Magic Band Check at Wilderness Lodge

BigRedDad

If they want to keep non-resort guest from the pool, they need to put in enough protective fencing and gates to keep them out. It is as simple as that. Even if they find someone in the pool without being a resort guest, they aren't going to do anything about it.

Seanual757

They really need to do this at the Polynesian. On my last two resort stays both times the pool was occupied with non resort guests.

The pool is also available to guests staying at the VGF/GF as well we came over to eat and then swim over Spring Break we were at the VGF for a week.

ABQ

Yeah, that is it and this specifically for DVC members:
  • Pool hopping is not available at Bay Cove Pool at Bay Lake Tower at Disney's Contemporary Resort, Uzima Pool and Samawati Springs Pool at Disney's Animal Kingdom Lodge, Stormalong Bay at Disney's Yacht & Beach Club Resorts, the leisure pool at Disney's Beach Club Villas, the Lava Pool and leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Village Resort, the Silver Creek Springs Pool and Hidden Springs Pool at Disney's Wilderness Lodge and the pools at Disney's Art of Animation Resort. There are no exceptions to this policy.
I just wish it were more of a two way street on the pool hopping restrictions. As I'll be staying at the WL and it's missing the former best pool on property, probably forever now, the main pool will be jammed. I wouldn't mind considering to head to the CR to use their pool, but even better, I'd consider heading to the Bay Cove Pool....oh but I cannot. However, if I were a BLT guest, I could hop over to the WL if I wanted. Seems a little unfair, don't you think?

epcotisbest

I just wish it were more of a two way street on the pool hopping restrictions. As I'll be staying at the WL and it's missing the former best pool on property, probably forever now, the main pool will be jammed. I wouldn't mind considering to head to the CR to use their pool, but even better, I'd consider heading to the Bay Cove Pool....oh but I cannot. However, if I were a BLT guest, I could hop over to the WL if I wanted. Seems a little unfair, don't you think?
BLT guests cannot hop to WL anymore. As for Hidden Springs pool, it is being rebuilt and supposed to be bigger and better for added capacity with the new villas coming, but it was our favorite too. As for the main pool being jammed, no, there is less occupancy at WL now because of the construction, so less guests, less people at the pool. We were there in May and the main pool was never crowded at all. Bay Cove Pool has always been for guests of BLT only and not part of the DVC allowed pool hopping perk, so even DVC members can't hop to Bay Cove Pool.
As for fairness, I don't really know. Pool hopping is a DVC perk that has been available to DVC members for many years. Access to Top of the World and discounts on tickets are DVC perks too, along with DVC only lounges and DVC member special events.
I think if it becomes too big an issue, pool hopping will be a perk that is done away with for DVC members, or only allowed during certain times or some other restrictions.
As for Hidden Springs Pool, I hope they make it spectacular, but that quiet, little tranquil retreat was our favorite and yes, gone forever. I took some pictures of where it used to be while there in May. Sad.

HS poolsite.jpg

HS poolsite3.jpg

HS poolsite2.jpg

Last edited:

21stamps

If the beaches are for resort guests only, then why does Disney suggest you visit one of the beaches to see the EWP. This suggestion is in all resort package information for things to do.
Where is that advertised?
The pool is also available to guests staying at the VGF/GF as well we came over to eat and then swim over Spring Break we were at the VGF for a week.
How did you get in the pool? I've never heard of that. One of my girlfriends rotates her stays between GF and Poly specifically bc her child prefers the Poly pool better, but the vibe of GF.lol

@epcotisbest would probably know that better than I do. Maybe it's a DVC thing?

epcotisbest

How did you get in the pool? I've never heard of that. One of my girlfriends rotates her stays between GF and Poly specifically bc her child prefers the Poly pool better, but the vibe of GF.lol

The Lava Pool and leisure pool at the Poly used to be allowed for DVC pool hopping, but not anymore. There may be some exceptions for guests staying at GF to use the Poly pools, but I don't know. Sometimes when there is work going on at a particular pool, guests staying there can use adjacent pools. We were staying at the Boardwalk one time when the pool was closed for maintenance and we were allowed to use Stormalong Bay, and it is never open to guests staying at other resorts other than Y& BC and BCV, but that time was an exception.
Also, people visiting resorts can view the EWP. Disney encourages people to visit their resorts, make purchases at the gift shops, eat at the restaurants etc...a rule to not look toward the lake as the EWP passes by would be very hard to enforce.

21stamps

Well, they list all the locations and times to see it here, but say nothing of having to be a guest of each resort.
https://disneyworld.disney.go.com/entertainment/magic-kingdom/electrical-water-pageant/
I can see how that may be confusing. Although they do say "check with hotel front desk" underneath, so that would give a little clue. It is vague though.

I know for sure that Poly's beaches are "for registered guests only" but I also know for sure that it is rarely enforced. On holidays it is though, guests are given bracelets similar to what the OP described. I thought they were becoming more strict about this at all of the resorts since the alligator incident. Maybe not.
The Lava Pool and leisure pool at the Poly used to be allowed for DVC pool hopping, but not anymore. There may be some exceptions for guests staying at GF to use the Poly pools, but I don't know. Sometimes when there is work going on at a particular pool, guests staying there can use adjacent pools. We were staying at the Boardwalk one time when the pool was closed for maintenance and we were allowed to use Stormalong Bay, and it is never open to guests staying at other resorts other than Y& BC and BCV, but that time was an exception.
Also, people visiting resorts can view the EWP. Disney encourages people to visit their resorts, make purchases at the gift shops, eat at the restaurants etc...a rule to not look toward the lake as the EWP passes by would be very hard to enforce.
Oh I'm glad that is encouraged! We will be visiting WL and eating at Whispering Canyon (both firsts for me) this year and I'm excited to see their Christmas decorations! I don't plan on going to their beach and use their chairs though.lol I think Disney just hopes we use common courtesy in a lot of areas. It would be nice if people used it everywhere.

BrianV

I know for sure that Poly's beaches are "for registered guests only" but I also know for sure that it is rarely enforced. On holidays it is though, guests are given bracelets similar to what the OP described. I thought they were becoming more strict about this at all of the resorts since the alligator incident. Maybe not.

Oh I'm glad that is encouraged! We will be visiting WL and eating at Whispering Canyon (both firsts for me) this year and I'm excited to see their Christmas decorations! I don't plan on going to their beach and use their chairs though.lol I think Disney just hopes we use common courtesy in a lot of areas. It would be nice if people used it everywhere.

I'm sure you are right. But where is that written?

Seanual757

We were informed by our DVC sales guide that we were allowed to he said we just let them know when we arrive they will scan our bands to see if we are at the VGF and we will be given access. Not sure if it works we did not go swimming when we stayed. Not sure if it's because we are owners at both VGF and Poly for DVC.

The DVC guides and even the closing staff still say you can pool hop only two locations were off limits BLT and Beach Club (this was last stated to us in May).

I personally would pool hop over to Poly the pool IMHO is too crowded, we prefer the pool on the DVC side at VGF. Plus we would prefer to head over to Blizzard Beach if we wanted to spend an extended day at some pools.

BrianV

View attachment 151186 I know people think it's ok because it's rarely enforced besides holidays. But just because something isn't enforced doesn't make it right.
I think if someone chooses to do it, then just be respectful, don't take up 10 chairs and such ;)

Thanks. Admittedly I've never been there when not a guest, but also never seen it.

Is it true at the GF too? I assume at AKL the viewing spots are for everyone, but maybe not. Never really thought about it, beyond the pools.

Interestingly Universal encourages pool hopping. And your parking pass let's you in and out of all the other hotel lots.

wdwfan22

Original Poster

Lava Pool and Leisure pool at Disney's Polynesian Resort are on the exclusion list for Disney Vacation Club Pool Hopping.

BrianV

What IS the attraction for the Disney pools, In 30 years of Disney visits I've never done more than walk by them.

Do you have kids? I ask because honestly my kids could go to the pool, skip the parks and be perfectly happy. We always laugh and say to our selves we should just have gone to a motel 8 in Worcester. Joking aside, a mid day dip in the summer makes an afternoon of park hopping much more fun.

21stamps

Do you have kids? I ask because honestly my kids could go to the pool, skip the parks and be perfectly happy. We always laugh and say to our selves we should just have gone to a motel 8 in Worcester. Joking aside, a mid day dip in the summer makes an afternoon of park hopping much more fun.
Agree! When you ask my kid what his favorite thing at Disney was- he says, " The volcano slide!" Baffles me, especially since we have passes to a waterpark.lol. But he requested to leave Epcot early one night, skip illuminations, and go back and swim. So, we did :).
We were informed by our DVC sales guide that we were allowed to he said we just let them know when we arrive they will scan our bands to see if we are at the VGF and we will be given access. Not sure if it works we did not go swimming when we stayed. Not sure if it's because we are owners at both VGF and Poly for DVC.

The DVC guides and even the closing staff still say you can pool hop only two locations were off limits BLT and Beach Club (this was last stated to us in May).

I personally would pool hop over to Poly the pool IMHO is too crowded, we prefer the pool on the DVC side at VGF. Plus we would prefer to head over to Blizzard Beach if we wanted to spend an extended day at some pools.
That's why I'm surprised. The lava pool is already crowded with poly guests. Which I would think would be the reason for the "no hopping" policy.
Thanks. Admittedly I've never been there when not a guest, but also never seen it.

Is it true at the GF too? I assume at AKL the viewing spots are for everyone, but maybe not. Never really thought about it, beyond the pools.

Interestingly Universal encourages pool hopping. And your parking pass let's you in and out of all the other hotel lots.
But look at how many hotels universal has, vs how many hotels WDW has on property. Do they at least check to make sure it isn't park guests using the pool at the hotels there?

Side note- I almost booked Royal Pacific for thanksgiving and Black Friday.. But decided to keep this a "total Disney" trip. I think the hotel looks super cool and will definitely be going in the future! That's really the only one that would really interest my kid. I've stayed at Portofino Bay on adult trips, but prob not the best fit for our family trip.

Seanual757

That's why I'm surprised. The lava pool is already crowded with poly guests. Which I would think would be the reason for the "no hopping" policy.

Just passing on the info we got from Disney DVC when we purchased the Poly the guy closing our contract noticed we had the GF and he mentioned this. I would expect someone who has been working for Disney and DVC for over 25 years would know and not just giving me a line of BS after all we already spent the $$$ and he was not the only one in the room from DVC at the time (2 others were as well)

21stamps

Just passing on the info we got from Disney DVC when we purchased the Poly the guy closing our contract noticed we had the GF and he mentioned this. I would expect someone who has been working for Disney and DVC for over 25 years would know and not just giving me a line of BS after all we already spent the $$$ and he was not the only one in the room from DVC at the time (2 others were as well)
Maybe it's a special perk because you purchased DVC there, and doesn't apply to all VGF/GF guests.

Just in case someone reads this and thinks they can use the lava pool while staying at GF..wouldn't want them to try and not be able to get in. :)

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom