1. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Band arrival?

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by DisneyGalHay, Mar 14, 2017.

1. DisneyGalHay

DisneyGalHay New Member

Hi everyone! I have recently made a VERY last minute decision to take my oldest son to DisneyWorld, just the 2 of us away from his one year old twin siblings, I feel he needs some mom one on one time, he's 15, normally we have planned in advance & had plenty of time to get everything done. This time however we leave in just 13 days! Bought our package at 16 days, my question is, how long before we get our Magic Bands this time with it being a last minute trip? Tia!

MickeyMomV likes this.
  2. Tuvalu

Tuvalu Premium Member

The bands will be waiting for you at check-in. :)

DisneyGalHay, lilclerk and MickeyMomV like this.
  3. MickeyMomV

MickeyMomV Well-Known Member

As @Tuvalu said the bands should be waiting for you at check-in. And.... Welcome to WDWMagic!!!

DisneyGalHay and Tuvalu like this.
  4. DisneyGalHay

DisneyGalHay New Member Original Poster

Thank you guys! :)

5. SyracuseDisneyFan

SyracuseDisneyFan Well-Known Member

Welcome aboard :)

DisneyGalHay likes this.
  6. PaulaT

PaulaT Member

well luckily you aren't waiting for them in the mail like I am......I got an email on March 9 saying they were shipped and as of today they are still sitting in Illinois, seriously?

7. DisneyGalHay

Oh wow! Do you think part of the delay problems are because of the new bands? I was speaking with my mother the other day & she brought up a valid point that all the delays could be part of their new magic band system?

8. PaulaT

PaulaT Member

I don't think so, I think its the fault of who they use to ship it. USPS and OSM, its been just sitting. WDW got the package out on their end

DisneyGalHay likes this.
  9. JaxFLBear

JaxFLBear Active Member

The delays are definitely not MB2 related. Disney is currently using a 3rd party called One Stop Mailing which is (apparently) trucking the MagicBands from Davenport FL to IL before turning them over to the USPS. We live maybe an hour from Davenport FL and our most recent set of MagicBands took 2 weeks to arrive.

DisneyGalHay likes this.
  10. DisneyGalHay

Oh wow! well hopefully they can get the kinks worked out of their new mailing system, I can see this being very irritating for many people

11. CaptainAmerica

CaptainAmerica Well-Known Member

Why? What difference does it make as long as it's there by the time you leave?

12. Rob562

Rob562 Well-Known Member

So my friend, who arrives in WDW this coming Wednesday, booked his trip less than 30 days out (I'm not sure the exact timeframe, just less than 30).

He received his MagicBands in the mail this morning (after I'd told him that he should expect to be getting them at the front desk). That was a first for me...

-Rob

DisneyGalHay likes this.
  13. mdubm

mdubm Active Member

Because there's a chance they may NOT be there by the time people leave if there are significant delays. Many people go straight to the parks while waiting on their rooms to be ready, so this could cause issues. At least that's what I'd imagine would cause irritation for some.