Magic Kingdom Christmas lights

NutsForFlorida

Original Poster
I have a question about the lights at Magic Kingdom. If I do not go to the Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party, what lights will I be able to see? And what lights/things won't I be able to see? Like for instance, the lighting of the castle. Is that every night or just extra for the MVMCP? Please let me know. Thanks!

wendysue

The lights on the castle are the same every night. I think the fireworks show is different on MVMCP nights. We were there on Monday night and there were perimeter fireworks as well. Not sure if they do those every other night. MVMCP was fantastic. We really enjoyed it.

Attachments

• CIMG0319.JPG
    CIMG0319.JPG
    263.7 KB · Views: 24

JustInTime

It depends on when you go. I know that right now they only light the castle during the party and Holiday Wishes is only during the party. It changes a couple of weeks before Christmas, or so I have been told.

wendysue

It depends on when you go. I know that right now they only light the castle during the party and Holiday Wishes is only during the party. It changes a couple of weeks before Christmas, or so I have been told.

I guess I thought they lighted the castle every night, as it was lighted on Sunday night when we were there as well. Maybe that was a test run or something.

TinkIce

Is this something that they've changed? Cause every year I've gone down in the first week of December, they've always lit the castle every night around 5:30, even on MVMCP nights :shrug:

They also do show Wishes, but at an earlier time on MVMCP nights, and it's the regular Wishes show, not the Holiday show.

tmack8983

They light the castle every night,it also change colors periodicaly, and all the christmas decorations will be up. The only difference is that mvcmcp has a speical parade, a special perimeter firework show and free hot choclate,mvmcp is a real cool experience, but you'll still be able to see alot of christmas decorations without it. Dont forget to check out the osborne family spectacle dancing lights at HS, you'll enjoy it.

rct247

Cinderella's Holiday Wish (Castle Lighting Ceremony) is at 6:15pm right now. Even on party nights, regular day guests can see it. The castle lights are also incorporated into Wishes (regular) on non-party nights. When I mean incorporated in, they appear at the end. The castle is lighted even on non-party nights.

Christmas decorations can be enjoyed by regular day guests on party and non-party nights as well. As dusk, the lights come on for those decorations just like other park lights.

Once Upon a Christmastime Parade & Holiday Wishes are only being show as part of Mickey's Very Merry Christmas Party. After December 19th when the Christmas parties end, the parade and fireworks are shown to day guests. Once Upon a Christmastime replaces Celebrate a Dream Come True and Holiday Wishes replaces Wishes from December 19th-ish to New Year's Eve.

New Year's Eve has it's special festivities and then everything returns to normal I believe.

NutsForFlorida

Original Poster
Cool. Thanks for all your informative help. We're going to Magic Kingdom on 12/1. It's not a MVMCP night. That's why I was wondering what we could see that day. Thanks!!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom