Magic Kingdom currently (11:30am) closed to some guests due to capacity

WDW1974

I'm sure one of the other factors are the two big bowl games being played in Orlando over the next week... I know that all 4 of the teams that are playing usually "travel very well"...

That always plays a factor ... and it isn't just the two Orlando games.

There are games in Tampa and Miami and plenty of those fans will add a magical WDW visit either pre-bowl or post.

Happens every year.

susan5027

Oh the flashback of memories of our first Christmas/New Year's trip to WDW last year!! We had heard of the parks being packed and had to experience it. We thought it was a blast. Yeah, it required getting up reeeaaallly early some mornings. But with careful planning of afternoon rests (happy hours??) we enjoyed full days. Woohoo! Almost forgot the backed-up toilets between Adventureland and Frontierland on New Year's eve!! As Six-Bits says, "Poo-tinkie!!":ROFLOL:We till wouldn't change a thing! Hey! It's Disney World!!:sohappy:

Tar Heel

A guy that I work with went to wdw for the first time a few years ago during the week between christmas and new years. He came back and said he was absolutely miserable. I told him to go back in September and tell me what he thinks.

Kobe!!

A guy that I work with went to wdw for the first time a few years ago during the week between christmas and new years. He came back and said he was absolutely miserable. I told him to go back in September and tell me what he thinks.
My .02... people that go for Christmas or New Years and expect everything to go as they planned don't have any idea on how Disney works.

puntagordabob

Our plan is to check into the BLT @ CR on the morning of the 31st....just have fun...eat dinner at OKW's Olivia's Cafe (figure OKW will not be crammed like the parks), perhaps play some basketball with our kids while waiting to eat...then head back to the BLT to spend the entire evening at The Top of the World Lounge to ring in the New Year. Thats the plan anyways! :) My kids can brave the MK if they dare..... ;)

RSoxNo1

I'd be interested to see how many years after the new Fantasyland opens it takes for the Magic Kingdom to reach capacity on the busiest days. The capacity should increase significantly with these additions, it might put a significant halt to these phased closings over the holidays.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom