Magic Band Check at Wilderness Lodge

21stamps

Here is an early morning at the CR pool sometime last September as almost everyone else was headed to the MK. It was nice having it almost to ourselves.

View attachment 150749
Wow that would be perfect!!! All of the pools you mentioned do sound good, my brain has just switched from looking for a relaxing pool to now looking for which pool has the best slide.lol I would have loved to be at CR with a bloody mary in hand and an almost empty pool area..especially in September!

epcotisbest

Wow that would be perfect!!! All of the pools you mentioned do sound good, my brain has just switched from looking for a relaxing pool to now looking for which pool has the best slide.lol I would have loved to be at CR with a bloody mary in hand and an almost empty pool area..especially in September!
Yeah, well while we were there up until about noon, a couple of other families did come over and jump in our water, but that is OK, there was still plenty of room!

epcotisbest

If you wind up going to Kidani, the slide at the pool there is wonderful.

epcotisbest

Kidani pool slide:

Kidani slide.jpg

21stamps

If you wind up going to Kidani, the slide at the pool there is wonderful.
I'm pretty set on Animal Kingdom, I had no idea about how many activities they offered! I actually just got off the phone with Disney. Now I'm just deciding if I want to do club level or not. It would be a no brainer if I was doing a savanna view anyway, especially since we would just order room service for a continental breakfast- so price would be even. But I'm comparing standard view vs club- with a view of the savanna.
Realistically, if I did OKW and rented a boat as well as visiting Disney Springs, or even kept the Swan and did activities in the boardwalk area- it would probably be about the same money spent. That's what I'm trying to convince myself of anyway lol I don't want to regret not getting the view.

epcotisbest

I'm pretty set on Animal Kingdom, I had no idea about how many activities they offered! I actually just got off the phone with Disney. Now I'm just deciding if I want to do club level or not. It would be a no brainer if I was doing a savanna view anyway, especially since we would just order room service for a continental breakfast- so price would be even. But I'm comparing standard view vs club- with a view of the savanna.
Realistically, if I did OKW and rented a boat as well as visiting Disney Springs, or even kept the Swan and did activities in the boardwalk area- it would probably be about the same money spent. That's what I'm trying to convince myself of anyway lol I don't want to regret not getting the view.
Yes, lots of activities. Make sure you do the cookie decorating and night-time animal viewing. We also enjoyed the tour of Jiko and Boma and got to try some samples.

21stamps

This 55-year-old loves that slide.
Awesome!!!! I think Thanksgiving will be too cold for me (yes, I know the pools are heated lol) but my kid will probably still go in!
Yes, lots of activities. Make sure you do the cookie decorating and night-time animal viewing. We also enjoyed the tour of Jiko and Boma and got to try some samples.
Is that the "culinary tour"? The woman on the phone was reading the list of July activities to me and mentioned that. I definitely would like to sample some of their food, I've heard great things about the restaurants there! I just have no interest in having a big meal the day after Thanksgiving and the day before a cruise lol

Do you think it's worth looking in to renting points? I know a few months ago AKV, OKW and SSR were available for Thanksgiving, is there a possibility that they still could be open?

epcotisbest

Love it!!! I really had no clue!!!! I have to say I'm also hugely impressed with all of the education programs they offer during the day. I never really understood the big draw to AKL, but now I'm starting to.
It is an amazing place. We really liked it and will be going back sometime. Lots to see and do. I have not tried renting points, so I don't know about that, but it is worth a try. Kidani seems to sometimes have availability, but not sure about during a holiday period. Good luck. The restaurant tour we took visited Jiko and Boma and the samples included soup and Zebra Domes at Boma and some breads and dips at Jiko. Don't remember what it was called, but we just signed up for it and showed up at the appointed time. And there was no charge, always a plus in my book. That could have changed by now, who knows? And, having been to both, we much preferred Kidani, but many others prefer Jambo.

epcotisbest

Forgot to mention, there is a huge kids splash zone, squirt zone and play area at the Kidani pool too. Geez, here I am sounding like a Disney commercial in the middle of a magic band check at the pools thread.

21stamps

Forgot to mention, there is a huge kids splash zone, squirt zone and play area at the Kidani pool too. Geez, here I am sounding like a Disney commercial in the middle of a magic band check at the pools thread.
Thank you so much for all of this info and your opinion!!! I really appreciate it! I have been going nuts for a month trying to figure out 2 nights and 1 stupid day! I always tend to 'over do' things anyway unfortunately, but I just want this trip to be extra special since it is a surprise. AKL/AKV has never been on my radar, and I'm excited about all of the new things I've learned about it! Your photos help tremendously!!!

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
I just wish that they were as strict about the beach as they are on holidays.
You can go to any message board and find threads and hundreds of comments about watching fireworks from a beach regardless of where you are staying. There aren't many chairs, and Poly's main beach is much smaller since the Bungalows were built. It's a perk that people are paying for, and if they're staying at any of those resorts, they should be able to find a nice spot to sit and watch Wishes.
Same thing with pool crowds and a line for the slide, I didn't know people even did that until this thread.

I don't agree with you about the beaches, I think that is fair game. The grounds for walking around has always been open to everyone kind of like a park, and unless someone is taking a chair from someones hotel room patio (that is a no no) then I don't see the problem the beach or dock viewing of the fireworks. And as I eluded to in an earlier post I think swimming in another resorts pool (unless you have permission like DVC) is a classless thing.

21stamps

I don't agree with you about the beaches, I think that is fair game. The grounds for walking around has always been open to everyone kind of like a park, and unless someone is taking a chair from someones hotel room patio (that is a no no) then I don't see the problem the beach or dock viewing of the fireworks. And as I eluded to in an earlier post I think swimming in another resorts pool (unless you have permission like DVC) is a classless thing.
But the beaches are, and to my knowledge always have been, for guests of the specific resort only. People just go to them bc that rule is rarely enforced outside of a few days per year.
I just don't see how "fair game" should apply to a beach of a resort- that has it's own guests who are probably staying there partly for said beach- and deserve a chair.

ajrwdwgirl

Premium Member
But the beaches are, and to my knowledge always have been, for guests of the specific resort only. People just go to them bc that rule is rarely enforced outside of a few days per year.
I just don't see how "fair game" should apply to a beach of a resort- that has it's own guests who are probably staying there partly for said beach- and deserve a chair.

I guess I have never read the rules about the beach and using them. As far as I knew they weren't posted for resort guests only. I don't plan to debate it with you, I was just stating my opinion and what I thought to be true. Perhaps they are supposed to be for resort guests only.

21stamps

I guess I have never read the rules about the beach and using them. As far as I knew they weren't posted for resort guests only. I don't plan to debate it with you, I was just stating my opinion and what I thought to be true. Perhaps they are supposed to be for resort guests only.
It's hard to know what is and isn't allowed because so little is enforced, and bc so many think 'not enforced' equals allowed..
Not saying that this was you, just stating that I understand how you may not have known.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom