Magic Kingdom without Fast Pass?

mouse_luv

Yes, it's President's Day long weekend, Disney marathon, Mardi Gras, you name it. But we have a teacher in our group so it can't be helped. That's why I think I need to book Fast Passes. Is the MDE app the only way to book Fast Pass?

I presume you mean Disney Princess half marathon. Bc Wdw Marathon is in January.
You will need FPs. And you can book via MDE app or WDW webpage. :)

Tinkwings

Pfizered Fairy
Premium Member
In the Parks
No
Yes, it's President's Day long weekend, Disney marathon, Mardi Gras, you name it. But we have a teacher in our group so it can't be helped. That's why I think I need to book Fast Passes. Is the MDE app the only way to book Fast Pass?

You definitely want to do the fast pass thing....that is a very, very, very busy time at the parks, and doing the work prior will allow you to bypass the crowds on attractions you really want to go on. Presidents Day weekend into the following week, I only did once, and it was shoulder to shoulder people by midday, sometimes they even close the parks for capacity.....so that being said we got there at opening and obtained the paper fastpasses for later and rode what we could with smaller wait times first thing in the morning. There are many attractions still easy to get on, but when you research what is available for fastpass + you can decide to choose those popular attractions you desire, vs 90 minute plus waits....so keep on asking questions here and don't give up! Planning pays off during busy season. :)

Scoppin

Unless I missed something you didn't mention how long you were going to be at WDW or if you would be staying on site. These would affect when you would be able to get advance FPs. I agree with all the above, in regards to getting as many FPs in advance in order to reduce your wait times at the attractions you really want to attend.

5Adults

Original Poster
You definitely want to do the fast pass thing....that is a very busy time at the parks, and doing the work prior will allow you to bypass the crowds on attractions you really want to go on. Presidents Day weekend into the following week, I only did once, and it was shoulder to shoulder people by midday, sometimes they even close the parks for capacity.....so that being said we got there at opening and obtained the paper fastpasses for later and rode what we could with smaller wait times first thing in the morning. There are many attractions still easy to get on, but when you research what is available for fastpass + you can decide to choose those popular attractions you desire, vs 90 minute plus waits....so keep on asking questions here and don't give up! Planning pays off during busy season. :)
Thanks for the tips on doing rides in morning. And for the encouragement not to give up. Thanks to all of your support, I may just be able to pull this off. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Unless I missed something you didn't mention how long you were going to be at WDW or if you would be staying on site. These would affect when you would be able to get advance FPs. I agree with all the above, in regards to getting as many FPs in advance in order to reduce your wait times at the attractions you really want to attend.
Yes, in my first post on this thread I mention we're staying off site. So I have the 30 days re: Fast Passes. We're staying for a week but it's really only 6 full days. Two of those days are at Universal and one likely at a water park, so that leaves 3 days and I imagine we'll need a day to rest by our pool ;). So that leaves two days of park hopper at Disney (include Magic Kingdom for sure). With only two days at Disney, I'm thinking Fast Passes are a must, judging from the responses on this thread and also judging by the business of that particular week. Honestly, I had a stern talk with myself to calm the heck down. I also realised most of our rides will be at Islands of Adventure where we can have an Express pass. Disney is mostly for the wonderful experience, although we will try to get on some good rides. I researched which are the best in MK and will try to get Fast Passes for them.

RMichael21

Thanks for the tips on doing rides in morning. And for the encouragement not to give up. Thanks to all of your support, I may just be able to pull this off. :joyfull::joyfull::joyfull:

Yes, in my first post on this thread I mention we're staying off site. So I have the 30 days re: Fast Passes. We're staying for a week but it's really only 6 full days. Two of those days are at Universal and one likely at a water park, so that leaves 3 days and I imagine we'll need a day to rest by our pool ;). So that leaves two days of park hopper at Disney (include Magic Kingdom for sure). With only two days at Disney, I'm thinking Fast Passes are a must, judging from the responses on this thread and also judging by the business of that particular week. Honestly, I had a stern talk with myself to calm the heck down. I also realised most of our rides will be at Islands of Adventure where we can have an Express pass. Disney is mostly for the wonderful experience, although we will try to get on some good rides. I researched which are the best in MK and will try to get Fast Passes for them.
If it helps, you could add a day at Disney and only spend a day at Universal, especially with an Express Pass. We had Express Pass when we visited and planned on two days, but were able to finish all of the major attractions by 7PM (starting at 7AM with out Early Entry). You'll get on all of the attractions except for Forbidden Journey, Escape from Gringotts and Reign of Kong within 5-15 minutes. Those three you'll have to wait for. Also, us doing everything in a day included spending 2 and a half hours in Diagon Alley (45 minutes of that in line/on Gringotts, the rest just walking around, eating ice cream, Ollivanders, shopping, etc). So, if you're willing to forgo the shopping/eating, you could get everything done even quicker. Depending on when the park closes is also a factor, because if the parks close at 5, you may not be able to do everything in a day like we did however. That is, unless, you're willing to take out some must dos. Then, that could give you an extra day at Disney.

JillC LI

Also, I want to buy two tickets to Universal ... do I buy those somewhere else like at an OTC?

You can buy your Uni tickets at the park but it will save you a few dollars to buy them in advance from AAA, for example. If you plan to spend 2 days there, it might behoove you to spend one night there. If you do, then you get the Express Pass for free (it's pretty pricey otherwise), and you also get early entry into the parks on both the day you check in AND the day you check out. You also don't have to get a car or shuttle to and from Uni two days if you are already staying there. We like to stay at Uni for the first night of our trip with early park entry and the Express Pass then move to WDW for the rest of our trip. Just a thought.

EvilQueen-T

I travel with anything from just myself and one other family member to going with 4 other families. I talk with one representative of each family and ask if there's one particular thing they do and do not want to do...then I go online and make all the fp+ and dining reservations for all of us.

5Adults

Original Poster
I travel with anything from just myself and one other family member to going with 4 other families. I talk with one representative of each family and ask if there's one particular thing they do and do not want to do...then I go online and make all the fp+ and dining reservations for all of us.
I like it, Queen. I suspect I'll be organising and booking our days exactly like that. Thanks!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom