Magic Band Questions

RachMac

Original Poster
Hey! I booked my first trip to Disney a couple of days ago, however I can't link up my reservations to the MDE app yet which is super frustrating! (I rang up and they said it could take a week to link up.) Anyway, my question is when exactly will I receive my band? I'm from the UK and I'm not sure if they get mailed out before the trip or if I'll receive them as soon as I enter my resort.

Also do I need a hard copy of the theme park tickets or will I be able to enter them just using my magic band? I've already purchased them as part of a package deal.

Thank you! :)

lemon meringue

Magic Bands are only mailed within the US. You'll receive yours at check in. Whenever tickets are purchased online through the Disney website, either by themselves or as part of a package, they are automatically listed in the purchasers My Disney Experience account and can be accessed by any active Magicband on that account as well as with the associated hard ticket (you only need one or the other but both will work). If you purchased your package with tickets by phone or some other way, which it sounds like from your post, then once you get things linked to your MDE account everything will work on the Magicband that you receive at resort check in.

edited to add last sentence

Last edited:

RachMac

Original Poster
Magic Bands are only mailed within the US. You'll receive yours at check in. Whenever tickets are purchased online through the Disney website, either by themselves or as part of a package, they are automatically listed in the purchasers My Disney Experience account and can be accessed by any active Magicband on that account as well as with the associated hard ticket (you only need one or the other but both will work). If you purchased your package with tickets by phone or some other way, which it sounds like from your post, then once you get things linked to your MDE account everything will work on the Magicband that you receive at resort check in.

edited to add last sentence

I purchased them on the Disney Website when I booked my resort! Just for some reason it won't show up on my account or the MDE app. I rang up to ask about that as well as other things and the lady on the phone said to try linking it up after a week.... Which is rather annoying.

But thank you for the info!

lemon meringue

I purchased them on the Disney Website when I booked my resort! Just for some reason it won't show up on my account or the MDE app. I rang up to ask about that as well as other things and the lady on the phone said to try linking it up after a week.... Which is rather annoying.

But thank you for the info!
You're welcome, although it seems it wasn't the response you hoped for. Maybe your situation is specific to being located outside of the US. Hopefully someone who has traveled to WDW from outside the country will be able to give you a better answer. Best of Luck in getting everything in order. Enjoy your trip!

edited to add: I just thought of this! I had one trip where after I purchased our package online only my ticket showed up in my MDE account. I had purchased tickets for everyone over 3 years old at the time so 2 tickets were not showing up. I did the online chat with a CM who told me that it was probably a technical issue. He had me call tech support directly (sorry but I don't have the # anymore). It took about 15 minutes and 2 different tech people but I got it resolved. Maybe your situation is a technical issue and getting in touch with that department would fix it?

Last edited:

DreamalittleDisney

Hi I paid the remainder of my balance on Saturday evening and now the tickets are showing up but when I click through on the FP bit I get this screen ... should I put in the FR number here or the invoice booking number starting 16 ?

Also will this only work when the 60 day mark chimes at 12am est?

Attachments

• Screenshot_20160523-124409.png
    Screenshot_20160523-124409.png
    59.3 KB · Views: 30

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Hi I paid the remainder of my balance on Saturday evening and now the tickets are showing up but when I click through on the FP bit I get this screen ... should I put in the FR number here or the invoice booking number starting 16 ?

Also will this only work when the 60 day mark chimes at 12am est?
You FP window will open at 7 am on your 60 day mark (the time has recently changed.)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom