Lumberjacks end 11/24

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
Being perfectly honest, I hope they stick to bringing in different kinds of acts on short term contracts. Keep switching the entertainment up, at least let one part of the park be constantly renewing like it is supposed to be, since they seem to have no intention to do the same in Future World.

wdwmagic

Administrator
Premium Member
Being perfectly honest, I hope they stick to bringing in different kinds of acts on short term contracts. Keep switching the entertainment up, at least let one part of the park be constantly renewing like it is supposed to be, since they seem to have no intention to do the same in Future World.
Yep I think its the best strategy. That way there is a constant turnover, offering different things to different groups, and guests don't get so attached to one particular group that it becomes difficult to change things.

Mat Cauthon

I never had any interest in seeing the lumberjack show so not too upset they won't be there our next visit. I also have no interest in listening to another cover of Johnny Be Good with bagpipes again to be honest. Sorry to all the Off Kilter fans but I stopped to watch them my first ever trip to WDW and enjoyed it but it was a one time thing. Now we just keep walking. I like the mixing it up idea.

ford91exploder

Resident Curmudgeon
Who wants to bet on the replacements in the new year?

tumblr_inline_n0534sxUuc1rt9r74.jpg

Sadly I think you are correct.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster
Yep I think its the best strategy. That way there is a constant turnover, offering different things to different groups, and guests don't get so attached to one particular group that it becomes difficult to change things.

That is the way it was explained to me 18 months ago. It was explained to me that a new Epcot Entertainment Manager (not sure of the specific title) was brought in from the west coast and decided to go that route. Its been suggested to me that he's the same guy responsible for the changes to the Peace on Earth tag.

How the lumberjacks got in? Well, they were being evaluated by a guy who was always looking at local acts and then he got a TA with WDI and whomever filled his role decided to hire the Jack show.

Small side note, amazing how no one had this uproar for the end of the Krystos.

xdan0920

Think for yourselfer

Bingo.

FigmentForver96

That is the way it was explained to me 18 months ago. It was explained to me that a new Epcot Entertainment Manager (not sure of the specific title) was brought in from the west coast and decided to go that route. Its been suggested to me that he's the same guy responsible for the changes to the Peace on Earth tag.

How the lumberjacks got in? Well, they were being evaluated by a guy who was always looking at local acts and then he got a TA with WDI and whomever filled his role decided to hire the Jack show.

Small side note, amazing how no one had this uproar for the end of the Krystos.
I can work with them updating regularly.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

That would make a lot more sense, IMO. Keep them on a 9-12 month contracts, keep it constantly changing.

danyoung56

I never slowed down to watch this show, in protest for the replacing of Off Kilter. I've seen and enjoyed OK over the years, and have gotten to know the boys somewhat. It was a really sad move of Disney to let them go, and no matter what replaced them would probably not be very popular (at least with me!).

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
That would make a lot more sense, IMO. Keep them on a 9-12 month contracts, keep it constantly changing.
Yeah. It'd make sense from Disney's perspective because they can keep them cheap, no long term entertainers demanding higher salaries. Plus, regular guests would have something new to see often. Since Epcot is making it's way towards year-round special events, 365 days of festival, the repeat business is what they want to entertain.

POLY LOVER

Yeah. It'd make sense from Disney's perspective because they can keep them cheap, no long term entertainers demanding higher salaries. Plus, regular guests would have something new to see often. Since Epcot is making it's way towards year-round special events, 365 days of festival, the repeat business is what they want to entertain.

pay cheap you get cheap. what are we going to have a revolving door of bad entertainment, when you have a winner you stick with it until you have something better.

sshindel

The Epcot Manifesto
pay cheap you get cheap. what are we going to have a revolving door of bad entertainment, when you have a winner you stick with it until you have something better.
It's been long know that Disney wants to invest as little as they can in Epcot and let the festivals squeeze as much out of the customers as they can. They don't want to pay one overpriced bar band for years when they can pay less for a new act each year.
And I highly support the idea of getting new acts in often. Will some of them be better or worse than others? Sure. But Epcot was supposed to be constantly updated. Disney refuses to do this with the attractions, leaving them there to rot, but if they can at least do this with their entertainment, it'll be a step in the right direction.

PhotoDave219

Original Poster

Well thats what Disneyland does and it works out there.

Don't get me wrong - I like off Kilter and I really enjoyed Mulch, Sweat and Shears.

Its just that if its the same thing, its just the same thing over and over. I want something new. I have no problem (and encourage) if they use the same people but change up the show, do something different.

Its like with the World Showcase Players. They used to have 4 or 5 different shows that they did over the years and it stayed relatively fresh... until they stopped doing that and it got old.

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom