Magic band Via Post..?

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Just a quick question..Am I right in saying if I book my WDW resort with Disney or another UK company.Your bands get sent to your home address.?:confused:

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Ok..Spoke to nice American lady on the phone..From Disney UK..Although they are trial running at the moment,she reckons that visitors out with USA will receive their bands on arrival at their resort..

LucyK

When I made my reservations I got an email stating they would send me my MB via mail.

I'm wondering though if I have to be paid in full for them to do that and if that's the case I'll have to make the last payment at least three months prior to my travel date. Mail to Brazil always seems to take at least a month to arrive (that was the case with my Photopass+ package) and since I leave to the US 11 days before I'm set to check-in at POFQ I might miss my magic bands. I'd hate to be stuck with the gray ones!

JustJude

Mine states that they will be shipped home or to a Disney resort. But if you read the FAQ it states that no bands will be posted outside the US. You will get them at check in

Anotherfaceinthecrowd

Yea I heard no shipping outside of US until testing is over but it still makes you put in a mailing address before you can customise them, makes sense:confused:, but from what I have read you will only get them 30 to 10 days before your trip

redpill101

Ok..Spoke to nice American lady on the phone..From Disney UK..Although they are trial running at the moment,she reckons that visitors out with USA will receive their bands on arrival at their resort..
When I called them last week to set mine up they said that they won't ship them outside of the US at the min but will be sat waiting for us when I arrive at POR at the end of Oct...

real mad hatter

Original Poster
When I called them last week to set mine up they said that they won't ship them outside of the US at the min but will be sat waiting for us when I arrive at POR at the end of Oct...
Spot on...I prefer it that way..Id be sitting waiting for the post each day..Did you get to pick your colours and have it customised.?:inlove:

redpill101

Spot on...I prefer it that way..Id be sitting waiting for the post each day..Did you get to pick your colours and have it customised.?:inlove:

Yep logged straight into My Disney Exp and customised :)

Blue for me and Red for the Mrs
The last week we hit the 60 day mark and was allowed to do our fast+
I just hope we still get the box when we pick them up as it's a cool box to store them in for the future :p

real mad hatter

Original Poster
Yep logged straight into My Disney Exp and customised :)

Blue for me and Red for the Mrs
The last week we hit the 60 day mark and was allowed to do our fast+
I just hope we still get the box when we pick them up as it's a cool box to store them in for the future :p
Gonna have to study this for next year..I have the " My Disney Exp " on my I- Pad..Gives you menus etc..Is that the same one..I know you can ADR 180 days + 10 ..But what does the 60 day mark let you book.?:confused:

redpill101

Gonna have to study this for next year..I have the " My Disney Exp " on my I- Pad..Gives you menus etc..Is that the same one..I know you can ADR 180 days + 10 ..But what does the 60 day mark let you book.?:confused:
yea its the same app
180days lets you book dining etc but at the 60 day mark (as long as your staying in the resort and have park tickets) it allows you to book 3 fast passes for your chosen park for the day thru the app.

real mad hatter

Original Poster
yea its the same app
180days lets you book dining etc but at the 60 day mark (as long as your staying in the resort and have park tickets) it allows you to book 3 fast passes for your chosen park for the day thru the app.
I hate modern technology..That means if I wanted to do a FP at Soarin on day 3 of my vacation at 9.30am..I would have to make sure I'am at Epcot in plenty of time..:confused:..Can we still zap the FP machine with our new wrist bands.?..I know there's a huge thread on this subject but I'd get lost on it..Iam a child of the 60's..

redpill101

I hate modern technology..That means if I wanted to do a FP at Soarin on day 3 of my vacation at 9.30am..I would have to make sure I'am at Epcot in plenty of time..:confused:..Can we still zap the FP machine with our new wrist bands.?..I know there's a huge thread on this subject but I'd get lost on it..Iam a child of the 60's..
you can chose what time is best for you with the app either on your phone or in the park

if for instance you decide you want to get to epcot for 9am then grab a coffee or breakfast and have a fast pass for soarin for 10am it will already be planned before you get there and you wont have to rush out to the ride when you get to the park for your fast pass.

It also means while your having breakfast etc you can decide that if you wont have enough time to get to soarin for 10am you can easily open up the app and change the fast pass time to a later time in the day.
Which also means you decide when you want to do things rather than being stuck with a time.

You cant use the normal fp machines but there is a new fp+ screen in the parks to change your reservation or use your phone.

I work in IT have done for the past 15 years and this kinda stuff just adds to my holiday :)

real mad hatter

Original Poster
you can chose what time is best for you with the app either on your phone or in the park

if for instance you decide you want to get to epcot for 9am then grab a coffee or breakfast and have a fast pass for soarin for 10am it will already be planned before you get there and you wont have to rush out to the ride when you get to the park for your fast pass.

It also means while your having breakfast etc you can decide that if you wont have enough time to get to soarin for 10am you can easily open up the app and change the fast pass time to a later time in the day.
Which also means you decide when you want to do things rather than being stuck with a time.

You cant use the normal fp machines but there is a new fp+ screen in the parks to change your reservation or use your phone.

I work in IT have done for the past 15 years and this kinda stuff just adds to my holiday :)
Hmm.Heres my dilemma..I hate mobiles..Great for quick phone calls, and I will not be bringing mine to WDW..I have yet to make a text with a mobile phone..:confused:

redpill101

Hmm.Heres my dilemma..I hate mobiles..Great for quick phone calls, and I will not be bringing mine to WDW..I have yet to make a text with a mobile phone..:confused:
depends when you go but i'm sure it will still be optional if you want to use the bands or have the old style rfid card.

Also there will be plenty of people who won't have their mobiles with them and can just use the screens in the parks and there will be cast members available to help you make your choices as you can see here http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...astpass-kiosk-and-charging-stations/19272.htm

real mad hatter

Original Poster
depends when you go but i'm sure it will still be optional if you want to use the bands or have the old style rfid card.

Also there will be plenty of people who won't have their mobiles with them and can just use the screens in the parks and there will be cast members available to help you make your choices as you can see here http://www.wdwmagic.com/other/mymag...astpass-kiosk-and-charging-stations/19272.htm
All going well..oct 2015..if I need any help at home with PC stuff,it's my DS who helps me out..

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom