Magic Bands & e-certificates

mdouglass

Original Poster
Hi, all!

I'm not new to the annual passholder experience, but am new to the whole magic bands experience. My husband and I just purchased annual passes after not having them for a couple of years. I was told when I purchased them that I could use my "e-certificate" number to link my annual passes to my "My Disney Experience" account. I did that successfully and was told by the WDW rep over the phone that in a couple of days I should be able to see an active link to "order & customize" my magic bands. It's been about a week and I do not see this link anywhere that she told me it would be. My husband and I were hoping to have them prior to our trip at the end of May and it's my understanding that they are free to passholders. I am wondering if the fact that the passes as of now, are in e-certificate form, rather than an actual cards, might be why I am not seeing this "link" for the magic bands. I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if this is covered in another thread and I appreciate any light that might be shed on my question. Thanks!

40goingon7

Hi, all!

I'm not new to the annual passholder experience, but am new to the whole magic bands experience. My husband and I just purchased annual passes after not having them for a couple of years. I was told when I purchased them that I could use my "e-certificate" number to link my annual passes to my "My Disney Experience" account. I did that successfully and was told by the WDW rep over the phone that in a couple of days I should be able to see an active link to "order & customize" my magic bands. It's been about a week and I do not see this link anywhere that she told me it would be. My husband and I were hoping to have them prior to our trip at the end of May and it's my understanding that they are free to passholders. I am wondering if the fact that the passes as of now, are in e-certificate form, rather than an actual cards, might be why I am not seeing this "link" for the magic bands. I'm new to this forum, so I apologize in advance if this is covered in another thread and I appreciate any light that might be shed on my question. Thanks!

We had a similar problem for our trip in Nov. A call to the help line allowed us to get up and running with the MDE and Fastpass+. Only issue was actually linking the e- ticket to the magic band-we had to go to the ticket window at MK (we were trying to get to the fireworks show the night we arrived). Plan for time in a line but the call should help you get set up.

sjhym333

I just added my wife's AP to MDE so I just went back to look at the ecertificate to check on something. When we went to the ticket booth and my wife got her AP and we added it to MDE, in less then an hour she had FP+ capabilities and her MagicBand order was waiting for her on MDE. Checking at her old ecertificate I don't see the ticket number that I ended up putting into her MDE anywhere. That may be the problem. You may actually have to get you AP in hand before an actual ticket number is generated that MDE recognizes.

wagnerdanp

Sorry for the old thread bump...

I just purchased a yellow annual pass exchange certificate from my local disney store. I could not see how I could type any dates/numbers from my certificate into the my disney experience website so that I could link my certificate to make AP hotel reservations and eventually fastpass+ selections.

Has anyone had any luck in linking an exchange certificate? Or is there a special website I need to go to? Any help would be appreciated!!!

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Sorry for the old thread bump...

I just purchased a yellow annual pass exchange certificate from my local disney store. I could not see how I could type any dates/numbers from my certificate into the my disney experience website so that I could link my certificate to make AP hotel reservations and eventually fastpass+ selections.

Has anyone had any luck in linking an exchange certificate? Or is there a special website I need to go to? Any help would be appreciated!!!
Call. We had to link over the phone.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom