Magic band questions

Drew Perry

Original Poster
So I have a question.

I'm going down with two other friends here in August and staying at old key west.

We have three magic bands showing up soon to my house.

One of my friends already has a pink magic band with 1 day left from 2014 when we went. I got her a 2 day with hopper pass. She will now be getting a new pink magic band 2 when it shows up to my house.

Is there a way to combine the pink one sue has with 1 day and the 2 day hopper pass to the new pink one coming in the mail?

Thanks.

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The bands themselves do not have tickets attached to them.

Tickets are attached to your MDE account. Bands are attached to your MDE account. All bands attached to your account identify you as you and when you use any one of them, then the system pulls up your ticket info. Therefore, all bands can be used interchangeably.

Tuvalu

Was the ticket from 2014 purchased with the "No expiration" option? Because if it was purchased as just a park hopper the ticket would have expired 14 days after the first day was used.

If the old ticket is still valid, it should appear in your (or your friend's) My Disney Experience profile.

Clamman73

Nothing really to add from the responses...but first thing to know is what does pink magic band friend have showing on their account? Would list all bands and tickets linked.

Drew Perry

Original Poster
The 3 day no expiration is the pink magic band from 2014. And I recently bought the 2 day park hopper last month.

Since staying at old key west we are getting magic band v2 ones shipped to me so I was hoping take her no expiration and the 2 day hopper and add it to the new pink magic band 2

Attachments

• Screenshot_2017-07-04-21-13-17.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-04-21-13-17.png
    32.4 KB · Views: 60
  • Screenshot_2017-07-04-21-13-22.png
    Screenshot_2017-07-04-21-13-22.png
    29.4 KB · Views: 68

MisterPenguin

President of Animal Kingdom
Premium Member
The 3 day no expiration is the pink magic band from 2014. And I recently bought the 2 day park hopper last month.

Since staying at old key west we are getting magic band v2 ones shipped to me so I was hoping take her no expiration and the 2 day hopper and add it to the new pink magic band 2

As I've posted above, tickets are not attached to bands. They're attached to accounts.

Souvenir

You don't need to do anything. You're already all set up. Either band will work for all admissions. You're overthinking it :)

Rob562

There is nothing to "add to" your new Band, nothing is stored on it.

As others have said, a Band is simply a "pointer" to you in the MDE system. The ticket lives on your MDE profile, not on the Band.
All Bands linked to a profile can be used interchangeably throughout your trip. (I currently have 6 different Bands linked to my MDE profile. In then morning I simply grab the one I want to wear and put it on. There's nothing additional that needs to be done)

So as long as both tickets are listed on your friend's account, there is nothing more to do. She can use either Band and the system will access her tickets when she taps it. (Same with room key, room charge, FP+, etc)

*However*
Here's the important part: Looking at your screen shots, it appears that the new ticket is a Hopper ticket, but the older ticket is not a Hopper. So you'll be limited to not hopping on one of your park days. Let's say your first park day will be the non-hopping day. When she taps her Band to enter the park, she wants to make sure that the admission computer uses the non-hopper ticket first. Otherwise it's possible that the system will use a Hopper days first, and you won't know until you try to use her ticket to hop on the third day that something is wrong.

So she should stop at Guest Relations and have them check to see the priority order that her two tickets are listed in. (I *think* it automatically puts the oldest ticket first, but I'm not confident on that)
If you want to have the non-hopper day be your first day, make sure the non-hopper ticket is listed first. If you want to have the non-hopper day last, have it listed last. And if your non-hopper day is going to be in the middle, it'll require two visits to GR to set the ticket priority orders.

Hope that made sense...

-Rob

Last edited:

Cammie

There is nothing to "add to" your new Band, nothing is stored on it.

As others have said, a Band is simply a "pointer" to you in the MDE system. The ticket lives on your MDE profile, not on the Band.
All Bands linked to a profile can be used interchangeably throughout your trip. (I currently have 6 different Bands linked to my MDE profile. In then morning I simply grab the one I want to wear and put it on. There's nothing additional that needs to be done)

So as long as both tickets are listed on your friend's account, there is nothing more to do. She can use either Band and the system will access her tickets when she taps it. (Same with room key, room charge, FP+, etc)

*However*
Here's the important part: Looking at your screen shots, it appears that the new ticket is a Hopper ticket, but the older ticket is not a Hopper. So you'll be limited to not hopping on one of your park days. Let's say your first park day will be the non-hopping day. When she taps her Band to enter the park, she wants to make sure that the admission computer uses the non-hopper ticket first. Otherwise it's possible that the system will use a Hopper days first, and you won't know until you try to use her ticket to hop on the third day that something is wrong.

So she should stop at Guest Relations and have them check to see the priority order that her two tickets are listed in. (I *think* it automatically puts the oldest ticket first, but I'm not confident on that)
If you want to have the non-hopper day be your first day, make sure the non-hopper ticket is listed first. If you want to have the non-hopper day last, have it listed last. And if your non-hopper day is going to be in the middle, it'll require two visits to GR to set the ticket priority orders.

Hope that made sense...

-Rob

I second what Rob has to say... But you can also call Disney's MDX help desk and have them "prioritize the tickets." The lines at Guest Relations can get lengthy.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom