Magic Bands Split Stay

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
So I booked a vacation for September at a single resort a while back, made all my Fastpass selections and ADRs, and customized my Magic Bands. Just this week I decided to split the stay, so changed to of my days to another resort. I noticed today on MDE that I now have to Magic Band orders, one for the original resort and one for the new one and I am being asked to customize the new ones. Will I need to separate sets of Magic Bands or is there a way to combine them?

Tom

Beta Return
Here's something we learned in January, when we had a split stay. You need to physically "check out" of the first resort before you check in to the second one. This is especially important if you have a Dining Plan on either of them, but can also affect other things, like door access.

The reason being, as it was explained to us by a front desk manager after trying to get our leftover credits to port over and get our bands to work, is that the system can't activate all the features of your second reservation while the first one is still active. And since the first one is active until midnight, you have to physically stop it.

danlb_2000

Premium Member
Original Poster
Here's something we learned in January, when we had a split stay. You need to physically "check out" of the first resort before you check in to the second one. This is especially important if you have a Dining Plan on either of them, but can also affect other things, like door access.

The reason being, as it was explained to us by a front desk manager after trying to get our leftover credits to port over and get our bands to work, is that the system can't activate all the features of your second reservation while the first one is still active. And since the first one is active until midnight, you have to physically stop it.

Thanks for the tip! This is actually the first time we will be doing a split stay and the first time staying at a deluxe resort.

HurricaneHanna

I'm glad that I read this as we never go to the desk to check out, especially since the final credit card charges are now emailed. A question though, if we do officially check out of resort #1, I assume we would have to do this by 11 AM, would we still be able to access things at resort #1 until we go over to resort #2 later in the day? For example, will our magicbands still access the elevator for the club lounge floor? Would we still be able to use the pool at resort #1 if they're scanning bands? Or do we have to basically check out and head immediately to resort #2 and do those things there?

Foltzy

The Magicbands are interchangeable I believe. So, if you wish, you can get two colors and wear them on different days.

Tom

Beta Return
I'm glad that I read this as we never go to the desk to check out, especially since the final credit card charges are now emailed. A question though, if we do officially check out of resort #1, I assume we would have to do this by 11 AM, would we still be able to access things at resort #1 until we go over to resort #2 later in the day? For example, will our magicbands still access the elevator for the club lounge floor? Would we still be able to use the pool at resort #1 if they're scanning bands? Or do we have to basically check out and head immediately to resort #2 and do those things there?

Good questions...I have no idea. You don't have to check out by 11, just be out of your room. You just need to "check out" at the front desk before you check in at resort 2.

And it's likely you'll encounter CMs at front desk #1 who say "you don't need to check out". We only learned about this glitch because a senior trainer was helping the girl who was Earning Her Ears at BLT check in. She even showed the girl how to roll our extra dining credits to reservation#2, which is not a capability they want to advertise.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom