Magic Bands, Hard-Ticketed events and FP+

LucyK

Original Poster
I'll experience both being offsite and onsite for the Halloween and Christmas parties. There's no need to link MNSSHP tickets to MDE since I'll be off site and will have to use the kiosks anyway, but I'd like to link the MVMCP to it to be able to make advanced FP+ selections for the pre-party hours we are allowed inside the parks.

Last year I read a lot of reviews about MNSSHP and MVMCP tickets acting up when they were linked to MDE to make FP+ selection, ie; the band not recognizing your event ticket and using one of your ticket days to grant you access to the party if you're entering MK before 7PM, FP+ not working during pre-party hours.

Do you think WDW management will do something to rectify all that for this year's parties?

stevehousse

Last years Xmas party, we linked out tickets so we could do FPs right when we got there from 4-7pm. We actually took our real tickets with us just to be safe an used those so we wouldn't have any issues...

LucyK

Original Poster
So you used the media ticket they sent you to enter but were able to use FP+? Did you noticed if there was a decrease on the FP+ available to you on later days.

I'm somewhat confused in what really gives you access to FP+, is it the ticket or the resort stay? I'm staying for 13 days onsite but only have tickets for 10 days. Can I make FP+ for all 13 days or only 10?

stevehousse

Nothing wrong happened. Yes I entered the party ticket into MDE and I was able to enter 1 more day for FP+ picks. I will say that It gave me times as if I was at the parks all day, and had to modify them to be back to back so the FPs were for 4-7pm, when they let u into the park early for the party.

We used our party tickets to enter the park and did not scan our bands to entr. No problems using our FP picks...I'm not sure if there is a limited days to pick FP since u r there for so many days but that's what happened for us. We stayed on property. U should be able to make FP for all your ticket days even if u aren't staying on site te whole time.

Rob562

A few clarifications (and this is all based on *current* policies, which can change at any time):

-To make *advance* FP+ reservations, you need to be staying in a Disney resort. You also need to have a park ticket linked to your MDE profile.

-You can only make as many days of FP+ reservations as there are on your ticket. Apparently adding an additional ticket like a Party ticket gives you an additional day that you can make FP+ reservations for, but if you plan on only using the Party ticket to enter the MK that day, you'll need to make sure that the FP+ is only scheduled between 4p and 7p. (It's possible that glitch/loophole/oversight has been fixed, we won't know until we get much closer to the next hard-ticket event this fall)

-Guests who previously stayed on-site and have a Band can still access advance FP+ reservations, either through an Annual Pass or additional tickets, even if they're not staying on-site now. APs not staying on-site are limited to 7 days of FP+ reservations at one time.

-Off-site Guests only have access to same-day FP+ reservations made at in-park kiosks.

-Rob

Last edited:

ratherbeinwdw

So you used the media ticket they sent you to enter but were able to use FP+? Did you noticed if there was a decrease on the FP+ available to you on later days.

I'm somewhat confused in what really gives you access to FP+, is it the ticket or the resort stay? I'm staying for 13 days onsite but only have tickets for 10 days. Can I make FP+ for all 13 days or only 10?
Your fastpass amount is for the days of tickets you have, not length of resort stay. So you could only make fp+ for 10 days, however, since you only have 10 day tickets you can only get into the park for 10 days, so you would have no need for 13 days of fastpasses.

RonAnnArbor

If you have a magic band you can link your hard paper tickets to your magic band -- if you are in the park that day, you still have to go to one of the stations to get your paper wristband for the party.
They do not do fastpass+ AT the special event parties -- fastpasses are available through the (latest) 6 - 7 slot -- there are no fastpasses for the actual halloween or christmas parties -- you don't need them, the ride lines are negligible to non-existant since everyone is participating in the other activities...
The hard ticketed events have zero impact on your available fastpass+ either that same day, nor any of your other days.

stevehousse

If you have a magic band you can link your hard paper tickets to your magic band -- if you are in the park that day, you still have to go to one of the stations to get your paper wristband for the party.
They do not do fastpass+ AT the special event parties -- fastpasses are available through the (latest) 6 - 7 slot -- there are no fastpasses for the actual halloween or christmas parties -- you don't need them, the ride lines are negligible to non-existant since everyone is participating in the other activities...
The hard ticketed events have zero impact on your available fastpass+ either that same day, nor any of your other days.
You are able to make FP+ reservations for party days even if u only go to the party. They don't have FP during the event. But u r able to enter the parks starting at 4pm. You certainly can have a FP from 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7 even if u only have a party ticket. We did this for the Xmas party. It even gave me times that we're before I was able to enter the park and manually had to switch them to the 4-7pm slots.

LucyK

Original Poster
Thank you for all the responses.

I'll be off-site when we go for the Halloween party but on site for the Christmas party. So, in theory (and if nothing changes till then) I can link my Christmas party ticket to the the bands and use it to book FP+ from 4PM to 7PM even if I used the actual media ticket to enter. Got that.
You are able to make FP+ reservations for party days even if u only go to the party. They don't have FP during the event. But u r able to enter the parks starting at 4pm. You certainly can have a FP from 4-5, 5-6, and 6-7 even if u only have a party ticket. We did this for the Xmas party. It even gave me times that we're before I was able to enter the park and manually had to switch them to the 4-7pm slots.
This is what I want. I don't plan to ride too many rides during the parties, I want to meet characters and enjoy the atmosphere but using FP+ before the party starts will help knock off a lot of our to-do list!

CTXRover

This thread sort of had the answer I was looking for, so I thought I would bump it up instead of making a new thread for clarification purposes. I don't know if anyone has any further insight though since the full roll out of FP+ hadn't occurred before the special events last year, but here goes.

We will be visiting MK for one day after an upcoming DCL vacation. We will be staying on-site, so we'll all be getting a Magic Band. After some thought, we decided to go to MVMCP for our MK experience rather than buying a one day pass for the 8 people in our group.

Since we will ONLY have a MVMCP ticket linked to our accounts and no other active ticket media, will we be given the ability of booking FP+ selections before our trip for rides between 4-7pm?

Thanks in advance.

FlyTriPacer

Since we will ONLY have a MVMCP ticket linked to our accounts and no other active ticket media, will we be given the ability of booking FP+ selections before our trip for rides between 4-7pm?

Thanks in advance.

My wife and I are heading down to WDW on 12/4 for the MVMCP and returning 12/5. I have already linked my MVMCP tickets to MDE. When looking at MDE it appears that when my FP+ window opens, I'll be eligible to select for times through at least the 4-7 hours.

MVMCP Tickets.jpg
Fastpass+ for MVMCP.jpg

stevehousse

When u do FP for the party day, it'll actually give u times for all day...select the rides u want and just go with any selection of times it throws at u. Then u will need to go back and change your own times to reflect 4-7pm...

The system only recognizes that u have some sort of ticket media that enables u to select FP+. It doesn't know that u have a party ticket that is only good from 4-7pm...

CTXRover

My wife and I are heading down to WDW on 12/4 for the MVMCP and returning 12/5. I have already linked my MVMCP tickets to MDE. When looking at MDE it appears that when my FP+ window opens, I'll be eligible to select for times through at least the 4-7 hours.

View attachment 58657
View attachment 58658
When u do FP for the party day, it'll actually give u times for all day...select the rides u want and just go with any selection of times it throws at u. Then u will need to go back and change your own times to reflect 4-7pm...

The system only recognizes that u have some sort of ticket media that enables u to select FP+. It doesn't know that u have a party ticket that is only good from 4-7pm...

Thank you both very much. Very helpful. That is what we will do then.

DisneyGigi

Is there a need to link them if you have purchased memory maker? We have a ticket for all the days but they are sending us paper tickets for the MNSSHP party. I was just wandering how the photopass will work if we just use the paper tickets and have not linked them to MDE. Definitely want to make sure we get all of the party photos on there.

jessfriends

If I have an AP linked to my account and magic band and I also have a special event ticket (MNSSHP) linked to my account and magic band and I enter after 4pm but before 7pm how do they know which ticket to use or do I have to present the special event RFID card to let them know I want to use that to enter the park? I have a couple FP+ times at 5pm and 6pm too so I am assuming since everything is linked there will be not problem using those.

Tuvalu

If I have an AP linked to my account and magic band and I also have a special event ticket (MNSSHP) linked to my account and magic band and I enter after 4pm but before 7pm how do they know which ticket to use or do I have to present the special event RFID card to let them know I want to use that to enter the park? I have a couple FP+ times at 5pm and 6pm too so I am assuming since everything is linked there will be not problem using those.
Just enter the park with your AP. As it approaches party time, look for the specially dressed cast members who have the wristbands for the party. Simply present your MNSSHP RFID ticket and you will get your wristband and be on your way!

JohnD

Actually, I would present the MNSSHP ticket before 7pm and get your wristband then and there. No having to fuss around again at 7pm. (If it's already linked to your account, just use your MB). For all intents and purposes, the party ticket is considered a one-day pass and acts just like any other pass for FP+. The difference, obviously, is that you cannot enter prior to 7 so you can get your three rides in that three hour time period. Be aware that the FP+ may begin prior to 4 giving you less time to get to it.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom