Magic Key Renewals?

Disstevefan1

That whole second paragraph is confusing and unnecessary. Of course assuming that we’ve heard is true and that anyone who tries to renew in the designated timeframes will be allowed to.
It makes you wonder.
We know there are no NEW Magic key being sold.
Is it possible they are looking to further limit Magic Key Holders by limiting renewals?

Sailor310

Original Poster
So far, I've been in the queue 3 hours. Status bar is only half way. Started after 9, 12:00 now.

5 hours so far. Down to 10 min.

Last edited:

Th3 DUd3

Done. There is a problem if you go through the app. It won’t put you in the right page so you have to delete the app while you are in queue, then when they give you the green light you re-install the app and move forward. That or use a PC and not have any issues.

See some of you reeeeeeal soon. Just not on Christmas or NYE😉🙃😉

Disstevefan1

That is the way we worked back then. I never had an Atari 800XL. I had a modified Atari 400 and upgraded to an Atari 130XE. My desk still kind of looked like that except with a bigger 13" color tv.
Everything looked right to me in the photo except for the white plastic shelves, they feel too recent for me :)

Sailor310

Original Poster
Done. There is a problem if you go through the app. It won’t put you in the right page so you have to delete the app while you are in queue, then when they give you the green light you re-install the app and move forward. That or use a PC and not have any issues.

See some of you reeeeeeal soon. Just not on Christmas or NYE😉🙃😉
There is a gang going to the beach today and I'm sitting here looking at the wait bar on my computer. I didn't even thing of taking my dumb phone to the beach and using the app.:mad:

SoCalDisneyLover

I suspect nobody knows the answer to this question. I don't have a Key, and I had been considering the Believe Key before they suspended sales of it last year. My thinking is that they're waiting to see how many people renew, before opening up sales again for the Keys.

So my question is this. I know they're supposedly allowing renewals within the 30 day window prior to pass expiration. But what deadline did they impose in order to be allowed to renew a pass? Meaning, do those people who have passes which expire next week, only have until their expiration date to renew? I think Disney used to give a grace period, where you could still renew for a certain period of time after your pass expired. Is that still the case, or are you SOL if your expiration date has passed?

I ask, because I'm wondering at what point Disney will know how many chose not to renew, meaning they know how many new passes can be sold. I think they may be waiting until 2023 to open up new sales, but perhaps, if there is a big # of non-renewals, they would be forced to sell them sooner, so as not to experience a significant drop off in # of keyholders for the remainder of 2022.

Emmanuel

Entered the "pre-queue" for renewals a bit before 9am and a few minutes later was in the queue for about 4 hours. Did not encounter any issues and was able to get monthly payments for the Inspire Key.

The app, once you renew, will tell you that your new pass will appear once your current one expires for obvious reasons. You are able to make park reservations for your renewed pass immediately after so in my case, I can make 12 total park reservations, 6 with my Dream key and 6 with the Inspire.

Some known issues some people are getting that i'm seeing on Twitter:

1.) Despite being a SoCal Resident, some aren't seeing an option to do monthly payments while others are automatically shown the monthly payments with the option to pay in full.

2.) Some make it to the end only for a crash to happen forcing them to go back in line and start over again.

3.) Some are trying to renew from the app only to be led to the website.

Some got to renew after less than 4 hours in the queue while others are still waiting over 6 hours later.

Sailor310

Original Poster
I waited 5 hours. starting at 9:15AM. I used the PC. No problems, but I went to pay and here's this huge number. It had me paying my linked friend's pass too. It had a "pay later" button for his pass.
I see I can make reservations on the new pass also. I made one for a Sunday in September....just because I never have been able to in 25? 30? years of owning passes on and off. I mentioned earlier I went up to the Enchant Key because, I have friends that often go Sundays and Sundays have been much lighter than weekdays all summer. I did a quick scan of ISITPACKED? and Touring Plans and it seemed like Sundays are a good bet most of the year. Touring Plans not so much. IsItPacked? often gives Sundays a "Best Bet" on really crowded weeks all year.

Last edited:

CaptinEO

I waited 5 hours. starting at 9:15AM. I used the PC. No problems, but I went to pay and here's this huge number. It had me paying my linked friend's pass too. It had a "pay later" button for his pass.
I see I can make reservations on the new pass also. I made one for a Sunday in September....just because I never have been able to in 25? 30? years of owning passes on and off. I mentioned earlier I went up to the Enchant Key because, I have friends that often go Sundays and Sundays have been much lighter than weekdays all summer. I did a quick scan of ISITPACKED? and Touring Plans and it seemed like Sundays are a good bet most of the year. Touring Plans not so much. IsItPacked? often gives Sundays a "Best Bet" on really crowded weeks all year.
Pre pandemic it always seemed to me weekdays were the worst, Saturdays were the best, and Sundays were somewhere in between. I think the pass and ticket prices are what makes this happen.

Vegas Disney Fan

Is this a sign a lot of keys didn’t renew?

1 sold out day in the next 3 months… never saw that last year, weekends would be gone a couple months in advance.

26C5013A-2E4B-44EA-9455-E697278EA2C8.png

SoCalDisneyLover

Is this a sign a lot of keys didn’t renew?

1 sold out day in the next 3 months… never saw that last year, weekends would be gone a couple months in advance.

View attachment 667509
Yeah, there's simply no way they got 100% renewals. That combined with the fact this isn't the 1st Halloween & Holiday Season Post-Pandemic, means less of the Non-Keyholder public is itching to visit Disneyland.

I'm sure they'll have another 3-Day offer if attendance is flat. At this point, I don't think they're going to put Keys on sale again, until after the 1st of year. I suppose they could start sales once the 1 year period following the date they stopped sales of Dream & Believe has passed, to see how many of those ended up renewing.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom