Magic Kingdom Construction Update 1/8/13

Jakester

Original Poster
When I was there last week I asked about the decorations being up after New Years and I was told they would be up until Epiphany which is January 6th. Maybe the castle lights stay up longer since they are like winter lights.
But the decorations should be gone and the lights just turned off until the crane comes and takes them down

captainkidd

But the decorations should be gone and the lights just turned off until the crane comes and takes them down

Remember - This is a multi-step process.

1.Move crane into position next to castle.
2.Wait 2 weeks before starting any of the work.
3.Start removing the lights.
4.Milk project so it takes at least 2 weeks to finish.
5.Upon completion, leave crane next to castle for another 2 weeks.

This will ensure a good 6 weeks worth of horrible pictures of the castle!

Darth Sidious

Authentically Disney Distinctly Chinese
A little off topic but what is with all the tables being stacked up on the side of the roads? I see tons of folding tables, portable bathrooms and some tents with more tables?

ToTBellHop

A little off topic but what is with all the tables being stacked up on the side of the roads? I see tons of folding tables, portable bathrooms and some tents with more tables?
It's actually part of NextGen. Soon, guests will be able to pre-reserve a picnic table and 73 seconds in a portapotty as they wait for their pre-reserved entry time into a select Disney Parks theme park.

Darth Sidious

Today I saw this on BTMRR

image-7_zps9b47f068.jpg

Also the east half of the queue was tarped for the revamp.

Susan Savia

i was there yesterday and thought the park looked great. THe christmas decorations at AK were still up as of today , and they were still up at MK yesterday.

Biff215

Not sure about the lifetime pass but I'm pretty sure he bought the old Disneyland sign before DCA opened. Big Disney fan.

Off topic, but back in 2000 I was a lifeguard at Blizzard and got to walk John and Rebecca all the way up to Summit Plummet before the park opened one morning. Neither were interested in riding, so we walked back down. Nice people though.

What's this about Small World's goodbye scene? Would be great to see some improvement there, it has always looked cheap to me, especially as the boats are cascading!

Darth Sidious

i was there yesterday and thought the park looked great. THe christmas decorations at AK were still up as of today , and they were still up at MK yesterday.

They were removed overnight, so gone today. They were still up at TPfkaDMGMS lol

The queue and ride updates are for the announced project. I'd assume Tony Baxter was around because I believe this is his project. Perhaps he is even working on Splash because that was his too.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom