Lunch the first day?

FairyPrincess

Original Poster
As I said in as previous thread my famil and I will be staying at the Contemporary over April vaca, however the first couple days we will be staying off property, the frist dayy we are there our plane comes in early around 10:30 and I figured we would be out of the airport on our way to disney by lunchtime, our first dayy we just relax and not go to parks, however our resort doenst allow us to check in til later around 4:30, where would you suggest going to lunch??

tigsmom

First off, you may be able to check in earlier if your room is ready. Check at the desk when you arrive; we have checked in as early at 9:30-10 am. You can eat at any restaurant in any resort or at the Boardwalk or DTD.

If you don't want to eat at the Contemporary then why not head over to the Poly and have lunch at the Kona Kafe? Lunch at the Whispering Canyon Cafe at the WL is nice and just a short boat ride away.

Monty

Brilliant...and Canadian
In the Parks
No
I'm confused...

You're staying off-site the first couple of days but going straight from the airport to Disney? Where will your luggage be?

If you're going to your off property hotel first, you can probably leave your luggage with the Bell desk and get it when you do check in. Where are you staying? Do you want somewhere at Disney but not inside parks for lunch? If so, DTD or any of the resorts will have places to eat.

Ask what the hotel's policy is for check-in, you might be able to check in but not access your room until later, then perhaps the Bell desk could put your bags in the room once it's ready. Or, it might be ready early. You could do a resort visit run and look at all the resorts you're not staying at [there are lots of very interesting lobbies - don't miss DAKL and seeing Arusha Rock, maybe even Boma for either lunch or dinner].

MKCP 1985

If you're not going to be staying on property and you're not going into a park, but you are going to go to Disney, then I'd recommend you go to Downtown Disney or the Boardwalk for lunch. There aren't as many choices at the boardwalk ,but I like to eat at the ESPN restaurant and Spoodles there. At Downtown Disney there is more to do and there are so many good restaurants: Planet Hollywood, Earl of Sandwich, House of Blues, Wolfgang Puck's, a new Irish pub, Rainforest Cafe, and I'm sure I'm leaving out some very good others. Have fun!

Normally I just go to the Magic Kingdom, enjoy my first morning riding rides and then eat at Pinnochio Village Haus; it has become a tradition to eat their on our first day!

"Looks like Brer Fox and Brer Bear are causin' some trouble up stream."

Scooter

Our first meal is always Chicken Fingers at the Food and Fun Center at The Contemporary Resort.
It's become a tradition.:sohappy:

jesserin

Since you said you don't want to do parks your first day - but you would like to get to Disney... why not head to downtown Disney while you are waiting for your room? I would eat at the Earl of Sandwhich - my new favorite for DTD... They have yummy sandwhiches and you can add a soup or salad for $.99 - now for Disney, that's the deal of the century ;) Anyway - we like it b/c it's not your typical burger/chicken fingers that you get everywhere in the parks.

This would be my recommendation - we love their food and really enjoy the atmosphere... and you can walk around DTD until you're ready to go check in - it's a win win!

Here's the menu: http://allearsnet.com/menu/menu_eofs.htm

BRER STITCH

Also...depending on where you are staying, there is most likely plenty of places to eat nearby before you head over to the WDW area to walk around and shop.

Let us know where you will be staying and we can probably come up with some good suggestions for you along the way!

Also...how are you getting from the airport to your hotel? It wasn't clear if you were renting a car or not. If so, the world is your lunch buffet! :lol:

As mentioned already, just becaue the "official" check in time is 4PM, does not necessarily mean you cannot be given a room long before then! That may change your plans a bit!

:wave:

Nemo14

I'd have to second the Earl of sandwich suggestion. Great food at reasonable price, and strolling around DTD gets you into the Disney spirit.
Last summer my DD and I had to go down to FL for a bridal shower far away from Orlando (Bradenton). We flew into Orlando, stopped at DTD for lunch, then picked up my mother and headed to Bradenton. It made us feel like we had a mini- Disney vacation while we were there!:)

dandaman

Go to ESPN Club if you can, to start off your vacation with a bang. :wave:

Note: I also recommend calling and reserving a spot for Concourse Steakhouse in the Contemporary, but costs can go up to $200. (Best steak ever, though, so it was waaaaay worth it. :lol: )

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom