Magic Band Belts

BettieM16

Original Poster
I saw I picture where someone had a magic band belt that had Mickey and the year on it has anyone seen these? When I try to search all I find is the belts for fit bits....thanks!!!

Jahona

I'm a bit confused at the purpose of a MagicBand belt....

Edit after googling it seems to be just a device to keep the strap from accidentally coming off. I was thinking it was a belt that you wear around your waist.

BettieM16

Original Poster

Edit after googling it seems to be just a device to keep the strap from accidentally coming off. I was thinking it was a belt that you wear around your waist.
Sorry!!! Yea it's supposed to help the band stay on. I've heard several people say they have lost theirs and I have really small wrists so I'm worried about that...

s8film40

Haha, one of my first thoughts when MB's first came out is it would be funny to make a belt worn on the waist that looks just like an oversized MB with an actual MB embedded inside it and then try to use it at the turnstiles.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
Has anyone actually had issues with their magicband coming unclasped? I have not - so it seems unnecessary.
I would not have believed it until it happened to me last summer, exiting MK through a thick crowd ~ when I got to the monorail, I noticed my MagicBand was gone off my wrist.

Jahona

It happened to me once. Partially my fault, I caught the bottom of the clasp on something and it popped off. Other than that I've never had a band just unclasp and fall off.

NYwdwfan

I would not have believed it until it happened to me last summer, exiting MK through a thick crowd ~ when I got to the monorail, I noticed my MagicBand was gone off my wrist.

It happened to me once. Partially my fault, I caught the bottom of the clasp on something and it popped off. Other than that I've never had a band just unclasp and fall off.

Interesting - I'm thinking you can wrap a ponytail holder a few twists around one side of the band, then clasp the band, then slide the ponytail holder over the overlap. Instant insurance for about 20 cents a pop. Not quite as fancy though.

LAKid53

Official Member of the Girly Girl Fan Club
Premium Member
Never had a problem with my MB coming off. Lost a bandit once - got caught taking off jacket and popped off and didn't notice it. However, I think @NYwdwfan has the best solution - just wrap a ponytail band around the MB. Cheap (unless you fork out $$ to purchase a fancy Disney one), readily available and you have a hair band if you need it for your hair.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
Annual Passholder and DVC get things like this:

images

CheshireCat12

We lost a MB in the pool because the clasp peg broke off and we didn't realize it had broken. Did find the band though, we don't use that one anymore.

lazyboy97o

Sorry!!! Yea it's supposed to help the band stay on. I've heard several people say they have lost theirs and I have really small wrists so I'm worried about that...
The black portion of the MagicBand can be snapped off to make the band smaller with a tighter fit.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom