Magic Band

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
So for anyone wondering if the Magic Band will extend beyond their "testing" dates...I just got the OK to go ahead and pick them out for my family and I, as well as pick out our fast passes! We are staying at Pop Nov16-25!

I find it quite simple and easy, and I am having no trouble selecting the rides that I want and they are giving me 4 time selections!

Poofiesdream

We have annual passes and can't link them to our bands. Many calls later and talked to so many people it can not yet be done with all AP's. They are a hit or miss if the number will be taken. So no fastpass+ reservations for us! Thats a bummer!!

jim1051

We are going next week, had no prob linking AP ? My problem was my son and his family are going with us staying at BCV. They had their own tix linked to their MDE. So we had to essentially link our MDE to theirs and select " often travel with us" on my MDE and theirs.

EnchantedRose

Original Poster
I booked a package deal, so my tickets are part of it. I assume they already come linked to my MagicBand.

I had no trouble selecting the color, or picking out what rides i wanted. I managed to get TSMM for the days we are in DHS, I also got to select Fantasmic - which i find to be great since we'll have a 9 month old with us and don't really want to wait an hour beforehand! All in all, I have to say the process was painless, I did it in a few minutes. Now the real test will come when we head over there and actually use them!

lunchbox1175

We have annual passes and can't link them to our bands. Many calls later and talked to so many people it can not yet be done with all AP's. They are a hit or miss if the number will be taken. So no fastpass+ reservations for us! Thats a bummer!!
I was just there and had mine linked without any problems, you first need to link your AP to your MDE account, once you do that, you can link your Magic Band to it.

jl2081

I wish they would let ap holders who haven't stayed at a test resort get them. Haven't had any luck with the resorts we have stayed at so far this year be the test ones. Oh well, in due time I guess.

JimJam

Im a little bit confused.... I am staying at BC in late November. Will we get them? Also, If we do, then when should we expect the magicband info?

Dubman

Im a little bit confused.... I am staying at BC in late November. Will we get them? Also, If we do, then when should we expect the magicband info?

I would keep checking your My Disney Experience everyday, if not every hour or 2 during the day.. Also, check in online as soon as you are allowed to do that. It seems as though after I did I was able to do my fastpass+, followed by the magic bands within a few hours. Don't know if that was a coincidence or not.. Good luck!

Dubman

I really hope I get picked!!

As long as you are staying in a Disney Resort I see no reason why you wouldn't. Looks like they have rolled it out to all the resorts. Wouldn't be surprised, like others have said, to see it go live very soon.. Fingers crossed for you!

GoofGoof

Premium Member

As long as you have your park tickets and room reservation linked you probably just need to check in online through the my Disney experience site to get the links. I'm staying 11/16 - 11/23 and just got the FP+ and magic bands section working last night. I had already checked in online but I modified my online checkin and the links became active. They gave me until a month out to customize my bands.

GoofGoof

Premium Member
I presume you need to be Paid in Full before any of that happens. WOrking on it!!
:rolleyes:

I am guessing they won't let you check in online without being paid. I'm not 100% sure that the online check in is necessary but it seems to have been the trigger event for me and a few others. Right now we're not getting any info from Disney so it's anyone's guess how this is all going to work.

TheMouseFan

I presume you need to be Paid in Full before any of that happens. WOrking on it!!
I am not paid in full yet for my Nov. 19-23 trip and I was able to choose FP+ last night and customize Magic Bands this morning. I have been checked in since I was 60 days out.

Poofiesdream

I was just there and had mine linked without any problems, you first need to link your AP to your MDE account, once you do that, you can link your Magic Band to it.

I tryed and they tryed to link my ticket to my account it just keeps saying error. They couldn't even get it to take. They verified the number is right and everything so when I get there they will see what they can do. So much for setting up fastpass+ in advance. They said A lot of people are having the problem!

EnchantedRose

Original Poster

I actually checked in last week, and I am not yet paid in full. I had been checking every day or so to see if I was going to even get the Magic Bands for our trip, and I just so happen to check yesterday and BOOM, the link was there for me to get my Magic Bands. They do ship out at the end of October, so I will be fully paid by then.

I have a friend in Disney right now and they are using them, and she is as AKL - she says they are great so far.

Zipadeelady

So for anyone wondering if the Magic Band will extend beyond their "testing" dates...I just got the OK to go ahead and pick them out for my family and I, as well as pick out our fast passes! We are staying at Pop Nov16-25!

I find it quite simple and easy, and I am having no trouble selecting the rides that I want and they are giving me 4 time selections!
Thanks for the info!

wild01ride

I tryed and they tryed to link my ticket to my account it just keeps saying error. They couldn't even get it to take. They verified the number is right and everything so when I get there they will see what they can do. So much for setting up fastpass+ in advance. They said A lot of people are having the problem!

Ditto! I tried all three of our Passes and it would not accept the Pass #.
I called and went through a half hour or more on the phone and ended up being told "your ticket numbers are not being accepted; ask them to reissue your tickets when you arrive and then you can link them to your Magic Band".

A lot of good the MyMagic+ does for FastPass, etc. once I already arrive! :confused:

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom