Magic Band/Photo Question??

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
We are going to be down in 4 weeks for the princess weekend and I had a question about on course/finish line photo's.

I know that they have transitioned over to an automated process for syncing your ride photos to your MDE account based on your magic band. My questions is have they began doing this with on course and finish line photo's yet? or do they still need to scan you magic band to link the photo? It would be nice to run the race and go back to the room and view the photo's with out having to search through them all.

Mad Stitch

No, race photos are not linked to your MDE account. Race photos are outsourced to MarathonFoto.com. Be sure to have your bib number clearly visible when the picture is taken because that's how you will be identified. A few days after the race you should receive an email letting you know the photos are ready for review and available for purchase.

MickeyMomV

Original Poster
Thank you. This is the same way they did it when we were there for the ToT 2013 races, I was just hoping they might have made it a little easier.

dreamfinder

It's a completely 3rd party system that cannot be linked to your MDE account. They still may use some PhotoPass photographers, especially at characters, but as @Mad Stitch said, it's MarathonFoto. They are getting somewhat better with their tagging, and pics are getting up much faster. As long as your bib is easily viewable (IE on your front, not blocked by costume and pinned on all 4 corners) they should match it up properly.

WDWArchitectureGuy

If you ever do the Full Marathon, take your Magic Band. I wish I had after riding Expedition Everest. Mostly runners on board. I didn't pull my phone out to snap a pic of the screen. If I'd had my MB I could have saved it there quickly.

Also I'm glad I took advantage of the MarathonFoto booth at the Expo. They'll offer a discounted purchase price. At the WDW Marathon weekend it was buy $65 at the Expo, get $100 credit online. The all digital Dopey package was $114. So I paid a total of $79 including tax for that pictures from all 4 races.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom