Magic Band Accessories

Tinkerbell 8

I'm sorry, I just don't see the appeal, yes the accessories are kinda cute and I'm sure every kid will want to customize their magicband so Disney will make their money back on this investment, but I just think they will be uncomfortable to wear. I do not like things around my wrists, and I especially do not like plastic things around my wrists when its 100 degrees outside. I have the feeling that if I have to wear one of these, its going to quickly end up either in my backpack or hooked on the belt loop of my pants. I also think a lot of these will end up in the lost and found because people won't want to wear something all day and will slip it in their pocket and when they reach to pay for something they realize its now sitting on a seat on one of the boats in POTC.

DisneyDebRob

Since mine will be in my pocket all day, I'm saving money by not buying these bands. Even the thought of wearing these things all day long makes my wrist sweat. Sorry, promised myself not to start about these things...

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
Did I miss that post? You should have quoted it.

Give me $20 and I will. Wait...thats not enough, I need $50. It's going to KILL me that guests will purchase these and enjoy them. Absolutely KILL me. Rabble, rabble, rabble, Im so upset! I truly hope you enjoy your magic band and dont let anybody's "complaining" get in the way of the magical bond created between the two of you. I love you!

AngryEyes

Give me $20 and I will. Wait...thats not enough, I need $50. It's going to KILL me that guests will purchase these and enjoy them. Absolutely KILL me. Rabble, rabble, rabble, Im so upset! I truly hope you enjoy your magic band and dont let anybody's "complaining" get in the way of the magical bond created between the two of you. I love you!

Obsess much?

Tim_4

Since mine will be in my pocket all day, I'm saving money by not buying these bands. Even the thought of wearing these things all day long makes my wrist sweat. Sorry, promised myself not to start about these things...
You won't need to keep a band in your pocket. RFID tickets will still be available.
The question about these bands that I want to know is this:

Do any of these have RFID blocking capabilities?
Your paranoia is unfounded. There will be NO personal information stored on your band.

Also, do people really think this is how Disney plans to recoup their NextGen investment? It's hard to wade through the sarcasm.

CDavid

I'm getting a Kermit one, I don't care what you haters say.

Expressing a perfectly valid - negative - viewpoint concerning Magic Bands doesn't make someone a "hater" anymore than speaking positively about them makes one a pixie-dust snorter. There is nothing wrong with liking the bands. For the life of me I don't understand it, but that's me. Now, I am of the opinion that a lot of people are going to feel much the same, and I wonder if maybe persons who give the bands a try won't quickly grow tired of them. Or I could be in a tiny 2% of guests who don't want one while everyone else raves over the things - but I don't think so.

CDavid

You won't need to keep a band in your pocket. RFID tickets will still be available

Yes, but the RFID cards (tickets) don't have all the capabilities of the bands, right? So, if there is a feature only available to magic Bands which I want to take advantage of, in that case I would indeed need a band in my pocket.

Tim_4

Yes, but the RFID cards (tickets) don't have all the capabilities of the bands, right? So, if there is a feature only available to magic Bands which I want to take advantage of, in that case I would indeed need a band in my pocket.
You can't use those bonus features in the pre-NextGen world either. If you chose an RFID ticket, your experience would be largely unchanged from current state. If you DECIDE the new benefits are worth wearing or carrying a band, then you have no business complaining.

wdisney9000

Truindenashendubapreser
Premium Member
You can't use those bonus features in the pre-NextGen world either. If you chose an RFID ticket, your experience would be largely unchanged from current state. If you DECIDE the new benefits are worth wearing or carrying a band, then you have no business complaining.

He said he would keep it in his pocket. Sounds more like a compromise, not complaining.

Expressing a perfectly valid - negative - viewpoint concerning Magic Bands doesn't make someone a "hater" anymore than speaking positively about them makes one a pixie-dust snorter. There is nothing wrong with liking the bands. For the life of me I don't understand it, but that's me. Now, I am of the opinion that a lot of people are going to feel much the same, and I wonder if maybe persons who give the bands a try won't quickly grow tired of them. Or I could be in a tiny 2% of guests who don't want one while everyone else raves over the things - but I don't think so.
Very good point. Be careful though, asking questions or making any statement other than a positive one will have the "ravers" branding you a complainer. I dont get it either. I will buy one as a keepsake and store it with my other Disney collectibles, buts thats it. Am I a "hater" for that?

DisneyDebRob

Not complaining at al. If people want to wear them, it's their choice. I was under the assumption that it will have benefits that the RFID won't have. If that's the case, fine, I will have my band, and it will be kept in my pocket.

gibsonc

UK Disney Geek
There seems to be an awful lot of negativity for the MagicBand here when I suspect no one here has actually physically touched one, knows what the material feels like or its weight or knows if the experience of wearing and using one is a good one or not. I for one am keen to give it a go, hopefully it will be fully deployed when I visit in October. I was at WDW a few weeks ago and got my pass upgraded to work with the new entrances and use the touch to pay system which after a week of using I thought was an improvement. Now will the MagicBand make this any better and more convenient than just having a card? I think it might, but I don't know for sure, but I think it will be interesting to see, if I don't like having it on my wrist or don't see any benefit in it then I won't use it in the future.

tissandtully

Whoosh, it was a friendly joke. I like what I like, didn't mean to hurt your delicate sensibilities by referring to you as a "hater.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom