Magic Kingdom at night

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Original Poster
Hello!

So whats fun or magical to see in Magic Kingdom at night?

My family and I have not walked around Magic Kingdom at night after the fireworks.
Either too tired, or there was the Xmas party going on, or something else.

With the kids older this time, I am hoping to stay at night for a while.
and do rides start to shut down?

Tom

Beta Return
Everything closes at park closing time, so just check the park hours for when you'll be there. Often times, the park will still be open after fireworks.

Personally, I think the MK is ten times as incredible at night. I could just walk around the park without riding anything at night.

Florida_is_hot

The attractions shut down at park close, but if you are in a queue the park closes they let you ride.
I believe you have up to an hour to clear Main Street USA.

The park hours change day to day not sure what the Magic Kingdom is today.

Now if you are a resort guest then some nights they have Extra Magic Hours, not all attractions may stay open.

ABQ

Everything closes at park closing time, so just check the park hours for when you'll be there. Often times, the park will still be open after fireworks.

Personally, I think the MK is ten times as incredible at night. I could just walk around the park without riding anything at night.
I think the area by the Mad Tea Party is especially visually stunning after dark, once the lanterns in the trees are all lit and the like. Never mind that the Haunted Mansion looks great at dark.

Dole Whip Happy Hour

Original Poster
Now if you are a resort guest then some nights they have Extra Magic Hours, not all attractions may stay open.
To be more specific, we are staying at a WDW resort and I booked the Wishes Dessert Party on a night the park was open a little later. Now they have changed the extra magic hours till 1:00 AM WOOHOO!
So I figure, the kids and I will be flying on sugar, and we should have plenty of time to really wander around and let the sugar wear off.
Once went to the Very Merry Xmas party, and many rides were closed, and it was packed and the kids were little, and Mom ( me) was cranky from no naps, so we didn't stay. So I wasn't sure how many rides stay open
on a normal extra magic hours night.

Last edited:

Bob

B00b
Premium Member
MK at night during EMH is my absolute favorite time to be there. The entire park has a unique personality at night with all of the lighting. Tomorrowland looks 10,000 times better at night IMHO.

Mukta

I love riding the rockets, peoplemover, big thunder, and some other outside rides at night. It gives you a different feeling than the daytime.

Bairstow

I love big thunder mountain at night, one of my fave things to do at night!

Same goes for Jungle Cruise, Astro Orbiter, and Splash Mountain.
The Magic Kingdom has a lot of great outdoor rides with some really cool lighting effects at night.

Adventureland and Tomorrowland are especially fun to stroll through when it gets dark.

Also, if you're interested in trying that Treasure of the Seven Seas scavenger hunt game at Adventureland, it's much more impressive at night due to all the dynamic lighting built into the scenes. A lot of the work put into this attraction isn't even visible in daylight conditions. The various stations are also usually less crowded too, making the game a lot more fun.

http://www./wp-content/uploads/2013/05/0531ZX_0168GD-640x498.jpg

disney4life2008

The Magic Kingdom (along with Epcot and AK) come alive at night. I absolutely love MSUSA with the lights and castle. My favorite thing to do is close out the park. I grab a seat at Casey's with my dogs and pop - and sit looking at the castle watching kiss goodnight - people watching. I also enjoy getting a dole whip and walking around adventureland. My other fav is being in Liberty Sqaure/Fronteirland listning to the music loop eating popcorn.

luv

All the parks are different and wonderful at night. I think the treehouse closes early, but maybe not. Always check the Times Guide for things that close before the park. :)

I like to ride Big Thunder, Splash and the TTA at night. The Haunted Mansion wait is a little cooler, because it is creepier when it's dark outside. Mostly, I just like the whole park atmosphere. :)

WDWoptmist

The Magic Kingdom is unbelievable at night. BTM is such a cool experience at night and so is Splash (seeing the castle all lit up before you drop!) Main Street lit up at night with the castle in the back ground is the best view of any in WDW IMO

James122

In my opinion, both the Magic Kingdom and Epcot are parks that simply have to be experienced at night. One of my favorite nighttime areas is Main Street/ the hub. Main Street at night is such a wonderful atmosphere, especially when you walk from town square to the hub and you see the castle illuminated at the end of the street. I love to stroll through Tomorrowland at night and see it lit with all the neon lights.

wdwmomof3

We love all of the parks at night. Last week we left MK at 1:15 am and it was awesome. We closed Epcot and DHS too! The parks are beautiful at night.b

draybook

Nothing compares to the MK at night if you ask me. It just transforms into a whole new world when everything is lit up.

Clowd Nyne

My family recently hung out in the tangled area after the park closed. We have small children who love the movie. The area is beautifully detailed and we were all able to appreciate it more when it was empty. The most special part was that the music from the dance scene still plays. Our whole family reenacted the scene. At the end of the song my four year old would shout "To the boats!"

DisneyDelirious

Super structures are my specialty!
Premium Member
As stated above, it just takes on that much more special of a feeling at night. The lights, the sounds, the smell of popcorn, holding my wife and watching Wishes. Just taking some time to slowly stroll the park or have a seat and take a breath and soak it all in. Enjoying a sundae from The Plaza Ice Cream Parlor is another great way to sit and take it in. The crowds are often less and you can see and take time to pick up on the little nuances of the park. Closing out the MK involves some of our favorite family memories.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom