Magic Kingdom Trip Report: July 4, 2011.

The Park Opened at 8:00am and closed at 1:00am
I started parking around 2:40pm and they where parking people on the grass.
Got in the park around 3:00pm and saw the Confectionary's New Look and it looked pretty good.
Space Mountain Ran pretty good.
Splash Mountain didnt looked as run down as mentioned on here, though a few things didnt work.
Didnt do Thunder Mountain so didnt see the new rock.
The Ball in tomorrowland looks great.
The Many Adventures of Winnie the Pooh ran pretty good (Didnt notice much difference here)
The Haunted Mansion seemed pretty good also so nothing bad to report.
I didnt notice anything in the Caribbean Plaza.
The Tiki-Room still doesnt show anything new .. Yet
The People-Mover also ran good so i have nothing bad to report.
I rode the CoP at 12:20am and actually got to have my own show (Pretty eerie but cool) and didnt notice anything broken (Everyone had a hand for show:))
I also rode stitch around 12:10am and it was one of the few times that most (if not all) effects where working.
Fantasyland Expansion is still looking great.
And i saw the 6:45 Move it, Shake it, Street Party, Needs to be rethemed from Celebrate, otherwise i like the idea of it.
Also I dont know how many times they do this but they ran the WDWRR until 12:00am
And i noticed a few Bulbs out on Main Street Buildings (Not really noticeable unless you really study the buildings)
Disney's Celebrate America Fireworks where as amazing as ever, IMO could use a tad extra 360pyro moments besides the finale which is AMAZING. and Cudos to the CMs who have to guide traffic (i know how hard that can be)
The Main Street Electrical Parade was as great as ever, and i saw the 10:45pm MMY from the Crystal Palace and it was a great view, and also saw it again at 11:30pm from ontop of the train station.
Something i did notice was that they werent handing out the free American Flag Pins on your way in.
I finally got out of Magic Kingdom around 1:35am (After looking in the Glass shop and the shop that used to have the VMK thingy in it) and the Express wasnt operating (Probably not enough people leaving:shrug:)
The Ferry ran pretty good.
Crowd Level didnt really seem to show until i started to Campout for the fireworks around 7:00pm. (Id give crowd a 9/10), Though trying to get from the Magic Kingdom Hub to the other areas of the park right after the Independance Day Fireworks is a nightmare where you must have patience.
Longest wait i saw was Splash Mountain around 4:30pm at 120minutes.
Overall, Still The Most Magical Place on Earth.

Side Note: Around 10:15ish i was walking through adventureland between Pirates and The Tiki-Room and out of nowhere heard this really loud rumble, That Rumble (to my knowledge) was the Epcot July 4th Finale, Pretty Wild to hear that especially from a park thats located so far from it. Also between 9:45pm - 10:00pm, you could kinda hear the Hollywood Studio's Fireworks going off from Frontierland.

Should be returning to Walt Disney World Next Saturday when the park is open until 1am again.

(P.S, If this is in the wrong fourm sorry)

SpectroPhoenix

Thanks for the great report!

Despite the crowds, I would've still loved to have been there for the 4th, hopefully I can make it happen one day. Glad to read that they didn't ruin the magic for you! :sohappy:

Jakester

Original Poster
Very surprised that the wait times were not longer. Seen wait times longer than 120 min and I go in May, Sept., Oct. or early Dec.

Ive never really been to Magic Kingdom on Independance Day and it be super busy. Its kinda wierd to think that a day like that not be super busy

Slugger

Disney's Celebrate America Fireworks where as amazing as ever, IMO could use a tad extra 360pyro moments besides the finale which is AMAZING. and Cudos to the CMs who have to guide traffic (i know how hard that can be)
Thank you. It was definitely a busy night last night and traffic flow actually went pretty smooth for how many people where in the park.

Something i did notice was that they werent handing out the free American Flag Pins on your way in.
They were or weren't handing out pins? I know when I got to work yesterday at 10am that they did hand out American Flag pins. Maybe they ran out by the time you got there?

Jakester

Original Poster
Thank you. It was definitely a busy night last night and traffic flow actually went pretty smooth for how many people where in the park.

They were or weren't handing out pins? I know when I got to work yesterday at 10am that they did hand out American Flag pins. Maybe they ran out by the time you got there?

It was fairly busy last night (More of people trying to leave)

And i think that could be the reason why i didnt get one.

Last year it wasnt nearly as busy as this year (then again it rained like allday last year)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom