Magic Kingdom Proposal ideas

On3and0nlysmitty

Original Poster
Hello, my girlfriend (25 years old) and I (27 years old) are going to Disney world this August and I plan on proposing to her at Magic Kingdom. I have a few ideas in mind but I haven't been to Disney since 2001 and she has never been. We are going with my parents so one thing that I am concerned with is relying on them to get the perfect picture with a smart phone they do not know how to use. I understand that it is ultimately my decision of HOW I do it, but I would just like as much input as possible to the questions I have. A few of my ideas consist of:

#1: in front of Cinderella's castle. I know there will be photographers there but it is a very busy area. Would it be better to do it during the day/night? are there still photographers at night? I am sure I will have to worry about people walking in front of us right when I get down on one knee and it is clearly a heavily populated area.

#2: in the back of Cinderella's castle. I have heard that the back of the castle is much nicer than the front and less populated. I have also seen pictures of the back at night and it looks very nice but, again, the question is are there photographers in the area?

#3: (my favorite) at the wishing well next to Cinderella's castle. this is where i need the most help with. I have never seen this area but in pictures I have seen there are trees in the background. Has anybody been there recently? Are those trees covering the view of the castle? Are there photographers in the area during the day/night? This location is probably the most secluded and I've seen the Youtube video of the couple getting engaged there and it doesn't look like there are too many people nearby.

#4 We have dinner reservations at Be Our Guest that day for 8 of us. I've thought about proposing there and I've seen the proposal packages but I am not blown away by this option.

Any information is much appreciated! If there is any other information that you need feel free to ask!

Blairnicol

The wishing well area is great-depending on when you are going you might get a great view of the hub construction going on there right now. It's scheduled to go on through November of this year. I would actually avoid doing this in front of the castle until after that is complete, if possible. Until the construction is done I would do the back of the castle if you are want a picture clear of construction walls.

On3and0nlysmitty

Original Poster
We will be there mid August. Thank you for the heads up! I may have to feel it out the day of if that's the case.. Walk past the wishing well and if there's a view of the construction then I'll have to go to plan B.. I've read through this page: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/cinderella-castle-photo-spots/ and I like the liberty square bridge as well. Does anybody have any experience with hat area? It's another location I've never been to.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
We will be there mid August. Thank you for the heads up! I may have to feel it out the day of if that's the case.. Walk past the wishing well and if there's a view of the construction then I'll have to go to plan B.. I've read through this page: http://www.disneytouristblog.com/cinderella-castle-photo-spots/ and I like the liberty square bridge as well. Does anybody have any experience with hat area? It's another location I've never been to.
It is very busy, and you will be fighting for position with passers by trying to take photos of the castle.

My opinion, don't propose in the MK. It is way too busy and its not a very intimate experience.

Blairnicol

If by the hat area you mean at DHs-it's not longer there (thank goodness). I'm with @wdwmagic, I wouldn't propose inside MK. I know you're looking for a photo pass photographer, but there are so many great places around the resort. I think Disney Tourist Blog also has a list of suggestions for great proposal areas. I would personally go for the beach at the Poly (if you want something cost effective) or Narcoossee's during fireworks (my favorite view outside the park). Or maybe even during a character meet & greet? Not particularly intimate, but guaranteed to have a photo pass photographer & not near as crowded as the castle hub.

On3and0nlysmitty

Original Poster
We actually have dinner reservations at ohana our first night there. I heard beach view is great there. Maybe I could look into that route. Definitely less crowded and more romantic.

BJones82

I believe if you contact Disney in advance they can setup photopass people pop up for you where you want to propose kind of thing, I don't know the costs or logistics of figuring this out at all but it might be worth looking into... I proposed in the back of the Canada pavilion at Epcot, go up the stairs all the way back past the shops. It's a wedding spot and is beautiful and intimate. So if you want a more private place that is a good spot, though as cheesy as it is don't underestimate the MK castle :) Sure it is not as intimate as other places but when it happens it is just the two of you and having people be excited for you is great :) Though it puts you two on the spot(that is why I did it in Canada)

Good Luck!! and here is a link to the spot I was talking about in Canada:

https://www.disneyweddings.com/florida/wishes/venues/canada-courtyard/

On3and0nlysmitty

Original Poster
After some research I think I might change the plans and plan to do it the first night that we are there at Ohana. I have early dinner reservations so we can hang out after, watch the sunset then watch the MK fireworks and I can propose during the fireworks. Has anybody had experience watching the fireworks from the beach? Does it get super crowded? I contacted the restaurant and I can even get champagne afterwards.

dumboflyer

As someone who proposed at the Magic Kingdom (see my profile pic, yes that's a live action shot), I think MK is viable if you are smart about timing. If you go during EMH or a ticketed event, you'll reduce your crowds. Also if you wait until the end of the night, most ppl are gone. August makes it tougher, certainly.

If you do go this route, be aware that it's quite difficult to keep a poker face through hours of MK time.

Also be sure to tell guest relations and any restaurants in which you're dining that you just got engaged, you'll get some freebies :)

phrog

I recently was proposed to in front of the partners statue with the castle in the background. He couldn't find any of the disney photographers, so we are going back at Christmas to reenact it and get some pictures this time. Now that I know it's happening. Make sure to get your just engaged pins and wear them. We got free dessert at dinner and even put in the fast pass line at one of the rides.

tem325

My boyfriend suggested we get a photo from the PhotoPass person on the spot that is along the walkway between the Hub and Tomorrowland. I gave my iphone to the photographer to snap some photos with that too, got into place and as I walked over, he whispered to the photographer "I'm going to propose" (which I didn't hear) and then, he went into his backpack and pulled out a ring box. Then, he walked over to me and we have about 15 photos of the proposal from start to finish. Pretty amazing moment!!!!

2943A235-6F52-4DB1-9F57-234A3FEE22A8_zpslxeoiira.jpg

officialtom

My boyfriend suggested we get a photo from the PhotoPass person on the spot that is along the walkway between the Hub and Tomorrowland. I gave my iphone to the photographer to snap some photos with that too, got into place and as I walked over, he whispered to the photographer "I'm going to propose" (which I didn't hear) and then, he went into his backpack and pulled out a ring box. Then, he walked over to me and we have about 15 photos of the proposal from start to finish. Pretty amazing moment!!!!

2943A235-6F52-4DB1-9F57-234A3FEE22A8_zpslxeoiira.jpg

This is awesome!!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom