Magic Bands & Military

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Hello,

Just a bit confused. We hope to go to WDW next January and we always purchase discount park hopper via Shades of Green because we have a family member in the National Guard. If we do this, then I'm guessing they don't mail magic bands to our home and we get them when we arrive? So confused. Any help would be appreciated. :)

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Thank you for finding that. I'm bummed that we can't do the Magic Bands unless we are staying at a resort. We always rent a house in Clermont because it's cheaper and after we get in for the night we want to hangout in the hot tub/pool at the house and have a couple of drinks. I'd hate to give that luxury up to stay on property sonI can get a Magic Band... Oh well, sacrifices! Thanks again.

Victor Kelly

Buy some. They are not that expensive. We will be getting designer ones for the next trip. Most are $25. Keep them for souvenirs or reuse them if you go to Disney a lot. They are associated with a computer program, it is the Disney computer that references the coded magic band RFID number. Re-usable, re-programable.

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Ok! Problem solved then - I misunderstood - I thought you only could get and use them if you stayed on property. Live that idea of saving them as souvenirs and reusing them in later years. Thanks :)

MagicHappens1971

Ok! Problem solved then - I misunderstood - I thought you only could get and use them if you stayed on property. Live that idea of saving them as souvenirs and reusing them in later years. Thanks :)
Do keep in mind that the battery is only supposed to last 3 years, and also consider just buying the regular ones which are 12.95, and the printed/special event ones range from $20-30

ItlngrlBella

Original Poster
Good to know - I have no idea because I haven't been following the Magic Band news since we were there (and they hadn't rolled them out). It's like you need a book on this stuff!

Last edited:

MagicHappens1971

Good to know - I have no idea because I haven't been following the Magic Band news since we're we there (and they hadn't rolled them out). It's like you need a book on this stuff!
These are the basic http://www.disneystore.com/magicband/mn/1024701/ 12.95 ones the seven colors
http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...ving-in-december-at-walt-disney-world-resort/ & http://disneyparks.disney.go.com/bl...to-kick-off-2015-at-walt-disney-world-resort/ - Some of the 19.95 ones. And the 2015 one is 24.95 which is a great souvenir which is about a $13 dollar difference from the basic ones which could be used to buy another basic one if you get what I mean. And the $30 ones are exclusive to Special Events and such, and make special colors and noises at the touch points

MagicHappens1971

C.C.O.

It is more than a souvenir My family and I use the MWR discount tickets as well. You can re-associate your card with the magic band to get into the parks, set up your Fast Passes, and do Photopass. The only thing you obviously can't do is use it to get into your room if you are staying at Shades (We also asked about this and they stated that they used a different frequency and by law could not use the same one as Disney even though they use the same tech in Shades now) You also can't use it to purchase since the purchasing ability is related to your Disney room and not to a Credit Card. We bought the Magic Bands within the first hour of being at a Disney park and left our cards in our room. Just make sure you have a WDW account so you can link your cards to that account which then automatically link the Magic Bands once you buy them. SO much easier to keep track of something attached to you.

MagicHappens1971

It is more than a souvenir My family and I use the MWR discount tickets as well. You can re-associate your card with the magic band to get into the parks, set up your Fast Passes, and do Photopass. The only thing you obviously can't do is use it to get into your room if you are staying at Shades (We also asked about this and they stated that they used a different frequency and by law could not use the same one as Disney even though they use the same tech in Shades now) You also can't use it to purchase since the purchasing ability is related to your Disney room and not to a Credit Card. We bought the Magic Bands within the first hour of being at a Disney park and left our cards in our room. Just make sure you have a WDW account so you can link your cards to that account which then automatically link the Magic Bands once you buy them. SO much easier to keep track of something attached to you.
If you were talking about my comment meaning it was a souvenir, we get them for free as passholders, and as resort guests when we stay. I just meant if she was going to buy them it would be a nice souvenir for her trip.

WDW 3

In December we got a email with our ticket numbers. On My Disney Experience we linked the numbers to individuals in our party. We got to Shades, picked up our tickets and went to Guest Services to activate the tickets. I brought the list of numbers and who had each ticket so they were activated in the correct name. The 3 of us were using 2 4 day tickets so guest services activated them on one Disney hard ticket each as an 8 day pass. Inside the park we bought our Magic Bands and had them linked to our Disney ticket. It was easy :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom