1. The new WDWMAGIC app for iPhone and iPad is now available on the App Store.

Dismiss Notice
  2. Welcome to the WDWMAGIC.COM Forums!
    Please take a look around, and feel free to sign up and join the community.You can use your Twitter or Facebook account to sign up, or register directly.
    Dismiss Notice

Magic Band 2.0 - When can AP holders request them

Discussion in 'Using MyMagic+, FastPass+ and My Disney Experience' started by BigRedDad, Dec 31, 2016.

1. BigRedDad

BigRedDad Well-Known Member Original Poster

Renewing and new AP are two different beasts. An AP renewal is active immediately when the original AP has expired. Thus the reason you can customize a band right away. I find it ridiculous that new AP owners cannot get a MB for their first visit. Seriously!!! I paid $2,648 for 3 passes and my only option is to "wait" or spend another $100 for bands.

We'll see where I get with my escalation to Guest Services. Since MBs are "sold" at many stores, even the colored ones, AP holders should be given a voucher to get the basic colored ones for free at a store or a value if they want to purchase a different one.

2. Tony the Tigger

Tony the Tigger Well-Known Member

We just brought old ones. NBD. Then we got new ones the next time we stayed on property.

Nobody owes anyone a free anything.

21stamps and Tuvalu like this.
  3. BigRedDad

Its not getting something free. It is a pointless policy to make you order it online for free and have it delivered 2 weeks later. It serves no purpose not providing it when they have them right there anyway. Yes, they have boxes and boxes of them right there where you are activating them.

4. Tony the Tigger

With all due respect, you don't know what's pointless or not when it comes to their business. You don't know how to run their business.

Maybe the boxes and boxes they have there will cover what they need to sell for most of the day. Maybe they don't have room to store more for annual pass holders.

Maybe they want you to order it in advance to avoid that storage scenario. That would not be unrealistic or unreasonable. There is finite space in that area.

Maybe they want to encourage you to stay on property to get one sent to you in advance. That's entirely within their rights as a corporation.

5. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

Do you have old ones?
    Question-
    Before our trip I received one of my Magic Bands (was sent 3- 2 of them bc of split reservation) in a yellow box that said "Passholder"....but my MDE says I still have to customize my passholder band.

Was mine just a glitch that I received it prior to my trip?

Tony the Tigger likes this.
  6. Tony the Tigger

I'm not sure. But it sounds like you would get another one for an upcoming trip? If you booked on property again, they'll send you a new one each time ( or you can refuse it.)

7. 21stamps

21stamps Well-Known Member

It's odd. I don't have another trip booked.

8. Texas84

Texas84 DVC Fan Boy Premium Member

Renewed my AP a few weeks ago and just got the new MB. New AP holders don't get a new MB?

9. EvilQueen-T

EvilQueen-T Well-Known Member

My sister, her hubby, and their daughter renewed their APs recently and they sent two of the new bands and one the old version. Weird how they're deciding...who knows.

10. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

Magicband prices start at $12.99

11. AndrewsJ

AndrewsJ Well-Known Member

Depending on how far out your trip is, if you ordered too soon the battery could be weakened or dead. I let my pass lapse and just purchased a new one. I don't know how it has worked in the past but new AP's can customize bands after pass is activated. You can not get a gray band when you pick up your first pass. 21stamps I didn't mean to quote your post, this wasn't directed at you lol.

21stamps likes this.
  12. BigRedDad

The old MagicBand starts at $12.99, not the new one. Also, I am not a person that pays for something I get "free". I'll just wait to order it after my first visit. No big deal.

13. Aurora Aura

Aurora Aura New Member

Hey Pal,
    Getting the Gold AP, It listed as me able to get a MagicBand order, The pictures were still v1 for me.
    Although, when the package does come in for the MagicBand,
    I will gladly keep posted as if it's the 1.0 Band or the 2.0 Band.
    I'm really excited to receive either or; But, I truly do hope it is the 2.0!

14. rogerrabbitfan9

rogerrabbitfan9 Active Member

Family recently ordered Magic Bands, both for pass renewals and for a trip in February. All 8(?) bands were new ones.