Lunch at Be Our Guest Question

Thumper14

Yes I have used the invite several times. Once you log in, you can select the day you wish to dine. It will give you two half-hour time frame options from which to choose. You can also pre-select your food, but this option has NEVER worked for us, so we choose the "Expedited Arrival" option and order once we arrive at BOG.
That sounds great! Thank you for the info. I have been to WDW about dozen times, but this time we are bringing a first visit girlfriend. I want to make the trip magical for her and I think a lunch at BOG might help that. I looking forward to seeing the Kingdom through her perspective. I love visiting the Disney Parks, but you never forget your first visit.

mattfusf

How long before your trip can you make lunch reservations? We are going the week after Thanksgiving, I called for a reservation for dinner at 180 days out and they were already booked for dinner for our whole trip.

Tuvalu

Premium Member
How long before your trip can you make lunch reservations? We are going the week after Thanksgiving, I called for a reservation for dinner at 180 days out and they were already booked for dinner for our whole trip.
We got ours at 27 days out.

Victoria

Not old, just vintage.
I feel that's it's worth mentioning in here that you are no longer allowed to seat yourself at lunch. We went to BoG on Tuesday last week and once we ordered there was a small army of CMs lined up to show guests to their table. Took me by surprise because I've always just sat wherever I wanted. I guess they're trying to spread people out more evenly? Not sure what the reasoning is.

cw1982

We got an email about 30 days out from our last trip, but you can visit this website and as long as you have a reservation to link, you can make the fastpass for lunch:

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

The email invitation that they send you is just a link to that website.

Not entirely true. Some who log in to that site before their dates are open are greyed out from being able to select their dates until they do open up.

Not trying to split hairs, but I'd hate for someone to login and freak out if their dates aren't there yet. ;)

DisneyJill

Oh, I didn't realize that! I think I googled and visited the website around 60 days out because I didn't want to miss my chance, and I didn't have issues. But yes, that's a good point. Don't try too early!

cw1982

Oh, I didn't realize that! I think I googled and visited the website around 60 days out because I didn't want to miss my chance, and I didn't have issues. But yes, that's a good point. Don't try too early!

Yeah it seems to be very random. Some can get times as early as you did. Others can't get them until a week or two before they arrive. I wish it was more consistent, especially with walk ups being so hard to come by lately.

kasey1988

Never received the email, but started checking dates about 45 days out, when clicking it always said "no fastpass available", we were able to book the day we wanted exactly 27 days from that day (not the start of the trip)

dadddio

I feel that's it's worth mentioning in here that you are no longer allowed to seat yourself at lunch. We went to BoG on Tuesday last week and once we ordered there was a small army of CMs lined up to show guests to their table. Took me by surprise because I've always just sat wherever I wanted. I guess they're trying to spread people out more evenly? Not sure what the reasoning is.
Someone posted that there was one day that there was some sort of IT problem that required people to be seated by CMs that day. It's possible that you visited on the day of the issue.

officialtom

We went back at the end of March when they were first testing the FP+ system at BoG. The invitation email ended up not working for us (we tried two iPhones, an iPad, and a desktop at MK City Hall), had two CMs try, and eventually ended up just asking about it at the FP+ kiosk outside BoG. She handed us menus right away and we walked in, bypassing the 1.5 hour standby line. The whole setup is very slick (reading the menu while in line and ordering at the self-serve kiosks), and the food was really really good. Also very quick -- they can obviously move a lot of people through the place in the run of a day. We'll definitely be going back.

Daxiegirl

Yeah it seems to be very random. Some can get times as early as you did. Others can't get them until a week or two before they arrive. I wish it was more consistent, especially with walk ups being so hard to come by lately.

First trip ever and I really wanted to experience BOG but I can't seem to get that elusive FP.

I'm so incredibly bummed. I'm not going to let it ruin our trip but WOW, we are 14 days out and although I can book it for within our first 7 days it still hasn't opened up for the 9th day. Of course that is the only day we could go for lunch. Some times you plan and plan and plan and plan and it still doesn't work out. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:cry:

Daxiegirl

@cw1982 here's a message I got today while trying select a day for dining in the BOG site:

"We apologize for any inconvenience. Please stop by the Magic Kingdom Service Center as soon as you arrive to the park for assistance logging in to the website or selecting an arrival window and preordering your meal."

Have you ever gotten this error message? I was already logged in and was making the first selection (to choose a FP+ time or change plans-or whatever it says, lol) and got that message.

Here's hoping that they are messing with the system some more to guest advantage. Not holding my breath though.

First trip ever and I really wanted to experience BOG but I can't seem to get that elusive FP.

I'm so incredibly bummed. I'm not going to let it ruin our trip but WOW, we are 14 days out and although I can book it for within our first 7 days it still hasn't opened up for the 9th day. Of course that is the only day we could go for lunch. Some times you plan and plan and plan and plan and it still doesn't work out. :banghead::banghead::banghead::banghead:

:cry:

The BoG FP+ system, such as it is, only allows you to book in advance for the first 7 days of any stay. If you want a FP+ for a later day, you'll have to wait til you get to WDW. On day one of your stay, you could book a FP+ for day 8, and on day 2 for day 9, etc. There will almost undoubtedly still be availability then.

@cw1982 here's a message I got today while trying select a day for dining in the BOG site:

"We apologize for any inconvenience. Please stop by the Magic Kingdom Service Center as soon as you arrive to the park for assistance logging in to the website or selecting an arrival window and preordering your meal."

Have you ever gotten this error message? I was already logged in and was making the first selection (to choose a FP+ time or change plans-or whatever it says, lol) and got that message.

Here's hoping that they are messing with the system some more to guest advantage. Not holding my breath though.

The system is very glitchy, and this error message seems to be fairly common. Others have reported that they just logged off and returned to the site later, and when they tried again, things were fine.

Daxiegirl

Thank you @jaysmom4285 that is VERY helpful information. Especially since I was afraid that I may have a stroke stressing about this lunch. Silly, I know, but important to us it is.:) Good to know that we still might get in even leaving it until the first day. Fingers were crossed but nice to have the thought verified by another.

Was hoping that I had stumbled across something new...LOL. Figures. Just a glitch.:eek:

(oh, all the awesome advice I will have for my friends that are thinking of booking for next year!)

pobutre

We got an email about 30 days out from our last trip, but you can visit this website and as long as you have a reservation to link, you can make the fastpass for lunch:

https://beourguestlunch.disney.go.com

The email invitation that they send you is just a link to that website.

Is the Reservation ID they are looking for on this site the same as the Confirmation Number that comes up for our reservation in MDE? I tried that number and it didn't recognize it, but it's a DVC reservation AND I'm still 178 days out. However, I was easily able to book dinner at BoG so I'm not sure if I'll care about getting a reservation for lunch in the long run.

cw1982

Thank you @jaysmom4285 that is VERY helpful information. Especially since I was afraid that I may have a stroke stressing about this lunch. Silly, I know, but important to us it is.:) Good to know that we still might get in even leaving it until the first day. Fingers were crossed but nice to have the thought verified by another.

Was hoping that I had stumbled across something new...LOL. Figures. Just a glitch.:eek:

(oh, all the awesome advice I will have for my friends that are thinking of booking for next year!)

I haven't heard of that, but the idea of a glitch doesn't surprise me. I hope it's sorted out soon!

reptar77

That is odd. We just ate there labor day, we sat where we wanted.

Is the Reservation ID they are looking for on this site the same as the Confirmation Number that comes up for our reservation in MDE? I tried that number and it didn't recognize it, but it's a DVC reservation AND I'm still 178 days out. However, I was easily able to book dinner at BoG so I'm not sure if I'll care about getting a reservation for lunch in the long run.

It's looking for the 12 digit Disney reservation number, which has only numbers and no letters. I don't know if the DVC reservation number is different or not. If it is, you should be able to call and get the 12 digit number.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom