Magic bands for off sight guests

Amy Brewer

Original Poster
Originally we were planning on staying in a Disney hotel before we ended up booking a villa off sight for a week in september.
I was mainly upset by the fact that I wouldn't be getting a magic band sent in the post all the way to the Uk, but i quickly got over this because i know the villa is 5 mins from animal kingdom and it has its own pool.

I've been looking around the internet and have found people saying that you can buy magic bands in select shops if your not an on site guest and they can be linked up.
To me having a magic band is a big craze which I would pay the money to be apart of.
Can I get a bit more information on this please.
- Is the price $12 dollars?
-Is it possible to purchase them?
-Linking them up to park tickets, do you have to return to the same shop or can your ticket and fast passes be linked for the whole trip?

Any extra info would be great!

cw1982

-They're $12.95 (I think)
-Yes, you can purchase them. They are for sale at numerous shops at all of the parks and at DTD
-Once they are linked to your account, they are linked to everything in that account, including tickets, fastpasses, and anything else in the account. It's a one time process that is very quick and painless. You can make it go even quicker by having a My Disney Experience account already created before you leave for your trip.

BigTxEars

I am a big fan of MB, if we were not to get them for staying on property we would buy them to use in the parks. I would just have to give up a single margarita at the parks to buy one, that is a fair trade :)

Rob562

For off-site guests, the Bands are simply a convenience factor. They will only work for things where you'd have to tap your park ticket if you didn't have a Band, namely the park entrance and the FP+ posts and kiosks. They obviously won't open your hotel room door and they can't be used for any kind of charging account because you're not on-site.

And FYI, even if you were staying on-site, the Bands wouldn't have been sent to you ahead of time. They only ship to Guests who live in the U.S. In those instances of international Geusts, they have them waiting for you when you check into your hotel.

-Rob

FrostyNaples

I'm hoping some day, they will allow online purchase via the Disney online store. This whole systems is a work in progress, with increasing popularity.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom