luna99's WDW wedding thread!

J_Krafty24

Sure, though I'll have to PM you this evening when I get home and on my own computer. My fiance comes on here every now and then, plus if I use his computer there is a history of the site (he says he doesn't have the will power to keep out of it). I'll be having the train removed so that I won't have to worry about it the next morning when we have our Magic Kingdom photo session.

kal1484

Did you have to pay extra to use the photography at the park instead? We're also probably going to try and use Randy.

J_Krafty24

Yes, it does cost extra for photos at the park. They take us in at 6:30am before it opens so that we don't have people in the background. We will still get the normal wedding pictures at the ceremony. The park photos are just an add-on. The only photographers that are allowed in the park are the WDW Event Group photographers.

kal1484

Yes, it does cost extra for photos at the park. They take us in at 6:30am before it opens so that we don't have people in the background. We will still get the normal wedding pictures at the ceremony. The park photos are just an add-on. The only photographers that are allowed in the park are the WDW Event Group photographers.

I mean instead of using the photographer at our intimate ceremony, using them at one of the parks, like she mentioned AK.

luna99

Original Poster
Did you have to pay extra to use the photography at the park instead? We're also probably going to try and use Randy.

No, it's not extra because it comes with the package.

so instead of using the disney photographers at the ceremony we'll have randy and then the disney photographers will come with us into AK the next day (after the ceremony) and take photos of us first thing when the park opens. There will be other people in the park at that time too but I guess they just have people get out of the shot? lol :shrug:

I'm going to feel like a celebrity or something. haha. People will be wondering why we're having our pictures taken.

mrerk

Premium Member
And second I cant tell you how great Rev.Jack Day was, I cant imagine that anyone could have made our ceremony any better than him. (further details in my post..link in my signature)

Good luck cant wait to hear more.

I'll second your second on Rev. Jack. He is the best. We are coming up on 9 years since our Disney Wedding and honeymoon.

mrerk

Premium Member
My parents have been going to Aruba for like 25 years. They say Madame Jannete's is, by far, the best restaurant on the island.

DiPSU224

Just wanted to add something quickly about David's....stay away from them if you can! If you do end up going, I wouldn't give them your home phone number or your email address. I made the mistake of trying dresses on for fun a few days after I was engaged and from that day until my wedding almost 2 years later I was getting weekly calls telling me and my fiancee we won just about everything from a new kitchen to a trip around the world. They were selling my email and phone numbers and random vendors would call. It was really, really, annoying!

Anyway, I'm really enjoying your thread! Pictures at AK sounds so cool! I hope you share them with us after! :lol:

super excited for all of you!

however, one bone of contention. i got my dress at david's. don't get me wrong, i really didn't want to get my dress there either, but it just so happened that i ended up going there. quick story to tell you how it happened...stay with me, it's funny...

like all girls i poured over mag's to find the dress...i found one i really liked in an ad. looked up the company website, found they were based in nyc, and emailed them asking about the dress. the dress was sooooo me. it had a cross stitched pattern on the bodice with little embroidered flowers and a full ball gown skirt and it tied at the top like a sun dress. trust me...gorgeous! anyhoo, someone emailed me back (the person that emailed me back had the same last name as the designer, so immediately i should have realized that something was afoot), and told me that they had only one of those dresses in michigan at a couture shop about 35 miles from my house in a ritzier town then where i live (sign 2). please also note that at this time i was only 22, thereby generally considered to be a dumb-dumb. they then proceeded to tell me that if the dress is not there they will send one from nyc for me (sign 3), by this point i am totally impressed with their customer service. so, off i go to a part of michigan that i am not familiar with, by myself, mom was with sick sister, moh was busy.

here's where it gets good. also helps to note that during my younger years, i was about a buck twenty five-six; years and two kids later, i realize that ever achieving that weight again is a pipe dream. so i walk in and this older italian woman asks if she can help me, i say yes, i called earlier about this dress, blah, blah, blah. she says oh yes, i have it right here. so i go in the dressing room and begin to undress when this woman walks right in (she was sweet as a canoli but i am a bit of a prude), and begins to help me put on the dress. she begins to tell me about the dress, it was a champagne color and she said all better designers generally make their dresses in this color, the stitching is all done by hand, etc. (sign 3). she had to gather the back of the dress up with a close pin because it was way to big for my anorexic size, and when i turned around-and please reference the movie sixteen candles here and an italian accent-she actually grabed the front of the dress and said, and i quote "this dress is so beautiful on you! a big woman like myself could not wear this, and once we get you some in here you will be so beautiful!". Seriously. i got felt up while trying on wedding dresses.
after the feelings of mortification and violation wore off, we headed to the mirror where they placed a stunning cathedral length veil on me, where i preceded to cry like a little girl. which every girl knows is the defining feature of "THE" dress. it was a good thing no one that i knew was with me, because what came next was a huge buzz kill. i finally broke down and asked the 64,000 dollar question...how much? i think i defied physics at this moment as i was able to make my teardrops roll back upwards into my eyes as the woman said-$3400. now, for some people this is not too bad, for my cheap touchie, it might has well been a million dollars. i stopped crying immediately as i didn't want my cheap, blue-collar tears to somehow damage or discolor this stunning garment. the rest of my wedding was already expensive, so this amount for a dress was just not going to happen.

i think i said before we had a cinderella themed wedding-invites, color scheme,cake topper, etc. the point is this, i was able to to david's and through some patience was able to find a nice dress, very plain and classic; satin tank, full, full, organza skirt with satin ribbon circling the bottom, i also wore 3/4 length gloves-my take on cindy's dress. if i can figure out how to post pics i will. ended up getting the dress for $300. i ended up feeling just as beautiful as the $3400 dress.

i understand not wanting the mass produced dress, but don't knock it till you try it. plus, even if you don't buy your dress there it is a great trial-and-error place with lots of dresses in different styles and sizes.

i will now go and apply for a job at david's bridal....

hope i didn't sound mean...cause i love ya's!

Teenchy

i think i said before we had a cinderella themed wedding-invites, color scheme,cake topper, etc. the point is this, i was able to to david's and through some patience was able to find a nice dress, very plain and classic; satin tank, full, full, organza skirt with satin ribbon circling the bottom, i also wore 3/4 length gloves-my take on cindy's dress. if i can figure out how to post pics i will. ended up getting the dress for $300. i ended up feeling just as beautiful as the $3400 dress.

i understand not wanting the mass produced dress, but don't knock it till you try it. plus, even if you don't buy your dress there it is a great trial-and-error place with lots of dresses in different styles and sizes.

i

I agree with you about Davids. If you read the details of my wedding in the link in my signature you will see that we spent alot of $$ on our WDW wedding...I mean alot....we covered everyones rooms, etc. But unbelieveable my wonderful bride found her dress at Davids. Her mother had passed away several years ago so the thought of dress shopping was the last thing she wanted to do. And since we were having a Surprise Wedding, having her sister help was out of the question. Our one friend who did know went with her to look at dresses, she had also done all the web searching and magazine searching but she found the perfect "Fairytale Wedding" dress...only 6 weeks before the wedding at Davids. And considering how important the dress is...dollar for dollar it was probably one of the things we spent the least $$ on! And she was so beautiful! I have some links to pictures in my wedding thread. Hopefully they still work. I need to post the real pictures now that we have them.

Good luck.....and i also recommend Davids...at least as a stop in your search.

J_Krafty24

Please don't get me wrong. There wasn't anything wrong with the actual dresses at David's bridal. Just that they were very pushy and were trying to tell me what I wanted instead of listenting to what I was saying I wanted. I'm glad I made the stop there because I was able to try on many different styles in my size. I just decided not to give them my sale because they were so pushy.

luna99

Original Poster
Hey everyone.. wanted to post a little update.. not a WHOLE lot to post about and if I repeat myself... I apologize.

I STILL haven't gotten a dress!! I was planning on going tonight after work but the weather here (syracuse) is horrible so maybe tomorrow instead. I have one that I love though so hopefully it will be just a matter of seeing if that style suits my body type and ordering it.

My fiance and I have decided we are going to do a sand ceremony instead of a unity candle. Basically there are three glass jars on the table.. one large one in the middle and two smaller ones on each side filled with colored sand (different colors)... the sand represents my DF and I and we pour the sand into the bigger container symbolizing us coming together and joining in marriage and the officiant says some words.. after, we get to keep the container with the beautiful colored layered sand forever and will place it somewhere in our house to look at and then other jars can be used as vases or to hold stones or marbles or something pretty. I'm pretty excited about this.

You can buy your own sand ceremony kit or make one and bring it but I'm going to just purchase mine through the disney floral for an extra 50 dollars.

oh also, if you didn't know.. we paid for the officiant (rev jack day!) so that's all set. He called our house and left us a message on our machine and sounded soooo nice! We also have Randy Chapman, our alternate photographer, paid for as well.

left to do:
get my dress
get his suit
get his ring
get the marriage licence
pick the music
pick the cake
arrange for the limo and figure out the timing and schedule of the wedding ceremony

I think that's about it since i'm going to be doing my own hair and makeup...

oh, and we're having a dinner reception later that night at o'hanas which I am sooooooo excited about!!

Ok, I'm sure I repeated myself somewhere in there.. sorry!

will post more later! thanks for reading! :wave:

Teenchy

Great to hear about your progress and better yet that you have Rev. Jack. He is such a wonderful man and you will be so happy. Everyone commented at our wedding in December that it seemed like he had known us for years and he made everything seem so special and personalized.

If you have his "wedding package" he is more than happy to add/delete and customize your ceremony to make it more personalized. As you can imagine if you read our wedding story our entire wedding was a bit unique, but Rev. Jack took it totally in stride and adlibbed the beginning.....How many weddings start with the Officant saying..."Is everyone alright....you know whe're not here for a birthday party....but we are here for a wedding...and I so happy to be here for this special wedding surprise!"

We also considered the sand ceremony in our early plans (Its beautiful) but our entire theme changed along the way so we ended up with the Unity Candle.

Good luck on the rest of the planning cant wait to hear more, also if you fiance has not picked out a tux and does not want to have to carry one down from NY, I highly suggest Carolyn Allens just outside WDW. www.carolynallens.com
Here was my Tux :http://www.carolynallens.com/tuxedos/accessories/images/vest_mickey_white.jpg
Plus they can come to your room and press your dress that morning or day before

Sorry about all the SNOW up there....other than really HIGH WINDS here in D.C. at least we have some hope of Spring! :animwink:

luna99

Original Poster
Hey guys.. it's me again! I didn't forget about you!

here's the update:

THE DRESS: I found a dress!! I kept going to bridal shops and trying on these HUGE PUFFY dresses that weigh like 20 pounds at least with all the beading and lace because I thought that's what I was supposed to wear.. that's how brides look right?? but honestly, I had a panic attack in one of the dressing rooms and left crying. This just wasn't for me... so instead I found a beautiful brides maid dress online that could be a simple wedding dress in the right color (ivory or white) and that's what I decided to go for. I was a little nervous about getting a dress I had never seen in person but I went to a professional seamstress and she took my measurements so I could order the right size and when the dress comes in she is doing my alterations. Here it is:

http://threaddesign.com/collections/pages/i542_51.php

I'm getting it in ivory.

I was just putting way too much pressure on myself to find THE dress... everyone tells you that you will know it when you see it and I felt like I had to scour the world for this one magical dress... it just got to be too much pressure for me and I feel soooo much better now that I've finally chosen one.

INVITATIONS: We went the cheap and easy way and bought an invitation kit from target. It was 30 dollars for 50 invitations and we only need about 18 (if that!) so wow, what a steal! Last night we printed out the invitations which are white with a white ribbon on the top and the wording is done in bright green and pink... those are the colors of my maid of honors dress and my wedding bouquet and the groom and best man will have some green and pink incorporated into their suits. I think these colors look soooo pretty together. We just have to print the RSVP cards and I'm printing out maps of the boardwalk resort (that's where the wedding is) and the polynesian resort (where the reception dinner that night will be) to include in the invitations so people will have a little idea of what the places look like. I'll take pictures of these when I'm all done and post them here for you guys to see!

all that's left to do now is:

* grooms suit (he's not wearing a tux and I"m ok with that. we're laid back casual people)
* small gifts bags for the guests
* grooms wedding band
* marriage certificate
* fill out the wedding paperwork (type of cake we want, etc, etc)
* small details like my shoes, hair, makeup, jewelry, etc.

I can't believe I'm only four months away!!!! :sohappy:

thanks for reading and coming along this journey with me you guys!!!

I'll post pictures of course of the entire thing when it's all done and over with!!!!

have a magical day! (as disney says!):p

luna99

Original Poster
thanks for the compliments on the dress everyone! I just hope it looks good on me once we get it.... but I guess I don't have any other options so it HAS TO!

we bought my fiance his ring this past weekend... here it is:

000016590.jpg

I love it too! I didn't want to influence his choice and wanted him to pick out something he loved, but I was afraid he'd get something ugly.... haha.. he didn't though and I love his band! I wish I had a picture of my ring but it's a discontinued style now. actually, if you REALLY want to see it you can go to my myspace, I have it in my photo album there: www.myspace.com/marcellinae

this weekend we should be working on the paperwork and getting that closer to being done! The time really feels like it's flying by now that it's closer.. back when I had seven or six months to go it felt like the wedding was SOOO far away!

thanks for continuing on this journey with me you guys!

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom