lunch in the parks with a large group- where to go?

Neotericisis

Hey all!

We are doing to all 4 parks next week and are a group of 15 (5 days in the parks, with 2 being at MK). We have a reservation for Chef Mickey's for lunch on Thursday (second MK day), but other than that, we will be doing QS for lunch.

What places would you suggest for a large group of various ages?

Are there any sections with multiple QS spots in the area so that we can have a variety of food choices (I think Epcot has something like a food court. I plan on eating light for lunch and snacking my way through the countries, but I know that at least the kids in the group will want a hearty lunch)

Any places have a good bang for your buck where we could share meals? (I read about someplace having a 1/2 chicken meal that is very shareable, but I don't remember where)

Know any spots with good seating? (I will not be surprised if seating is sparing for a group of our size. Are there any hidden spots in the park you think we could bring food to? Any restaurants have lots of tables?)

Just trying to get some ideas before we go. We plan on winging it for the most part, but its always good to have suggestions ahead of time.

Thanks!!

Schneewittchen

With a big group, I'm going to recommend that you eat earlier, before noon. And I'm not going to discuss the quality of the food at all....

In MK, Cosmic Ray's (burgers & fries), Pecos Bill's (burritos with a fixins bar) and Pinocchio Village Haus (pizza) all have a lot of seating.
In Epcot, Electric Umbrella (sandwiches) and Sunshine Seasons (soup, salads, Asian fusion) have a lot of seating too. La Cantina de San Angel (Mexican fast food) has good outdoor seating.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

At HS there is a large, partially covered eating area on Sunset Boulevard. There are 3 or 4 different QS stands all together serving things like burgers, barbecue, hot dogs, pizza. It's a great place to go when you have a lot of different eaters. At Epcot, Sunshine Seasons in the land has a good variety and a pretty sizable eating area. In MK the best variety and seating would be at Cosmic Rays Cafe. AK is the only park without a restaurant with much variety, but it does have 2 restaurants with a lot of seating. Flametree barbecue is good food with all outdoor seating, mostly covered and out on the water. Restaurantosaurus is standard burgers and such but has a lot of seating indoors and unless it's been changed has free drink refills. The key with seating in most QS places is that they all seem to have hidden seating that can go unnoticed since they are such large places.

Upvote 0

MickeyMomV

In MK I would recommend Cosmic Ray's, Columbia Harbor House or Pinocchio's. All are indoors with AC!!

At HS I would check on the ABC Commissary. The food is decent and again, AC!

At AK everything is pretty much outside. We usually eat at Flame Tree. Its central enough that DH and DS can get food there and I can grab Yak and Yeti and walk back over with it.

At Epcot I think the Electric Umbrella may have indoor seating otherwise Sunshine Seasons and Liberty Inn will.

Keep in mind most of the parks are within a few minutes of a resort that will also have really good food. Epcot and HS are both a quick walk to the Boardwalk. MK is a quick monorail ride to 3 deluxe resorts with good food court options. With the next weeks temps in the upper 90's and the heat index being over 100 a mid-day break in AC will be wanted.

Upvote 0

Mickey5150

Any places have a good bang for your buck where we could share meals? (I read about someplace having a 1/2 chicken meal that is very shareable, but I don't remember where)
Flametree Barbecue in AK has a 1/2 Chicken meal, they also have a full slab of ribs meal, and a chicken and ribs meal but I can't remember the exact size, and if I heard correctly they now have a barbecue sampler meal with ribs, chicken and pork.

Upvote 0

Neotericisis

Original Poster
Thank you all for your help! I have added this all to my little packet that I created for in the parks. As a group of 15 we can't all stay together for everything, but we all agree to meet up for lunch so I am glad we have some options that we can finalize in the morning. Can't wait until tonight when the kids find out via a scavenger hunt- and tomorrow- we're off to Disney!!

Upvote 0

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom