Mad T Party is going down the rabbit hole

deix15x8

This is so disappointing. I am going to Disneyland for the first time next September and was looking forward to this. Hopefully it's true that it will be back in May. I was expecting it to survive once they announced the sequel for 5/27/16.

DznyGrlSD

In the Parks
Yes
:( we had SO much fun at MadTParty last year. It seems so out of place but we still had a lot of fun...reminded me of the "good ole days" at Pleasure Island at WDW I'm sad to see this go.

TP2000

Tonight's the last night! Earlier this weekend we saw a gaggle of college girls camped out in front of the stage in the afternoon, and the CM in front of Monsters Inc. said they were the "groupies" that have been waiting for every T Party to start this holiday weekend. Yikes.

So long Mad T Party! It's getting too cold for you to continue. Brrr!! :cool:

8101577423_e605d24a5b_z.jpg

Californian Elitist

Original Poster
Tonight's the last night! Earlier this weekend we saw a gaggle of college girls camped out in front of the stage in the afternoon, and the CM in front of Monsters Inc. said they were the "groupies" that have been waiting for every T Party to start this holiday weekend. Yikes.

So long Mad T Party! It's getting too cold for you to continue. Brrr!! :cool:

8101577423_e605d24a5b_z.jpg

Great photo. Bye-bye, Mad T Party! Like every late night "rave" at DCA, they all come to an end. I'm looking forward to the next party, unless it's Frozen-themed.

nemofinder22

I've always enjoyed Mad T Party it the band, DJ and variety acts were really wonderful. That said though the thing is the most ugly thing during the day, but so is that area of DCA so I'm not sure whats worse.

I do hope that whatever replaces Mad T Party is kept along the lines of what Glow Fest, ElecTRONica and Mad T Party. I would hate to see a WDW style dance party.

Just have to throw this in because the difference is just amazing... for dance parties.

Also kinda hoping the arcade comes back, I've been collecting the tokens.

Suspirian

One of the band members said they were coming back in May. We'll have to wait and see if that turns out to be true.

They could just be returning for a nightime party with a new theme... not necissarily t party

Im pretty sure Freeze the Night (thats apparently what the frozen party has been called) will end up staying past its end date, whenever that may be

TP2000

I do hope that whatever replaces Mad T Party is kept along the lines of what Glow Fest, ElecTRONica and Mad T Party. I would hate to see a WDW style dance party.

Just have to throw this in because the difference is just amazing... for dance parties.

Also kinda hoping the arcade comes back, I've been collecting the tokens.

Perfect summary. Any time WDW management attempts a "dance party" in their parks it's like a cross between a bad wedding reception and Music Activity Time at a Kindergarten. :rolleyes:

That video you linked of the WDW Castle party was painful to watch. Who the heck approved the Characters to be out there to ruin the mood (talk about wrong place at the wrong time!), and which Holiday Inn cocktail lounge was missing their DJ that weekend?!? ("Pump it, pump it, pump it!"... Uh, no thanks.) Orlando management truly doesn't get it.

I have faith whatever replaces Mad T Party this winter, and then the next replacement for the 60th next summer, will be at least very good. If not great. That said, I think Glow Fest was still my favorite for overall vibe and atmosphere. Maybe part of that is because Glow Fest was so surprising when it debuted, and introduced an entirely new concept in Disney theme park entertainment.

Last edited:

RandomPrincess

Keep Moving Forward
Disneyland has a long history of dance parties I remember Videopolis which opened in 1985 it was open for 10 years I remember dancing there in high school in the early 90s. If you think about it Date Night at Disneyland and the dancing from the 50s would have been the equivalent of the Mad T-Party today. These dance parties are a part of Disneyland history. I'm still wary of this Frozen themed dance party though. I though I don't mind the name Freeze the Night.

Kman101

Having never seen either, I'm hopeful to see it (Mad T Party) if I get out there in 2015. I'm also wondering if "Freeze the Night" will be adult themed like Mad T Party and ElecTRONica or more WDW Dance Party/Frozen Sing-A-Long.

Suspirian

Having never seen either, I'm hopeful to see it (Mad T Party) if I get out there in 2015. I'm also wondering if "Freeze the Night" will be adult themed like Mad T Party and ElecTRONica or more WDW Dance Party/Frozen Sing-A-Long.

most likely adult themed. Theyve found a formula and im pretty sure theyre gunna stick through it

GiveMeTheMusic

so is t party going to come back after may or will it be a new dance party

That isn't known yet. Whenever Disney says something will be coming back, there's ample reason to believe they're lying (see Rocket Rods, Light Magic, SpectroMagic, etc.).

I'd be shocked if it comes back. My money says Freeze the Night will be extended by "POPULAR DEMAND" because striking it and reinstalling T will cost dollars no one will have the political will to spend.

PacNWTigger

That isn't known yet. Whenever Disney says something will be coming back, there's ample reason to believe they're lying (see Rocket Rods, Light Magic, SpectroMagic, etc.).

I'd be shocked if it comes back. My money says Freeze the Night will be extended by "POPULAR DEMAND" because striking it and reinstalling T will cost dollars no one will have the political will to spend.

Aren't they doing another Alice movie though? I would think it would be beneficial to bring it back if the movie does well enough. *fingers crossed*

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom