Pre-Trip The birthday trip! Yes, I changed the title

Hi guys! Me, again!

Just booked trip #18 celebrating my daughter's 17th birthday and my husband's 37th birthday in February of 2017! We are so excited and can't wait to go back home!

WHO- Me(Courtney 34)
Husband(Kevin 36)
My Daughter(Brooklyn 16)
Step-Daughter(Mia 10)

WHAT- Well, my baby girl turns 17 on February 3rd and my husband turns 37 on Feb 7th. Also falling in there is Super Bowl Sunday on the 5th. I couldn't care less about football, but since my husband is big football fan I figured I'd look into some fun activities for that day. 5 day hoppers as of now, possibly adding a 6th day during the trip. DDP(we're big fans) My daughter and I spent 2 hrs picking what ADR's we're going to shoot for, and with everything we picked the math comes out to 2 free dinners if we go with the DDP as opposed to paying out of pocket.

WHERE- My fave spot POFQ( our 4th time staying here)

WHEN- February 1-8th possibly the 9th lol

WHY- See WHAT lol....

So like I said, Brook and I carefully chose every restaurant we hope to visit during this trip. Hopefully we are able to snag everything we'd like,but if not, we have a few backups;)

Here is what we have planned so far....Each trip we try and do something new. A new ride, show or restaurant. We are also adding in rest days, which we never do.

Feb1st...Arrival day...This will be a non-park day for us. We usually land early afternoon, so we will swim and hang around the resort until dinner at Chef Mickey's.

Feb 2nd...We will hit AK in the morning. Drop Mia off at Lilo's Playhouse(she LOVES going and BEGS to go every night) and then head over to 1900 Park Fare(a first for us) for an early dinner(hoping for 5ish). After dinner we will head to the MK, until around 10, then head back to the Poly to pick up Mia.

Feb 3rd...Brooklyn's 17th bday!!! A special one for us, I had her when I was 17, and I'm so proud of the young lady she has become. She chose Epcot in the morn and LTT and the MK for her bday dinner...she LOVES it there.

Feb 4th...HS in the morn, leave after lunch and swim until dinner at Spirit of Aloha, a first for us! I'm REALLY excited about the luau!

Feb 5th...Super Bowl Sunday! Rest day. We will swim, maybe do some resort hopping, or whatever else we stumble across. Mia will go to Lilo's at 4 and we will head over to the Boardwalk to visit ESPN and watch the game. They don't take ADR's for dinner or for big games, so hopefully if we arrive more than an hour before game time we'll find some seats. Brook and I will watch for an hour or so, eat some snacks, then hit the Boardwalk and probably rent a surrey. Haven't been to the BW in over 10 years.

Feb 6th...Some nice members here told me about the Super Bowl parade on Monday, so we will check that out. Leave MK in the afternoon and hop over to Epcot to eat at the Garden Grill. Brook and Mia have never been.

Feb 7th...Kevin's 37th bday! He chose Epcot for his bday park. We'll all have dinner at one of his fave places in WDW, Cape May Buffet then hop over to HS for his fave ride, RnRC.

Feb 8th...Departure Day...unless we decide to add another night in the next few months!

Last edited:

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Some non-Disney news here...my 16yr old daughter got her Driver's License yesterday!!I was so nervous for her, especially since I just taught her how to parallel park less than a week ago:bored:...but...she was 100% confident in being able to do it and she was! On our way back from the test we decided to go to Dutch Wonderland(theme park in PA Dutch county geared towards kids under 10) for old time's sake. We just couldn't drive by knowing we would never go in there again. I'd been going since I was a baby/kid in the 80's-90's, and then took her her whole life. We rode about 10 rides, played some games and really had a nice time.

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Now for a Disney update! Brook and I decided to make '' A taste of Philly'' boxes for all our fave CM's at FQ for this trip. We're going to make cute little Disney themed boxes and fill them items from you guessed it, Philly! Now we obv can't put a cheesesteak or water ice in the box, we did come up with some good ideas. Wawa coffee( yes, I know there are Wawa's springing up all over FL, but we were the home of the first store which was 3 mins from my house) Tastycakes, Peanut Chews, Mallow Cups, Herr's Chips...you get the idea.

21stamps

Some non-Disney news here...my 16yr old daughter got her Driver's License yesterday!!I was so nervous for her, especially since I just taught her how to parallel park less than a week ago:bored:...but...she was 100% confident in being able to do it and she was! On our way back from the test we decided to go to Dutch Wonderland(theme park in PA Dutch county geared towards kids under 10) for old time's sake. We just couldn't drive by knowing we would never go in there again. I'd been going since I was a baby/kid in the 80's-90's, and then took her her whole life. We rode about 10 rides, played some games and really had a nice time.
That's awesome! Sounds like a wonderful day :)
Now for a Disney update! Brook and I decided to make '' A taste of Philly'' boxes for all our fave CM's at FQ for this trip. We're going to make cute little Disney themed boxes and fill them items from you guessed it, Philly! Now we obv can't put a cheesesteak or water ice in the box, we did come up with some good ideas. Wawa coffee( yes, I know there are Wawa's springing up all over FL, but we were the home of the first store which was 3 mins from my house) Tastycakes, Peanut Chews, Mallow Cups, Herr's Chips...you get the idea.
My mom is originally from Philly.. Every time that family would come visit they would always bring boxes of Tastycakes for us!lol

Courtney6682

Original Poster
So when the Play, Stay and Dine discount was released about 2 weeks ago I was excited! Our dates fall in the correct range, but I knew that FQ was usually excluded from any discounts. We talked it over and if the price was right we would upgrade to either GF, Poly, CR or WL. I wasn't willing to switch to another mod resort, because we've stayed at all of them and in our eyes nothing compares to FQ. I called last night and there was NOTHING avail for the PS&D discount at ANY of the resorts we chose. There was availability at a few others, but nothing that I was willing to switch to. Oh well! We tried! So instead, I just added another night to our package so we will now be there from Feb 1-9th! Our longest Disney vacay ever! Sooo exciting! I think I'll try calling back once or twice to see if anything becomes avail, but if not, I'm perfectly ok with that too! Now all that's left to do is book flights, pick one more ADR and book our FP:D

Oh....and tell my husband I booked one more night.....

Courtney6682

Original Poster
I checked out flights and there were some REALLY good prices!

Gonna figure out our last ADR for the trip tonight...but I'm having trouble deciding on a place. I was thinking maybe Sci-Fi or Beaches and Cream. Both places my step-daughter hasn't been to, that I think she would think are cool. Decisions, Decisions.....

Courtney6682

Original Poster
57 days to go! Wow, it's really flying by now! I booked all of our FP's on Dec 3rd. I was really just hoping to get FEA and the new Soarin' since they weren't open this past April. Got them both! So here's the lineup...

Feb 1st...arrival day...no parks

Feb 2nd..Dinosaur 9:35-10:35am
Everest 11:45-12:45pm
Primeval Whirl 1:30-2:30pm

Feb 3rd..Brooklyn's 17th bday!
Figment 9:10-10:10am
Mission Space 11:20-12:20pm
FEA 1:25-2:25pm

Feb 4th...RnRC 9:45-10:45am
ToT 11:20-12:20pm
Star Tours 1:20-2:20pm

Feb 5th ...Super Bowl Sunday...no parks

Feb 6th...Mine Train 9:05-10:05am
Space Mtn 10:40-11:40am
Splash Mtn 12:10-1:10pm
I didn't realize until now while looking at this day how stupid it is lol...that's too much zig-zagging all over the place ...I'm going to try and change this

Feb 7th....Soarin' 9:45.10:45am
Figment 11:05-12:05pm
Mission Space 2:15-3:15pm

Feb 8th...We finally decided on our last TS meal after agonizing for weeks...Tusker House at 12:50pm. We have never been, so it looks like we will spend the morning and early afternoon at AK.

Last edited:

21stamps

Wow you got Frozen!!! Lucky!!! I'm so envious, we were not able to.

I really enjoy Tusker House. Even though we cancelled it this trip, and we cancelled Chef Mickey, and Sci Fi...the latter 2 the day of.lol

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Wow you got Frozen!!! Lucky!!! I'm so envious, we were not able to.

I really enjoy Tusker House. Even though we cancelled it this trip, and we cancelled Chef Mickey, and Sci Fi...the latter 2 the day of.lol

Did u book book your FP's at 60 days? Is it still really that hard to get? My daughter wanted to wake up at 6:50 am on Sat...I said ABSOLUTELY NOT! I'm up every day at 6:25am for work so there was no way in helllllllllllll I was waking up at 7am on a Sat! Turns out I had to get up before noon because my husband was working and we were changing our cable provider...bllaaahhhh...so I booked them probs around 10-11 am-ish

21stamps

Did u book book your FP's at 60 days? Is it still really that hard to get? My daughter wanted to wake up at 6:50 am on Sat...I said ABSOLUTELY NOT! I'm up every day at 6:25am for work so there was no way in helllllllllllll I was waking up at 7am on a Sat! Turns out I had to get up before noon because my husband was working and we were changing our cable provider...bllaaahhhh...so I booked them probs around 10-11 am-ish
Yes!!!! Exactly the 60 day mark! I was up and ready. Couldn't get it :(

geebee721

Your plans sound awesome! We will be there January 25-February 5. This is my favorite time of the year to go. This past year we left on February 2 and it was really warm and in the 80s...so you may luck out with some warm weather for the water parks!

Courtney6682

Original Poster
Your plans sound awesome! We will be there January 25-February 5. This is my favorite time of the year to go. This past year we left on February 2 and it was really warm and in the 80s...so you may luck out with some warm weather for the water parks!

Thank you! This is my fave time of year to go as well! Low crowds, nice weather...it's the best! Where are u guys staying this year?

Register on WDWMAGIC. This sidebar will go away, and you'll see fewer ads.

Back
Top Bottom