are also not as good as the ones in MSEP in my opinion. There's too many Pixar characters, and not enough classic Disney. I also don't understand the point of some of the floats like the big dress Belle. I'm open to a new parade in MK, but I don't want to part with MSEP's music like others have said. Hopefully something can be done to make everyone happy.

brb1006

I don't really like Paint the Night. I don't like the main "When Can I See You Again" song (even if it does sample the MSEP music) and I feel like the music is what makes the parade special. The floats in PTN are also not as good as the ones in MSEP in my opinion. There's too many Pixar characters, and not enough classic Disney. I also don't understand the point of some of the floats like the big dress Belle. I'm open to a new parade in MK, but I don't want to part with MSEP's music like others have said. Hopefully something can be done to make everyone happy.
Another reason why I love Dreamlights is that they also contain Pixar characters but they don't give them to much focus unlike PTN.

THEMEPARKPIONEER

Original Poster
I think they added toe wreck it Ralph soundtrack mainly to add the vocals and keep that up beat electrical parade feel. It's like the Spectromagic of all Electrical Parades. They wanted vocals and that song fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom